Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Annie- I understand completely! I am in the same weight range and would love to be 135- 140...I just can't get there and stay there...I always get to be "Santa" at Grandparents house... so, everyone always gets to see the worst side of me... this year, my Cousin tried to convince me that leggings are the way to go... as much as I adore Christmas leggings, No one needs to be forced to see that as I hand out gifts! No leggings for me...

Sara - glad you got a great gift.. rationing brittle would difficult...I so love it

Little stressed over mom's Christmas present...I waited too long to order and not positive it's gonna make it... supposed to be there, tomorrow... it's currently in Kingman, Az...20 hrs away... fingers crossed they can work a miracle...

Everyone have a good night... so thankful tomorrow is Friday...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Potluck at work, tomorrow...I was not asked to participate... nor was I asked to sign Christmas card for boss... this is the caddyness I deal with... they planned the lunch, when the girl no one likes (I am her only friend) will be there...I can only assume, because we are friends, they didn't feel the need to include me. I am seriously contemplating leaving for lunch... even if I have to walk across the street to the pricey cafe...I don't like to be this way... they bring out the worst in me..

Wow, Dawn, this is appalling! I don't even know what to say--dealing with extremely difficult people is a challenge. They are here to be our teachers (on how not to be, and how to practice patience, etc.)
    Maybe you an the girl who is not liked can have lunch together?
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - thank you for photo of doggie dreaming of sugar plums~~

Sara - DH is moving to Vegas to work there, he says, because he hates living in our tiny apartment in New York, and doesn't want to work there anymore. Nevermind that that is where all his connections are and where he would make the most money the fastest. That's what a responsible normal man would do. But he is childish and bi-polar, so the great dreams and his needs come first to him, and arguing of the rational and the critical either fall on deaf ears or get him all riled up. Plus there's the possible factor that his little Brazilian cupcake, who is now back in Brazil, may pop up in Vegas to be with him and to find more work to support her extended family. We will see.

Must go on road trip to Wilmington NC today; the round trip will take the daylight part of the day. Ugh. Another part of the grand scheme......

BB tonight
    Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Good Morning,

TGIF - Fruit/ Veg box on door, luckily I customized my order - parsnips/carrots/beets/ sweet potatoes - roasting with any luck this afternoon!!

Wow just read last couple of posts. Dawn, I like Lana's idea for lunch take the other woman with you... or get her a nice cup of coffee or bring her back a little something from the cafe - nothing like doing something nice for someone else - especially if mgmt is not in this group of "dingbats"..... doing something nice in the face of toxicity is the best way to get them back - what can they say?? You were too nice??

Lana - get good legal help with the dissolving of your marriage, so that he can take what he needs and go away and you have no reason to deal with him in the future. Too many people think divorce means friendship - not usually, sadly.

Sending good thoughts. My world, short day keep head down and while I may not put a plastic smile on my face humming the 3 lines I remember of my Christmas carol of choice does seem to keep the toxic quality at arms length - especially when they are repeated 20 times.

Will lurk from work - who knows.... post as well??
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Sara/ Lana - the lady is leaving town today to go home for Christmas...we discussed this and will plan a day for just us to do a nice lunch. It is a very good lesson in things not to do... these women are 50+ but are acting like we're in HS...I don't understand... it is very difficult, when there are 6 employees including the boss, and they are each this way.

I better scoot for work... freezing rain, so need to get an early start... Will post more, later...

Have a great day... hugs
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tracked lunch and wowie that pecan pie tanked my numbers..... tracked and moving on.

Roasting vegetables as we speak. Raining out and windy what a mess.

In for the day except dog walks. Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog let me sleep in a little. Back under the covers for awhile. A couple of errands to run and then I can stay home for rest of weekend.

Wishing all a good day and Merry Christmas.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi there Sara~~

Just popping in to say hello. There will be some festive, liberal eating today and tomorrow, then back on track on Monday.

Sara, your roasted vegetables sounded goooooood! Enjoy your weekend with Tillie. Merry Christmas~~

Waves to all who stop by or lurk~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Could not find pre made pizza dough (different store) but bought crescent rolls and will use 2 and make a pocket.

Pictures of dog and me to send to Aunt and frame were done well and for not a lot of money at Walgreens...

Have a ham steak to make ham/potatoes -or- sweet potatoes/broccoli.

Will camp out with dog after calling dad he is in Hawaii and 2 hours behind and so I will start a baby hat and drink ginger peach tea.

Most of my food has been tracked.... Will see what happens.

Miss Tillie is waiting in the window to sunbathe. Lucky girl.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Aw, Missy your bichon is all nice and dressed up for Christmas!

Merry, Merry!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Time to tuck in for the evening with Miss T after her last outing. I always think on Christmas eve how many children go to sleep waiting for Santa to show up. So on Christmas eve, as I fall asleep I wish good thoughts for the children and remember the magic of Christmas.

Missy - your little girl looks wonderful!! None of that stuff would last longer than 5 minutes on mine. Picture of Tillie with pink flower is an elastic item and I was amazed it stayed on as long as it did.

Lana - spiked eggnog and peppermint schnapps under your Palm Tree.

Sending everyone good thoughts for a wonderful evening and Christmas day, in case you dont stop by tomorrow.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I can't figure out how to post a pic on here...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I came in from working outside, yesterday and was told there was a package for me. It was a lovely Santa sack with a card sticking out of the top, addressed to BF and myself, No signature..I asked who brought it in, co worker said she wasn't allowed to tell. The bag was small, but very heavy. Curiosity got the best of me, so of course, I had to look inside. I was incredibly surprised at the contents. Inside was a jar full of change and a book "Christmas Jars" with a handwritten note "I hope you enjoy the book and the money and pass it on someday" I had never heard of this and just didn't understand who thought we needed this. I understand now, that is the point of this, not knowing... people give it to strangers, people leave it secretly in homes of those that need a little help.. they don't want thanks, they don't want recognition... they do it purely as a "good deed" After a bit of deduction, I did figure out who left this much needed gift... but, have decided not to thank her...I think that honestly takes away from the meaning. I have also decided, that I am putting the money away... no idea how much... and, I will begin saving for someone to help, next year...I already have that person (family) figured out...
    This was so unexpected, but I am so grateful and appreciative. It made this week seem not so bad after all.
    Merry, Merry Christmas to everyone.. hugs and love to all
  • LanaCabana537
    edited December 2016
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy Sunday~~

If any Serial Starters get challenged by food today, come and rest on a chaise poolside and have the Cabana Boys give you a foot massage!

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn,
    I think that I have dragged and dropped from Photo application to mac desktop to reply box. I don't know if copying and pasting works. Sara and Missy hopefully will help.
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn,

The Christmas Jars story is so sweet and inspiring. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good Morning,

Merry Christmas!

Dog up and fed, will go back to sleep. In for day - walking dog as well.

Dawn, - someone at work likes you enough to know you will carry that tradition forwards!! Yay! ---sounds similar to a FB post where the mother in the family waits until the children are old enough to suspect that Santa may/may not exist and tells the children that their job is to become Santa - do nice things for people and not tell (they may need help or permission but they dont get "credit" for it). It is listed under "Tickld" on FB. In the end the message is the same. Be an active part of Christmas.

Pictures - I have to send them to desktop/thumbdrive and then add then to my profile settings, where your picture of your dogs are.

Have most of my food planned out - goodies in house so my scale moment tomorrow should not surprise me. Like Lana posted - you start to get into the "buffet mode" - take a walk, use the stairs, find a glass of water/tea/coffee, take a nap - come by and get a CBoy foot massage. I heard yesterday at the place I get breakfast - "It's Christmas!!" which is true so long as it is not a 2 week thing.

Got to give my last gift card to one of the people where I eat who I have known a long time. He is one of 12 so when I asked how big of a gathering there would be he said 30. We will have very different days today.

BBL - hoping everyone has a wonderful holiday.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Dawn I dont use my phone for posting - so you have 2 options - thank you Missy
  • arniedog74
    Options

Dawn,
    I think that I have dragged and dropped from Photo application to mac desktop to reply box. I don't know if copying and pasting works. Sara and Missy hopefully will help.
    Lana

Thanks Lana...I only use my phone, so I'm not sure if I actually can...
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Dawn,

The Christmas Jars story is so sweet and inspiring. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Lana

Lana- Thank you. It really made me realize, there are still good people. They're just not as present as I would like in my life. That makes me appreciate them even more.
    Merry Christmas Lana. Hope you have a great day. Hugs