Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• fyree39
    fyree39 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My poor eating leads to depression. *sigh* I was doing so good, logging food, eating healthy things, avoiding processed food. Mid-December had me falling off the wagon and I've eaten everything in sight for the past two weeks.

I'm picking myself up, dusting myself off, and getting right back on that horse. Starting tomorrow. :s
  • kamelia74
    kamelia74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks for letting me in this group. I went to my doctor this month and was told I'm a pre-diabetic and need loose weight & to change lifestyle. So this is my start. I'm going to try low carbs and cook my meals every day for one month.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Back to work. Yikes, but how nice was a 3 day weekend??

Question of the week will come back with discipline in January in hopes that it will keep us on a straighter road.

Waiting for oatmeal and will make hot water bottle for last nap before reality and work starts again. Scale was down slightly today which is nice.

Fyree - welcome, stop by and post when you can.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow.
  • fyree39
    fyree39 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    kamelia74 wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me in this group. I went to my doctor this month and was told I'm a pre-diabetic and need loose weight & to change lifestyle. So this is my start. I'm going to try low carbs and cook my meals every day for one month.

Kamelia, the cooking part I've found the be the best way to cut carbs/calories/fat/pick your poison. My only problem is I get tired of cooking everyday. lol I do make weekly menus which helps.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I get points for walking past all the containers of cupcakes/muffins and other goodies people are bringing in. I even said no thank you to a woman's birthday cupcakes (the frosting was not appealing). Granted I may not have been saintly food wise, but to walk past these things was not my way before WW - so I get points (however that works).

Wishing all a good evening.
  • Cheerios0392
    Cheerios0392 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I really went off the rails for a while over Christmas. For almost a week I had no self control at all.. which would be fine if I hadn't let myself go while overseas just 2 weeks before that! hahaha. But today I've really worked hard and finally had one day below maintenance. Now to just keep on going till I'm back into the swing of things! Of course, now I have extra weight to get rid of but I'm sure it will all come off in good time. As long as I dont get out of control again!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Cheerios!! Good to see you again- I lost track of some people who post. Of course I dont always get the answer right on the quiz "what day is it??" - especially with our holiday schedule. I looked at my weight jump the same way and will just keep plugging away. We are going to start the question of the day/week again, so we can all be a little more disciplined.

Dog has a couple of ways to wake me, today it was pawing the blanket and it sounded like a 'thump'. She also wiggles me awake or she starts "huffing and puffing" which is her half barking. Who needs an alarm clock?

This week is pretty well set food wise, now to ignore the goodies people are bringing to work - probably stuff they got for the holidays and cant have in their house :D . So long as I just keep walking past it.

Too cold to walk outside and so I walk the hallways to at least get some walking. Sweeping outside still going on so slowly chipping away at that extra poundage.

Lana - how are you doing? Did you get home in one piece - I know treatment's tomorrow. Keep us posted when you can - sending good thoughts.

Annie / Sam we know you are out there.... Lana is so good at keeping names straight (I just cut paragraph and found one of her last posts)... when the holidays settle down hope you can drop by.

Oatmeal ready and sounds like paper being delivered - dog barking and paper dance soon to follow.

Wishing all a great Wednesday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Ha, Ha!
    Sara!
    I have a Post It on the keyboard area of my laptop because I cannot remember names if people don't sign with them on each post! Remember Ladies, some of us are "of a certain age" and cannot remember much at all!

Yesterday's train trip went well.

Today's big feature was DH packing up his car and heading out first to see his family in Illinois and then to sail on to Las Vegas. All is extremely good and better-than-amicable between us. Sara, I know that you had mentioned that most separations/divorces don't do the "friends" thing well at all, and I do agree with you, but the way his family is, and the way our little niche business is, our personal societal inclinations favor things being done in a very positive way. For this we are both glad really. The whole separation and divorce process will proceed at a snail's pace, seriously. Long story, and I mean LONG story short, it could be two to three years....which is fine. I did not want to be rushed, especially during chemo.

Today I bought and self-customized a brand new Weight Watching Journal Book for 2017. I covered it with happy spring green gift wrapping paper to make that $2 black and white drug store composition book very pretty!

Waves to all.

Gah! This is long, sorry.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    never apologize for length of post, separating into paragraphs is appreciated. at work. bbl
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good Evening,

Looks like a Lana & Sara day here, that just means we get first in time for the foot massage and extra fluffing under Lana's Palm Tree.

Gentleman from work from Brooklyn asked me if I felt the earthquakes last night - I was sound asleep. It was his first (the center of them were about 100 miles away) and luckily it was not a "large" one. It is a scary experience if you have never felt one.

Dishwasher running, dog will go on walk and then we are in for the night. Bringing Tillie along tonight - she like the way the Cboys fawn over her.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Hi Ladies! I have been so tired since coming home, Monday. Visit with family was good. I did stop by and see sis in law and met her girls..4 and 8... so cute... funny, I met sis in law when she was just 4, she's now 30 and a mom... wow! They called me Aunt Dawn... that just melted my heart...

I've been struggling a bit walking away from sweets at work... but, I only eat one (2 depending on what it is)... so, better than sitting down and eating whole box of chocolate...

Trying to get caught up on sleep... so, be here when I'm not crashed..

Oh, yeah... had a very scary incident on way home Monday night... we were driving on a dark road, keeping an eye out for deer... suddenly, out of nowhere, there was a big black mass in middle of road... it was dark out, so we're lucky we saw it... it turned to look at us, not moving... it was a cow! Right in middle of the road! We called police, as it was in a very dangerous spot... Apparently, they knew the cow... it wanders a lot! Really?! We could have been seriously injured at the very least... those people should be fined.. it's going to cause a horrible accident one day...Well, at least we survived with no injury... didn't hit it, thankfully...close one for sure...

Lana glad you are doing ok...

I will be back when I can... take care all... hugs

- Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning! It's THURSDAY!?

Dawn - A COW!? Was this in the middle of Missouri? You are right--the owners should be fined. Glad you are safe.

Sara - I have never experienced an earthquake that I was laying down for, so I missed it, in New York State, decades ago. My sister and I never seem to talk about this subject. Does Tillie notice them?

Back to sleep for another hour or two hopefully.

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning, I told someone it is a week of Mondays - so it is Thursday/Monday -

Lana - you are up early!! Hope you get more sleep. Dog is my reason....Dont know if dog feels earthquakes.

Cows are lethal weapons out on the road. Can you file a "restraining order" against the owners? If police already know and "write it off" not much you can do - how is cow related to police department?? Glad you are safe - and hope nobody gets hurt.

Dog taken care of - her allergies are back - so medication in full force again.

Oatmeal is ready and I also want some more sleep before work.

Lana hope your session goes well today.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Cow should be made to wear a reflective-stripe blanket.
    Years ago, it was just a cow bell. Now we need something "advanced".
    Seriously, owner of cow needs to fix his barbed wire fence. (My parents' last home was in New York State dairy country.)

Time to make some coffee. Session is in the afternoon today.

Waves to all who follow!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I don't know who owner of cow is, obviously police do. I'm guessing they've had multiple calls. We were just worried that someone might not be as lucky as we were, so we notified police. Obviously, they don't do much. Yes, this is in Missouri, Lake of the Ozarks.... lots of cattle and farm life. Reflective blanket would be great! All it had on was an ear tag
    .. that's how police were able to know it was repeat offender...lol

Lana- hope treatment goes well... check in when you can... Will be thinking of you..

Sara- sorry pups allergies are bothering her. I can relate. Been having nice weather last few days and I'm all congested... ugh

Lurking from work.. check in later... have a good day all!

- Dawn
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Guess what Ladies?

I am all planned, journaled, and tracked on MFP today! I am a bit over for calories, but not badly, and I will make up a little bit walking to and from the subway.

I need to post my stats.....

Today's weight: 234.6 (not weigh in day)
    245.6 Highest ever
    208.6 Serial Starters lowest weight
    175.0 Goal
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Eggs, sausage and root veg for dinner. Green points today. Shared my extra Christmas candy with coworkers.

Dog walk soon.

Excellent job, Lana - let it be the beginning of better habits in 2017. Peep when you can.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Peep.

Can't sleep
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning,

Lana - count sheep?? Rhyme time....

Multi - tasking is not my thing - found myself picking up dog kibble food off the kitchen floor.

Tired but then it is Friday. Coworker is moving this weekend, so I keep my whining to myself.

Got on scale in official weigh in outfit - down 0.4 - love to torture myself as I know it is only Monday that counts....

Will lurk from work. Wishing all a great Friday.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! I'm home from Georgia and just got done opening gifts with our kids. Thoroughly enjoyed vacation and being with my folks. Saw lots of sights and enjoyed beautiful weather. My mom cooked way too well for us and I'm afraid to stand on the scale, so I'm not going to. Not very happy with the family pix she took of us. I know the scale was up a bit before we left. At that point I had a good 10 lbs to lose to get down to my lowest from 2.5 yars ago. We have one more Christmas tomorrow and then DH and I are committed to losing weight and exercising = being healthier.

Will have to wait until later to have time to go back and read through the posts. Have to get a shower, work on laundry, and go grocery shopping!

Annie