Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    First week of Jan was a massive failure for me! I have been so stressed being back at work, literally crying some days (I'm looking for a new job but until then this is my life). I went a few thousand calories over this week so not a good start to the year for me. But I'm going to start taking better care of myself this coming week- stress wise and health wise. Eating better will help me feel better as well. No need to ruin my body over a silly job. I'm hoping to be at least 1/2 a kilo down by the end of Jan. I can do it!!!!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Rain is here and so far not heavy - they predict that for tomorrow, so if I go and do my errands early, I should be okay. Buying extra root vegetables to roast today.

Dawn - do you have Parvo at work? Sending good thoughts for puppy and that it gets a good place. You won the battle yesterday by not over eating.

Cheerios, if you took a poll, most of us who work use food to deal with things. If you must eat find the best food you can.

Dog is done with her morning routine and I need to jump back under the blankets.

Wave to all who follow.

BBL
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options
    First week of Jan was a massive failure for me! I have been so stressed being back at work, literally crying some days (I'm looking for a new job but until then this is my life). I went a few thousand calories over this week so not a good start to the year for me. But I'm going to start taking better care of myself this coming week- stress wise and health wise. Eating better will help me feel better as well. No need to ruin my body over a silly job. I'm hoping to be at least 1/2 a kilo down by the end of Jan. I can do it!!!!!

Cheerios!
    Oh dear. I can see only the good in your week!
    You are deserving of huge CONGRATULATIONS!
    A massive Non Scale Victory: You counted all of your food to even know you were over on your calories!

That is amazing!!-- that you can count all of your food. I want you to bottle and sell to me that commitment to journal and track every day!!!! To heck that you were over, and it doesn't matter if by a lot.

I keep trying to get myself to count everything, but the commitment and sense of purpose and energy is not yet there with me.

No negative self-talk allowed!!!! 10 Gold starts and Cabana Boy foot massage for you!

Hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Waves to Sara and Dawn~~

Waves to Annie and Sam and Missy~

Welcomes to anyone who wants to post anything!

Time to log brunch into MFP. (I always get breakfast, usually get lunch, and then don't do my dinner and snacks and middle of the night eating if there is any. I am LAZY. Crumbs.
    Yes, I will try harder. If Cheerios can do it, so can I.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Oven has 2 baked potatoes/ 5 sweet potatoes and a cookie sheet of parsnips/carrots/sweet potatoes - 5 sweet potatoes are for work snack. Cookie sheet veg is to make calzones (of a sort).

I bought all at one store, so now I have brands that are more caloric and sugar in my greek yogurt, I am tracking and doing my best this week. In for rest of weekend - no more traveling needed. Worst comes between today/tomorrow.

Tea Kettle done, so coffee for me while I wait for veggies to bake.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - where do you live? You will have to be shoveling at work I guess? You won't get sick (crossing fingers), just be very careful of all of your bodily parts. The last thing you want to do is hurt yourself at work!

Sara - your home must smell so wonderful with all of those veggies roasting away~~ Mmmm....I bet it has that holiday dinner smell.

Well, Lazy Lana just grabbed herself by the ear and sat down and logged lunch and then logged the overboard afternoon snack. NSV!

Also a Big Big Light Bulb lit up:
    When I go down to NC a week from today, there is no scale there anymore. DH took it with him with my blessing.

SO, it will be in my best interests to track everything that goes in my mouth for 3.5 weeks. It's the only way to keep on course and not gain. Pants that don't fit now will tell me if I am losing!

Lana
  • Justjayde1984
    Justjayde1984 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey all. Need to lose at least 4 stone. Here to focus I am determined.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Welcome JJayde~~

Missy - Frozen pants!!! OMG! Hang in there dear.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Found out the back up unit for my computer is worthless- power was out for almost an hour (took dog for walk and read book) - we are lucky as trees could come down and it may not be the first time. I was making dinner early and was wondering if I had to have cold food - it would have been okay.

Had scone for breakfast, tracked, ignored bakery and sweets at store and have tea kettle on to have some tea and hot water bottle.

Missy - thermal underwear under those slacks?? And sometimes even that is not enough. Cabana Boy care package on its way to Missy......

Dog was eating grass outside for a long time this morning (between waves of rain) and is now feeling better.

Time to settle in with dog for evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

I have been the same way... my job gets to me, anyway... this week was just terrible... good luck in the job search... hope things look up for you, soon
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - oddly I would almost wish it were Parvo... there would have been more hope. We had Distemper. And sadly, neither puppy made it. One was not as bad as the other, so we held out hope for her. She went downhill and we didn't want her to suffer. There are certain things you can do, but it only prolongs the outcome. And, after her brother had got so bad, we just had to do the right thing... no matter how hard it was...how I dread making that decision... so glad it doesn't happen often. We are a No Kill Shelter...I couldn't work there otherwise...

Hope you don't have any damage from the rain.. or float away... roasted veggies sound very yummy... hope you got to enjoy them warm...

Missy - oh my that's a lot of snow... and, we were just whining about 2"..I love snow... but, wow that's a lot... ours is mostly gone already... mighty cold, tho... shoveling snow is definitely a heck of a work out... don't freeze yer tootsies off! Take plenty of breaks!

Lana - I too am struggling with logging...I was doing so well for several months... then I just gave up...I felt like it wasn't helping and I was wasting my time...I was almost always under on Calories...I just couldn't get my Macros right...I know I don't have to go by that... but, I really think it is important for me...I need more than just Calories, I think... it's all such a struggle...I just can't figure out the best thing for me...

Welcome @Justjayde1984

Glad this week is finally over... and, I'm feeling better... time for some rest so I stay that way...

Everyone stay warm and dry... meet you under Lana's Palm Tree

- Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Up to get dog fed and medicated. Jump back under the covers soon.

Large window in room I sleep gets rained on and it did last night. One of the worst days of our "once in 10 years" storm - so I will be staying inside with dog.

Trying to decide on meals today and drew a blank - off to get more sleep.

Wishing all a good day, wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Missy - the shelter is definitely heartbreaking and rewarding all at the same time... thankfully, rewarding more often than not... that was my first experience with Distemper in almost 9 years... we've had 3 cases of Parvo since I've been there, as it's more common (I believe)... I'm very grateful that we have many, many more happy endings than sad...and, it's very hard not to bring every dog home...hehe

Sara - I love sleeping in the rain... but, rain pounding on the window would not be relaxing at all... stay dry and enjoy your day...

Check in later...
    - Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I hope that the power stays on for you and you decide on some healthy meals for the day.

Missy - 10 inches! Ugh!

Dawn - I did end up logging the entire liberal day yesterday: It was double what I should have had, but I did it, an I tracked it all on MFP.

Now to go log my breakfast.....

Today's weigh in: 234.6 up .2 from last Sunday BUT down from Thursday's 236.8
    This is why I weigh daily. An uptick from last Sunday might be disappointing, but I get to know that things had gotten worse during the week, and I fought it back down.

Ok, I'm logging now......

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I am not proud of my diet this weekend. Back is still hurting, which meant no exercise. I confess I kind of ate my way through it. Had our 5th and final Christmas yesterday.

Made a great meal plan for the week and bought the groceries today. All of the junk food is GONE! DH and I decided we both agree we just can't "go there"...to bad foods...no matter if we're at work, at home, out, etc. So, it's fresh start tomorrow.

I'm honestly tired of making excuses for myself. Feeling sad. But not giving up.

Lana - Bravo to you for tracking and weighing in!

Welcome to everyone new!

Have a good evening,
    Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - good for you and DH making the decision to do better! You can do this!

Lana- proud of you for logging! Way to go!

Sara - hope you didn't float away

Today was not a bad food day... but, no energy to do anything...I don't know if it's getting over illness... all the stress and heartbreak at work...I just feel completely drained...watching Elvis movies all day...I just adore him... even tho they're cheesy..

Everyone have a good night...
    - Dawn

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Down another .6 today so that is 1.4 off my highest weigh in - after the holidays.Will keep working on chipping that away.

Will find out what damage is out there today - rain made dog walks short. So far not a lot of rain this morning.

Annie/Dawn - how can we help you? I also watch dvds to escape for awhile, so good for you. Annie - I am glad to know DH is on board - that will help greatly.

Oatmeal is cooking and I am eager to get under covers.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Morning... my day off... why am I awake? Lol A friend of mine is needing some help, so I got to walk dogs, while SO goes to help... back under the blankies, trying to get the pups to join me...

Sara - congrats on yer WI... hope no damage there..

As far as helping me..I honestly don't know... it's all in my head..I just got to get myself over this hump..

Going to rest some more... check in later...

Good day to all...
    - Dawn
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Well, I decided to log today... had breakfast all logged, before eating...I went to cook and what I was going to make was gone... apparently, SO had a late night snack...guess I'll double check before I log next time.... bad thing... what I was going to eat, was high in protein, low carb... what I ended eating, was the opposite... blah
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday morning

Almost noon here, actually. :) Good day, so far. Tried to go without ibuprofen for back so I could better judge how it was doing, but then I also got hit with menstrual cramps. Decided I needed the pain relief. Chiro appt this afternoon and looking forward to it!

Menu today =

Breakfast = 2 eggs, 2 cups of coffee with 2 Tbsp each sugar-free creamer
    Snacks = 1 light string cheese, 1/2 c. cucumber slices
    Lunch = 1 chicken tender, 1.5 cups of cabbage salad. Dressing on side.
    Snacks = 1 light string cheese, 1/2 c. sweet peppers
    Supper = 1 c. homemade beef stew

40-50 oz. of water. I may add in a cup of 1% milk at supper or in the evening since my calories are still pretty low.

Will be a long day. Left the house at 7:10 a.m. and won't get home again until after 7 p.m. DD has tae kwon do after work and then have to pick up DH from work (sharing a car while other car is on the fritz). Thank good ness for homemade beef stew in the crockpot!

Sara - congrats on the WI.

Dawn - I feel you. I have to keep my head on straight, as well. It's all a mental challenge right now. I'm keeping in mind that my "cheat" will be on Thursday night when we go out for supper for DH's b-day. I can and will stay on plan until then...and after it's over.

Will lurk from work.

Annie