Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana - lots of fudge headed your way... make sure the CBoys feed each piece to you...hehe

Annie- hope your back is all better before your trip.. no fun to be hurting or sick while traveling and on the holidays...
    I stole your Grinch Cookie idea... first batch... not so good...2nd is better... they're green... woo hoo...

Welcome KWebb84MFP... you will find lots of support and encouragement in this group...

Well, I better go check the cookies..BBL
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dawn - CBoys and fudge wow now that is a temptation!! - Apple butter and pumpkin butter is a wonderful present to give. I used to make cookies for Christmas, ate too many which is why I was glad to gift my Christmas cookie cookbook last week to coworker with a couple of small children (it was a going to new job present....)

KWebb84MFP - welcome - setting a goal for 6 months that is realistic is a good thing!! Let us know how we can get you there.

Annie - glad you have access to a good Chiro - sending good thoughts.

Was talking to my hairdresser about bartering for skills - one coworker cuts hair/one does family photography - I just have a very cute dog - I promise to post pictures when they arrive.....

Between apts, had spinach salad for lunch.

Stay warm out there and save some fudge for me.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara- I started making the Apple Butter a couple years ago for my Grandpa. I never have any idea what to get him, as he will be 87 in a couple of months, and really wants nothing more than for me to be home for Christmas. It was a huge success and I thought, might as well share the love and make enough for everyone else. This was my first attempt at the Pumpkin Butter..I think it went ok... not sure if there's enough to share.. so may just be a special treat for Grandpa and my Step Dad... I never know what to get him, either... Men, they're so difficult to buy for...hehe..

Well, I started working on Peanut Butter Balls.. first attempt at that as well.. got the filling ready, just got to dip them in chocolate... I'm very proud of myself and have only tried one cookie...gotta stay strong with all these goodies around... gotta watch the BF, too... he likes to sample everything...

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    My Sweet Girl!! I am so proud.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    That's a beautiful picture and such a sweet looking pup... you should be very proud!
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sara - Miss Tillie looks so sweet!
  • 1Morningstar1
    1Morningstar1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi all
    I'm a habitual starter but hav never reached the goal line. I have been using MFP for about 6 mos. But of course not faithful. I understand with all addictions a person has to find there bottom before real and asting change can happen.
    We'll I hit that bottom three weeks ago when I deliberately canceled out of a party where I was bring a cookie sheet pan jam packed full of 7 layer bars so I could stay home and eat bars. The part that I recognized as the bottom was the giddy joy/maddness I had inside of me after I placed the call to lot out of the party. Of course I ate everyone of those bars like a savaged animal.
    I don't want to be that person and have taken MFP serious now. I have gotten two ladies that give day to day support. Which is good but, I need some people to chew the fat with. I believe I'll sit on in.
  • 1Morningstar1
    1Morningstar1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the messed up words. So far I have lost 8.2 lbs and it is what I want.
    ~~Connie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning, back to work - hear a low growl in the background. One hour at a time. Taking cookies for them to eat. I get 1.

Connie - welcome! Your story sounds familiar to me - my moment involved a take out pizza. Stop by and post when you can.

Dog let me sleep in a little for which I am grateful. Oatmeal on stove, will put kettle on for hot water bottle and one more chance to snuggle with my fashion model diva before I go to work.

Wave to all who follow. Will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Welcome to Connie!!!

Good morning Sara - the photo of Miss Tillie is terrific. She is adorable!

My body must have gotten rid of some salts and treatment steroids? Today the scale was 229.0, down from the scary 233.0 of a few days ago.

Ladies, so far I have not gone walking down here (North Carolina). Must find inserts for the New Balance and get out there!

*tossing bag and hat onto favorite chaise*

BBL

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

I need to post stats.

245.6 Highest ever
    229.0 Today
    208.6 Serial Starters lowest weight
    175.0 Goal

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Where is everybody?

So, I just went for my first real walk in many weeks, not counting schlepping around in Manhattan: I was able to walk 1.5 miles (hilly area) in 40 minutes. It was very hard, and I was out of breath any time going up a hill.

We will see how I do tomorrow....

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy ~~
    What type of work do you do that you have such long hours? When I worked up until recently, I worked some stupid-long hours getting a show ready to open. So I know what you are going through. Missing the gym is one thing, but missing time with family during the holidays is a real bummer.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lady who took dog's picture also took pictures of a family our department adopted for Christmas and I made sure to fill out a form for the photographer so that she got credit for her kindness.

Waiting for dinner to cook. Will take dog out and then crash for the rest of the night.

Fudge under Lana's Palm Tree?? My cousin sent me a small box of candy for the holidays, so I will leave some peppermint bark next to the fudge.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - mmmm.......peppermint bark!

Missy - Don't be hard on yourself. It's not good for you. Give yourself lots of positive self-talk! You deserve it. It's important for YOU to have expectations of yourself. Your family is allowed to care about you but not to be negative or "have expectations". I'm not saying it very well, but I want to say that you should take care of yourself and please yourself and do your life at what pace is best for you. In the end, only your opinion matters. Sorry I have fuzz-brain and can't support you with clearer language, but I hope you can find my positive encouragement in this blob of a paragraph. Hugs~~

Lana
  • yoursingingrealtor
    Options
    I am a serial starter and need help. How do I join? Thanks in advance.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Missy - my degrees did not materialize into the career the professors said would happen (they are paid to say that so you will stay in school!!) so you are not the only one. If your job has potential to move up and around, then it is worth thinking long term. I have a job so I can do what I love which is knit/crochet and read history books.

Those shifts would exhaust me, so do them while you are young. One thing make sure to eat the best you can and get the most sleep you can. Can you put some of that OT aside or get yourself a reward?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Love your title Yoursingingrealtor - you join by posting when you can and we often have questions of the day or week (holidays have kind of swept them to the side), so they will be back. Set small realistic goals for yourself and let us know how you are doing.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday

Sorry for the late post. Drama with my oldest son (breakup/depression) caused a bunch of chaos this morning. I felt sick all morning and then stress-ate later. Sweets and bread. Thinking I'm going to fall asleep on the couch pretty soon. The stress just wore me out. Trying not to let the chaos today put a damper on our Christmas and trip to my parents'. Talked with DS and he agrees he needs to see a counselor/therapist when we get back. Meds alone are not cutting it. He's doing a lot of soul-searching about his future...is he at the right college, what does he really want to do? But he has no energy to really think about it and research it. Yet his mind is always working = anxiety and worry. I told him we are here to support him and love him unconditionally. If he wants to leave the 4 year university and pursue a technical 2 year degree, I'm fine with that. But he has to figure out what he wants to do.

Tomorrow is my final day of work until after the new year! Ate a decent supper tonight and worked on laundry. Packed a few things for the younger kids. There will be a lot more packing and cleaning to do before Thursday night.

Focusing on good breakfast and snacks tomorrow morning. Unsure what supper plans will be. Lunch may be a potluck with DH at his work (which is my former work).

Lana - great job with your walking! Keep it up!

Missy - I'm just finishing my A.A. degree and honestly, I'm supposed to be starting on my upper-level courses in the fall but really don't need the Bachelors for my current job. It's hard to balance life and schooling. But I'm only doing it if I want to - and that's what you should do. Not to meet anyone else's expectations.

On a bright note, my back felt a lot better today!

Have a good evening!
    Annie