Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - that looks like an amazing place to be in the New Year... sign me up :)

Sara - sorry about your phone... you are lucky your wallet was left.. phones are much easier to replace... yay for dog weight loss... good luck on your weigh in...

I'm leaving all the the insurance/ hospice up to Mom and siblings... just hope they can agree on things.. they don't always get along

Just hangin with the pups and watching movies, today.... trying to get motivated to start putting things away from Christmas... always bring home lotsa goodies from Mom and Gma...

Have a good day everyone... check in later
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year! I lost 10 lbs this year and gained it all back (mostly right at the end of the year during the holidays.) Goal is to lose 15 lbs this year and keep it off! Working on making better choices today although there are way too many leftovers and temptations in my house right now. I did have my regular fried egg for breakfast rather than a cinnamon streusal muffin and I have avoided pop so far today.

I decided to make an activity goal to go along with my weight loss goal. My goal is to walk at least 10 miles per week or 520 miles this year.

My parents are in their mid-60's and when we were there visiting, I saw how limited my mom is becoming with walking. Sightseeing was a real struggle for her. She should really see a doctor to find out if she can get some pain relief or PT to build strength? I have no doubt she would feel a bit better if she lost weight.

DH and I both got a little scared by it and have committed to losing weight and staying more active. I have been dealing with a back/leg issue for a couple of years and I am committed to talking to my doctor about it this year in the hopes of getting to the bottom of it and possibly getting PT to help. We are too young to get decrepit if we can help it!

Going to get on the treadmill today to start logging miles toward my goal!

Have a great day!
    Annie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Will read back in a moment - called coworker - we have tomorrow off and I had no clue.... Luckily I walk to work so it would not be such a hardship. What to do with an unplanned day off??

ATT closed today, will call 1-800 # to see if my cell phone has any minutes on it - if it does then it is misplaced. Just got off phone with ATT - balance of $180 is still on phone - so where phone is I have no idea - but as I have tomorrow off, I can go to nearby ATT phone store and tsf info/balance to a new one - they run about $40.00 - so I am thrilled.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    okay not one of my stellar days - car phone was in passenger side floor of car (same shade as floor mats....) I remembered a couple of minutes ago throwing purse in car and losing phone in former car and sure enough.......at least it only took 4 hours to find. hahahaha

What really annoys me is that I was so quick to think someone stole my phone. This only gets worse with age. Oh boy.....

Annie - sometimes seeing our parents older with similar health issues is a good motivator and I am glad to hear that DH is on board as well.

Hearing some good plans for 2017 .....

Will do some sweeping and walking and take a nap with dog. Need to work off some of this unneeded anxiety from non- stolen phone. Leaving the bad food alone for now.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Huge dinner, but most of the rest of my day was rather small. Scale - please dont let me gain another 3 pounds tomorrow.

Knitting and will take dog out soon for her last big walk.

Have a box for Goodwill tomorrow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options
    Sara-- last night I went to sleep hours before midnight, slept through the festivities, and then woke up very early today. I'm so glad you have your phone.

Missy & Annie & Dawn ---
    Put on your thinking caps, so we all can come up with some weekly ideas, goals, and/or challenges to inspire us through the winter and get us going in this new year!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sara - so glad you found your phone...I lost my phone, in my purse, in a dark movie theater... talk about embarrassing, since I had them turn the lights on... thankfully, movie was over and theater was empty..Enjoy the unexpected day off... can't say that's ever happened to me... not sure what I'd do with myself...

Missy- I just can't take decorations down just yet... so sad to see the season end...

Lana - thinking cap is pretty dusty... gonna hafta shake it off... not sure how useful it will be...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Good morning,

Dog woke me at 3 - she got to go out and then she wanted food. She had to wait. She is now taken care of and I will go back to sleep again.

Christmas box will be taken down and opened and purged. Decorations still up in window for a little while longer.

Trip to Goodwill on tap later.

Will weigh in later and post. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I have no (room for) decorations in apartment except a very cute little Christmas tree crocheted by one of Santa's Elfs, which hangs from the clock.

Down at NC home, the Christmas tree (4-feet high) is up year-round, along with the Easter eggs and Valentines things and the Indian corn and gourds.

Ages ago, my family would keep decorations up until January 6th.

MONDAY QOTD: Are you able to plan out your food for the day? A simple sketch in your mind can help; writing it is better. Look to where you'll get your protein and get your fruits and veggies?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Down .8 from last week. Glad the scale is moving down again.

AOTD: I set my week up so my breakfast /lunches are automatic, snacks are greek yogurt/ banana/apple so by time I am home I usually need 1 fruit/veg with dinner. Beating boredom is my hurdle, but working on that too.....

The "worst" year I kept Christmas in my window until Valentines day, so anytime in January is fine by me.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara

Congrats on a great weigh in!!

You are organized and have your meals mostly set. Very important for success!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- Congrats on the loss... always good to see the number go down... they've taken my scale away at work...I have one at home, which actually shows a much lower number, but I'm not sure how reliable it is as it is old and doesn't seem to move, ever... that is incredibly depressing
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    I couldn't survive happily without my scale. Plus I'd be huge.

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- I agree...I think that's another reason I'm in a funk...I guess I could just use mine at home... start doing better, making better choices, and see if the number ever changes... only problem, do I actually go by that number, or estimate it at the higher number I know the digital would be showing?
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I braved it and stepped on my scale...I am just going to use this as a start weight... right or wrong...

SW: 147
    CW: 147
    GW: 130

I don't like that I won't know if I'm down, even a little (.2.. .8 whatever) but, it's better than not knowing anything at all...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Dawn - good job for stepping on scale, it is a reference point regardless if the ## is correct.

I did two things today to lessen my caloric intake - I did not go out to eat (to celebrate day off and that also has a $$ victory), and I took one extra visit to the trash/recycle - a little more exercise and less junk in place.

Back to chair with dog.
  • blackcoffeeandcherrypie
    Options
    I'm a serial starter too. But it's better to keep falling down and getting up, than just staying down.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - I just have to push myself over this hump... just keep coming up with excuses... now, I've caught the cold that's going around my work and have no energy... back to work tomorrow... should be fun...

Welcome @blackcoffeeandcherrypie
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday night check in...

Day 2 of no pop/soda and Day 2 of walking. I have walked 4.61 of 520 miles for 2017!

The rest of the diet, not so good. I think the bulk of the holiday leftovers are eaten now and if anything, I am going to throw out the rest of the temptations! I am back to work tomorrow after nearly 2 weeks off. It's always easier to stay on track at work.

Sara - congratulations on the weight loss!

And seriously, good job to everyone who has stepped on the scale. I am not there yet.

I am already pre-tracking tomorrow's food as a way to help me focus and stay on track.

Breakfast = coffee with sugar-free creamer and one fried egg
    Lunch = 1 cup of Pasta E Fagioli soup (with no pasta, but does include beans and veggies)
    Supper = 3 oz. roasted chicken breast and 1/2 cup green beans
    Snacks = 1/2 cup cucumber slices, 1 light string cheese, and 7 reduced-fat triscuits

Question: As I track tomorrow, I still have 354 calories left after I account for my breakfast, lunch, supper, and snacks. Trying to keep my carbs under 80-90 (so far, my day has 55 carbs in it.) How would you fill in the missing calories while avoiding sugar? (Total calorie goal is 1200).

Annie
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie - way to go on walking, tracking, and no soda ...I am not quite there, yet...I agree it is much easier to stay on track at work.. bad choices are so easy when you're of your routine... looks like you have great meals planned for tomorrow...I'm not good with suggestions...I always am looking for help myself...