Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Lana big question of the week - pink or peach? You will find out why but I cannot decide for you, so pink or peach?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Heat wave is ending and that is good news. We will have more but not yet.

TGIF all over the place.

Weekend will be busy but if I plan it right it wont be so bad. Just like our food/all about planning - I know I just rolled my eyes.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there but enjoy it being Friday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Hello All~~

Hello Sara - the answer is Pink!, though I do love peach very much.

It is raining here AGAIN! Ugh. I'm glad that the heat is letting up in California~~

Lana
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Waves to all! Just time to pop in and catch up!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Well... first confirmed case from Memorial Day... a tourist brought it here... they were sick when they came here... they could have potentially infected soo many people... knew it would happen... i'm not going to live in fear... but, I am starting to think, this may be a huge hot spot before long... people just won't stay away..

I can't remember if I mentioned Gma having surgery next Friday... tentatively... depending on if she changes her mind. Dr can almost 100% guarantee, he won't have to give her a colostomy bag... but, they want her to stay for 14 days.. she's not happy about that... so, we shall see...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

I took my after work nap yesterday and did not know what day it was when I woke up!! So I have moved many of my errands today to tomorrow or Wednesday as I have it off.

Dawn - I am hoping as well that your gma will see the idea of not having a colostomy bag as reason enough to go through with the surgery - 14 days is probably quarantine precaution and as you said the numbers may explode between now and then and that may be enough to get gma motivated - she is already in the hospital and is in a better spot to be cared for. We shall see what we shall see.

Dawn- keep more than one mask in your car. If you get dropped off for work, have another one in your purse. Only because with summer they get "icky" fast - dry off outside up at home.

Rain last night and lightning this morning in the clouds. What a week for a meteorologist!!

I need more sleep - long day even with my list amended.

Wave to all who follow. Stay safe out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

Sara - I hope that you got some more sleep for yourself.

Dawn - I am sending your grandmother good vibes that everything falls into place for her.
    Is it as Sara says? Does that mean the 14 days is in advance of the surgery?
    So sorry to hear that the tourists have brought the plague with them. 😨

The sun is out! I am so thankful!
    I am also very groggy even though it seems I got 8 hours of sleep.

Who wants to go for a walk with me this morning? I need someone to walk with!

*waving to Antoine for more coffee*

Lana

256.2 today, down from the past two days 😮
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana I think the 14 days is after surgery to prevent someone getting covid and taking it away from the hospital
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/Lana- Thank you both. Yes, the 14 days is post op. The first surgeon had said max of 6 days...but, he insisted on the bag...mom was concerned that Gma would be at higher risk of Covid, in the hos. But, I think she’ll be just as safe, if not safer...they will take extra precautions, she won’t be exposed other than staff, no visitors..

I do have a new concern..hoping it’s just that and nothing becomes of it. Gma talked to Uncle the other day. Mom doesn’t know what about. My worry is, if she told him about the surgery and he and my Aunt are going to cause issues. I can only hope, I am wrong...see, I seriously worry about everything...ugh
  • arniedog74
    Options
    lpd067md8zbn.jpeg

This is my burrito bowl. This is day 1...I ate a bit more than usual, I was hungry...I ate about half of what is left and will finish, tomorrow. It’s worth $8 for me
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Dawn - points for not eating whole salad!! Today can be 2nd half add a piece of fruit when you eat 1/2 so you wont feel as deprived. When is Gma's operation? Just be glad they are willing to do it. At one point here in CA it had to be an "emergency" because of COVID. That has eased luckily.

Short to do list today.

My neighbor has had 3 birthday parties this weekend. They do like to party. I hope this is just because of his birthday.

Trying to bribe dog to take meds this morning. She is feeling better but still not eating much.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hey there Sara~~

3 Birthday parties next door? Wow!

I hope that you have peace and quiet today. I also hope that Miss Tillie eats better today.

Lana

257.2 ugh
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn your burrito bowl looks so good I am jealous.

I found small bags of rice for food closet.

Rice beans chicken cheese (ricotta cheese instead of sour cream) lettuce is not my favorite part anyway - so hey!! I can make my own! No jealousy needed except it is much nicer to have someone else make it.

Lana I had to force medication on dog but she is more spunky and ate some of her wet food and is drinking water.

My chores are almost done and I need more steps.

BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    ok18omc2ibtq.png

5lwpp6wjiv4g.png
    0khrm0nsloa7.png

Something to ponder

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Rumors of protest and violence in my area are beginning. First COVID then my boss, I will not live with any more paranoia.

Forced dog to take her meds this morning, she is refusing food again tonight. Not a great day here, but I am looking for the syringe so I can shoot it into her mouth tomorrow. Mommy will have to get tough.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Didnt sleep until late. So I am hoping for a little more before I have to deal with work.

Left a good part of my meal plans at the store - paid for them they didnt make my cart. I figure I was not paying attention and in a hurry which makes it my fault. So on my day off Wednesday I will have to shop. Some stores are closed right now with the protests, so we shall see about that as well.

f5q9y59i1i93.png

I will try to make the best of it.

• brennerjlb
    Options
    Sara - that dog is sooo cute. I just want to snuggle with him!
    Still yawning...have to find some motivation here this am :) My bed - that is what is motivating me right now!
    Dawn - I too will send health vibes for Gramma. I like the better safe than sorry approach.
    Thinking the virus will be even worse in two weeks after all these protests. All for peaceful protesting - some pretty good reasons to do so, but I cannot imagine the infection rate going on. We will see.
    Have a good Monday!
    Lynn
    Waves to all, small pitiful tired waves, but waves none the less :wink:
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning All~~

wkstbanrd53r.png

It's June 1st
    It's a Monday

I need this fresh start today~

Lana

256.4 today
    258.8 highest
    214.0 2020 goal
  • brennerjlb
    Options
    Good morning All~~

wkstbanrd53r.png

It's June 1st
    It's a Monday

I need this fresh start today~

Lana

Me too! LOVE THIS!
    CW 194.2
    HW 207
    GW 180
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Grandma's surgery is this Friday. I am really starting to worry.. good news (maybe) she will not have to stay more than overnight... if all goes well.. no idea why such a change... I'm glad she'll be home..I also worry about her being home... if anything should go wrong... yes, yes I am a worrier...

Sara- hope Miss T starts taking meds better...we have had protests in the city.. haven't heard of anything here...

Lynn- we are waiting for a huge increase in cases, too... so far, i've only heard of the 1... but, I find it hard to believe that will be all... I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of bed, every day... blah

Lana- hugs