Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good evening,

Rain walking home. Cold here - ham / potato / broccoli for dinner.

Lana - I made you the smallest tree I could - thinking it would be perfect for your place. It does not require water and can go to SC as well. I hope you didnt think the sheep and duck were infantile, they were 2 of my best buttons....... yes I have made couple of wish boxes for this next year.

Wishing all a good evening and comfort and warmth.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Oops too late,

Dont like wet leaves on the walkway so I just got another 50 calories for sweeping them off the walkway I use in the morning when it is dark and wet.....I swept a lot last year as there was an elderly couple in the next building and I would hate to slip myself, so out there I was in the near dark sweeping.

Asked manager at work if she knew a good Chinese restaurant in the area and I may just get a name before Christmas....... keeping options open

Hot water bottle ready lets see if I can get dog to snuggle.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog had me up early. Will have more time under covers between now and dog walk.

Struggled yesterday afternoon with food and staying awake. In the past I would have jumped to junk food machine and not regretted it. Talked myself out of that, did not have hot cocoa at work and got home, did raking and earned extra cookie - It is sometimes a day to day struggle - some days we win and some we just dont. If we can win more than not..... that is key.

SO.... after all that - what can you do this week to nibble away at your bad eating habits? I will eat more protein based snacks with my fruit. At least I will try.

Oatmeal is waiting and I have rambled on long enough.

Wave to all who follow. :)
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday

Good morning! Yesterday was a struggle. Too many carbs with my upset tummy (bread, crackers). I DID get in a 2 mile walk on the treadmill and even pushed myself to go a little faster. I did 2 miles in 34 min 47 sec. Drank 50 oz of water along with diet coke and I did have a "no-no" chai tea. Ended up having a couple of cookies through the day. Kept my dinner light.

Scale this morning at 153, which is up from last Thursday. :( This is what I would like to consider my "max weight". Egg for breakfast with coffee (I put 1/2 sugar-free creamer and 1/2 "good" creamer in the coffee). Snacks are cucumber slices, light string cheese, and pretzels. Concentrating on getting water in. Lunch out with team today - will try not to overdo. Already planning a light supper. Pizza for lunch tomorrow - again, will eat good snacks in the morning and strive to have one piece of pizza for lunch.

Told DH I am hungry for protein. I'll be sure to get something with chicken for lunch. I told him to plan on cooking good meals this weekend that will yield leftovers for lunches next week. Thinking homemade beef stew, white chicken chili, etc.

Christmas cards almost done. Hoping to mail them tomorrow. DH mailed off package of gifts to my nephews in WA. Will have DH mail stocking stuffers to my mom's house on Friday. That is cutting it closer than I would like. Maybe he can mail it tomorrow.

Time to get some work done. Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Hey Girls~~

In a huge rush. Sorry! I'm doing OK; more chemo tomorrow. DH is making me sick and crazy with money issues. This shall pass eventually.

Courage to the soda drinkers!

.....looking for the real Valium.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Home early electricity at work went out - we either cough up the remainder of our day in Time Off we have on the books or it is non paid - Merry Christmas to you too!! All week we hear about the importance of giving every day over the loudspeaker - guess it doesnt apply in reverse...... So I am home early. Dog is confused wants to know why I am not feeding her.

Took shower in case electricity is off later tonight. Eggs and ham for dinner with any luck.

Spray Valium is in Basket under Palm Tree... has a remarkable side effect - it also makes the world look better.

In case I cant stop by wishing all a good evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    okay if I am going to be over on calories, then it is better to eat one of my small sweet potatoes out of the oven as is....
  • ASalner
    Options
    Small victory today was the scale telling me I could not have a donut from coworker. :) Took home part of my lunch from the restaurant. Nibbled on a few fries for supper and drank water and diet coke. Only ate a couple of treats at choir party. But did have another chai tea as I was freezing!!! So, most assuredly over on calories today but happy I did not eat the donut and limited some other items.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Excellent job both Annie and Missy!!

Dropped dog medicine on floor, never did find it - dont think dog will eat it - hard floor at my age is not fun.... swept and still cant find it - rotten thing.

Taking sweet potato for snack. Will heat up and see if it helps keep the munchies away.

Thinking of Lana - dr apt day?? Right?? I am lucky to know its Thursday.

Trying not to be a scrooge at work, so I just keep my mouth shut, but my generosity has stopped. No boxes of cookies, no cards to hand out. That may change, but that is my day today. I have 2 to hand out to people in other departments. If my Supervisor has a complaint, I am tired of being on a one way street.

Oops too much for this early, sorry. Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Thursday.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Tying shoes while dressed in layers... no fun
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

It will be a long day of meetings. Can't believe my boss decided to call in sick when one of the meetings is a 5 hour doozie where we are supposed to be having conversation about the re-org this summer. And a big part was supposed to be Q&A with the supervisors. Good grief! I honestly think she can't handle any criticism and decided to bow out to avoid it.

Good breakfast and a couple of good snacks packed. Pizza for lunch. Tummy feeling a bit off - but my monthly visitor arrived this morning (a bit early) which explains how I've been feeling this week. Was not happy to see it arrive early until I realized it will be done by the time we travel for Christmas! Yippee!

Scale remained at 153 today. Hoping to see that stay level or go the other way soon.

My car said -10 degrees this morning. Wearing 2 pairs of socks and brought along a quilted vest to work to put over my flannel shirt in case our meeting room is cold. Hoping to run a couple of errands after work tonight as we have snow coming tomorrow afternoon into Saturday morning. They are saying 5-10 inches for our area. It will be messy. DD needs a white elephant gift for a Christmas party at church. We both would like to have ugly Christmas sweaters for the same party. I also need to buy stamps for our Christmas cards. They should be ready to go in the mail tomorrow. Box of stocking stuffers is being mailed to my mom's house today, too!

DS and DH both start finals week today. DS has to write a paper and study today. Big test tomorrow in accounting. Another paper/take-home final to write this weekend. DH has a final in the graduate course he took this semester and then he has to give two finals later today. We are all ready for a break!

Have a good day!

• 25lbsorbust
    25lbsorbust Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thursday! It's been a while since I checked in.

Invested in a Fitness happy planner, and bought the extra budgeting/expense tracker inserts to add to it. It's a book of the two things I want to improve most in my life, and it has made me feel more at ease. Thank god.

Tried to do PIIT28 day 1 last night, but my boyfriend walked in halfway through and I got self-conscious and anxious and couldn't continue. Mind over matter, but eventually I had to give in and just skip straight to the 'get flexy' stretching part of it all. The stretching left me sore today, though. I'm probably the least flexible person in the world.

Going to start working on endurance and muscle conditioning with my dog, so once she reaches a year and a half I can start her in agility training. Under that point they shouldn't be jumping more than 3/4 of their height to protect their joints, and she's less than a foot tall. So you know.. we'll just wait on that I think. Gives me a good excuse to start running, though.

Nine days till the holidays, y'all. We can make it!

Annie- Good luck surviving the cold! I've been living in the south for 6 months and I'm already cringing at the thought of snow or negative temperatures.. good luck to your DH and DS on their finals!

Sara- Sounds like your work deserves a good grinching. I whole-heartedly support your anti-giving movement! :grin:

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Went to local event with raffle. Sat with people I knew - really wanted to go home, but stayed. Won the big prize a 30 inch flat screen tv used in a model home (I am the one who uses a TV to watch dvds). Someone at work posted a note, those who live in gratitude will received miracles. I asked for small ones. Maybe it does work.

Cold, tired and will curl up with dog. Wishing all a good night.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara - congrats to you on your big win! You definitely deserve it...PS...I use TV to watch DVD's as well...hehe

Lana - hope you are doing well.. see you soon as you feel up to it...

High of 24, today... yuck... next two days will make it into the 40's, but incredibly cold at night... also, possible sleet and snow next couple nights... High of 14 on Sunday.... not ready for this at all....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Cant edit my last comment. Oops!!! Went to give a woman at work who has been very helpful a Christmas card but I didnt know where she worked so I asked and shortly thereafter went to find her. She was the woman who one day a couple of months ago had a melt down in the ladies room and I walked over and gave her a hug (a child of someone she knew was dying) - we didnt make the connections until today. She ran back to her desk. She had a present for me, but did know my name. Makes up for the "black holes" at work.

I have been having trouble watching movies on my 12 inch TV so this is an appreciated gift. I will not give away the other TV as I have no idea if the one used in the model is a piece of junk or not.....

10 days until much of this stress is over.

We are having localized flooding tonight into tomorrow. Just not a good weather day for many of us.

Stay warm out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning. Clear skies but near freezing, which will minimize the flea population....

Long week, Christmas stress is spilling out of people and I work with a bunch of grumps, so I keep to myself and talk to people from other departments.

Will get more sleep before work. TGIF. Wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Friday

Probably should have checked the scale this morning but didn't. I feel pretty puffy from too much sodium yesterday. It was not a good day. I did not resist the donut that was offered to me yesterday morning from a local bakery. I had pizza for lunch and again for supper. All thin crust and only two slices at each meal, but still. Lots of carbs and salt. A couple of cookies. No fruits or veggies.

Today I'm planning for better. I've brought my normal snacks (cucumber, light string cheese) and am planning a light lunch of protein and veggie. Supper will be white chicken chili with crusty bread, I think. Or cornbread muffins. Lots of water.

It's a little warmer here this morning = 9 degrees. But we have snow coming this afternoon and I swear I feel colder this morning that I did yesterday. And I'm dressed warmer than yesterday! Thank goodness for the space heater under my desk!

It has been a long week, Sara. I'm so ready to sleep in tomorrow and have a slow, quiet start to the day.

Will lurk from work! Make it a great Friday!

Annie

• arniedog74
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Woke up to freezing drizzle this morn... was not expecting it until tonite... grrr

Sara- I'm sure that card was much appreciated... it can be so hard this time of year... but, little things like that can make it not so bad...

Lurking from work... gotta start walking doggies and try not too fall on my booty...

Waves to all... have a good day
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls

I've been stupid-busy the last few days. So I have not read your posts. Will do so tomorrow on the train.

Love and hugs to all.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    car / dingbat update coworker's son is trying to get car in his name and it is in his mother's name and not mine..... which is what counts.... so Merry Christmas to me!! She wants me to teach her to knit/crochet and I told her I have the energy of zero.... put her off indefinitely.

bbl. safe trip Miss Lana