Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato in toaster oven. Waiting for tea kettle for more tea.

Just above freezing at the moment. We had a short dog walk, will give her another one later.

Dawn, I like the idea of the Christmas Jar because we get odd change throughout the year what a good way to use it!

Started to crochet - item too small and eyes too tired. Will try later.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - did the Cabana Boy care package find you?? I knew they were up to something, but they do like their secrets. May you have quiet, rest and good food to carry you through the day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Missy/Dawn/Annie - hug your dogs for me today. (Annie when you get back and your sweetheart is out of Kennel give her a hug)

Lana - hug the handyman for me! You do not have a dog at the moment......

Young lady I taught to crochet and has taken me to medical apts told me she is getting married in 2018 and I am invited and to bring a date. I thanked her for giving me enough warning - now to find someone.......

Got 2 nice mugs for Christmas and went through my cupboard and took out a couple I dont use. Will take them to work and leave them in a place food gets left. I also have a really nice Tupperware container - will ask 2 nice ladies who have families if they can use it. Part of my New Year is to live in a less cluttered place.

Hot water bottle ready and dog is my shadow, back to recliner.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,891 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    deim42n4f30v.jpg

I had to try the instructions to post photo from my phone. This is looking out window with 24/7/365 Christmas tree in NC, with flamingos that go outside in summer.

Merry Christmas

Lana
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! I started posting earlier, but had to go to family Christmas... was very nice seeing family... really upset that one Cousin didn't show, nor allow her young son to join us.. we have very few Christmases left with Grandpa, we all need to be at every one... she is incredibly selfish...

I don't seem to have a camera icon...I am pretty sure I had it on my old phone, now that you mentioned it...hmmmm...

I am forgoing a dinner invite which I really wanted to attend...Just to keep from upsetting mom...I was recently contacted by an Ex Sister in Law.... it means a lot to me to have her in my life and she very much wants me to be a part of her daughters' life... Mom doesn't understand this, doesn't think I should have anything to do with her... so, if I leave to visit the sister, would make things difficult...I love my mom and respect her...she is just not understanding at all...

Hope everyone is having a good evening...BBL

P.S... love the tree and flamingo Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Potatoes are boiling and ham steak (half of one) is ready to bake in toaster oven. I baked sweet potatoes earlier so my week of sweet potato snacks are waiting.

Spent much of 1pm to 3:30 pm sleeping in chair with dog with long dvd of Christmas shows from England running. Had to take care of dog so she is settled for night.

I have a present to open from group of WW knitters who only met now on FB. I wanted to wait until dinner.

Reality will find me soon enough tomorrow (scale, bills, grocery shopping) as I get tomorrow off from work, so today is dvd and chair time with dog.

Dawn, Christmas day itself is such an explosive issue with families, find another day to get together with ex sister in law if you can. Glad you got to spend time with your Grandpa.

Been decent about not too much grazing - after dinner still looms but I have given myself a large cup of hot chocolate to look forward to in my new extra large coffee mug from coworker.

Pink Flamingo Lana - love it.

I just measured my mashed potatoes - I found that a stark contrast to my life before WW.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I am going to stop by on my way back home, tomorrow. Just would like to spend a bit of time with her and girls... another bad thing about living so far away... no real opportunity to visit without upsetting mom...

Sounds like you had a peaceful Christmas. Mine was nice.. back at mom's and in my jammies.. can't beat that...

Early shopping with Gma in morn... unsure about girls lunch we always have.. very unusual.. think Gma was upset about things, today... selfish, inconsiderate people...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Getting more calories burned sweeping leaves trying to keep them out of my place. Gardening comes once a week and there are 3 trees showering leaves/stems daily. I decided I was going to stop them coming in my place and sweep. Gets me more exercise, so there.

My Knitter exchange present is a tea pot with a tea cozy - the body is green and the top is a bouquet of flowers (knitted). It is beautiful and will be broken in tomorrow after I wash the teapot.

I usually go grocery shopping early in the morning, but as tomorrow is a weekday - will go well after 9 and not deal with the rush hour and the early "day after Christmas" craziness.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    French Silk Pie... ohhh my
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn, our Baker's Square went out of business so there are people in my town who don't know what French Silk pie is...... isnt that sad??

Teeth are brushed and night guard is in (teeth grinder here) - so no more snacks tonight.

Wishing all a wonderful evening.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- that is so, so sad... almost wish I didn't know what it was.. fortunately, I don't get it very often... other food choices weren't terrible...

Mom and I have made the decision to invite everyone to lunch, ourselves. Gma will be happy, whoever shows up

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night...
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

MONDAY morning, Dec. 26th

Up early. Still pitch black dark out.

Sara - I applaud your measuring your potatoes. That is a super tool to have in your toolbox.
    Let's keep "measuring" in mind for when we regroup "after the holidays".
    Measuring and weighing are two things a person can easily do to get back into some serious weight loss.

Dawn - Roger that on all of the family stresses. Difficult stuff about your mom and close ex sister in law and grandpa seeing grandson or not....I hope you have a good day today.

For me today is an easy clean the house day while DH packs up more of his tools and work gear.
    Tomorrow I take Amtrak back up to NYC--I spent the extra bucks to get my own roomette because of the chemo--I can sit up or lie down flat as need be.
    DH will be driving his newly acquired vehicle north at the same time; sounds silly, but I know I can't make that trip all at once in a car. I couldn't do it when I was healthy and strong.
    I will get in some knitting on the pattern scarf for sure.
    Sara - the tea cozy sounds cute!

Waving to Missy and Sam and Annie~~

Welcome to anyone new who stops by~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Got up and was going to start my morning as dog wanted out - luckily looked at clock it was 2:30 am!! Took dog out and went back to bed. Dog is now up and fed. I have another hour to go before I have to start my day, so set alarm.

I asked the lady who made my tea cozy where she got the pattern - I liked how the knitted flowers looked better than the many ones I crocheted. So maybe a new project.

Dawn, real estate where Baker's Square was became a Waffle Stop and they tore the building down and put in a Popeye's. Right next to a Burger King and a Taco Bell....go figure.

Lana - wow you were up extra early. Hope you have a good trip back to NYC and smart for spending the money while getting treatments - comfort is key.

Will weigh self later after last piece of sleep and let you know.

Wave to all who follow.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Scale says I gained almost 4 pounds last week. Peanut Brittle.....hmmm.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - Thanks for the post.

It's time to look forward instead of backwards.
    2015 and 2016 were really bad years for me.
    It is possible 2017 will be much much better!

Fingers crossed~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Home for day - reading and knitting on tap -- napping too.

Missy -nice post, glad you have someone to work with, it is hard doing it alone. WW meetings were the best part of that program. So keep us posted and let us know how we can help.

My health will be a priority again in 2017 - will make apt with dr to discuss blood pressure and work with dentist to get a healthier bite.

Just drove by "grease alley" - popeye's/ burger king/ taco bell all in off white shades..... the mall behind it has been empty forever and I finally see construction going on over there -- so who knows??

New years?? More Fruit/ Veg? More Walking? Less stress eating?? We shall see.

I am on a mission to sweep leaves - they are on my nerves. Also have stuff to take to garage bin. At least a little more exercise.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I am looking forward to the New Year and a fresh start.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Made Fried rice for 3 dinners, having leftover ham/mashed potatoes tonight, 2 frozen dinners and eggs/sausage. Trying to set up easy meals to keep the grazing to a minimum.

Have extra calories for hot chocolate tonight.

Left the leaves and garbage bin alone, fell asleep reading. Did get an extra dog walk in.

Extra fluffing and foot massages under Lana's Palm Tree.
  • kamelia74
    kamelia74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm also a serial starter but I want this to be the last time because I want this to be my way of life...eating healthy and staying active.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Welcome Kamelia74 - stop by and post when you can.