Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Annie - look into adding another fruit/veg and dairy (low fat milk/greek yogurt?) in your day. Can you add a hard boiled egg or raw nuts for snack??

Welcome blackcoffeeandcherrypie -- stop by and post when you can.

Dawn - sorry you are not feeling well - find comfort in warmth - herbal tea or water in large amounts. Humidifier has helped me.

Back to work again - another 4 day week (where they expect 5 days of production....). One hour at a time.

Lana - post when you can.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Its my Monday - back to work. Drove to drop off box at Goodwill yesterday and the only busy place was the drive thru at Starbucks. Just really sad - people cant get out of car and stand.....

Dawn - hope you feel better. Annie - have DH and you formed some plans for eating in 2017? Lana - hope you are doing well and are watching good DVD's.

Just put on freshly washed work pants after holiday weeks - it was not the friendliest of moments....

Lurking from work - wave to all who follow.s
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Quick good morning! I have a laundry date with my friend James. It is rainy and ugly here.

Annie - get more protein and dairy. You'll need it. Plus more veggies.

Sara - I hate (love) my pants. They tell me what's really going on. Boo hoo.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn, when you feel like dreck and have no energy, just try to buy and eat mostly healthy things and not swerve towards junkie foods that are no good for you.

Once you feel better, you will get your act together.

Don't look back. No negative self talk. Think positive and look forward.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning

Amazingly good morning for the first day back to school and work! What a nice way to start the week!

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies. I had forgotten that I intended to add in 1 cup of 1% milk each day. When I was doing WW I always skipped it because it took too many points away from eating more filling foods. (Milk also makes a nice change for something to drink rather than water.) I will work on getting in the protein but I'm just not a big meat or cheese eater, so difficult for me to get protein. I might try adding a second egg at breakfast or lunch. Or adding cheese to the eggs.

Sara and Lana - my pants are also speaking to me right now, and NOT in a good way.

I am doing just what you are suggesting, Lana. Thinking positive and moving forward. I will clean up my act. I will track. I will exercise. I will lose weight. I will be a healthier version of myself.

Good plan in place for the day. Brought along a couple of peppermint tea bags in the event my taste buds want something other than plain water.

I'd better see what I missed while I was out of the office! Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - Get a pint of ricotta cheese. It can do so many things.

Put it on toast for a protein bang any meal of the day.

You can shake cinnamon sugar or a savory spice blend on it. It goes either way--sweet or savory.

Part skim is healthier than the regular, and it still tastes very yummy.

Blend it in with pasta sauce on cooked vegetables, and skip the pasta, and you have a great healthy lunch.

Lana
  • crhinshaw29
    crhinshaw29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Back to reality today. I have had a horrific holiday season food-wise and now have to undo all the damage. Checking in on this site seems to help motivate me. Starting today I am tracking all food and eating better (again, which is why the Serial Starter thread caught my eye). I usually do pretty well at exercising, it's the eating that I struggle with. I'm not ready to weigh myself but will do so this week. Good luck to all!
  • losingweight_inthesouth
    Options
    Got back on the wagon for the millionth time. I started Monday December 26th. I lost 3.2 lbs last week. Tomorrow i weigh in and im excited and nervous! I worked out 6 days last week and stayed around my food intake. I logged everything, good and bad! I want to lose around 55 more lbs!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cold winter storm raining down the leaves in front of my place..... may get more calories burned later.

Stay warm and safe out there. Under blanket with Miss Tillie under Lana's Palm Tree watching the Cboys plan their next party.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Good day, although I broke down and ate a serving of reduced fat Wheat Thins which pushed my carbs up higher than I would have liked, but they are still under 80g so it's okay. Calories are good, if a little low.

It is really cold here. Current temp is is 2 degrees. Our low tonight is supposed to be -6. Ugh!

Time to get on the treadmill to warm up!
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies... today was just draining on me...I feel I could fall asleep right now... but, I would be up at an Ungodly hour and be exhausted before noon...

Cold weather here as well... possible snow tomorrow night.... not supposed to accumulate..

Lana- I always forget about Ricotta cheese for a snack... love Ricotta

Not making great food choices... but, I truly have no energy to cook, nor to argue frozen pizza for dinner...I did not eat as much as I was afraid I might... mostly because I got tired of chewing and not being able to breathe...

Well, snuggling up with pups and trying to stay warm... May BBL if I don't crash... have a good evening....

- Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Leaves cover my doorstep. Strongest storm to hit CA in a long time. Made the NYtimes online for the storm we will have this weekend.....we hope to get a lot of snow and rain (without too much flooding..... :s ). My allergies will thank me, blow the stuff out of the valley.

Knitting is keeping me busy after work and fingers do not stray as much....

Cold weather system here as well - which means it travels east - sorry - as I listen to your temps. BRRR.

Oatmeal is almost done and I need to scoot.

Wave to all who follow - Stay warm and dry - will lurk from work.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    arniedog74 wrote: »

Not making great food choices... but, I truly have no energy to cook, nor to argue frozen pizza for dinner.

- Dawn

Dawn - I hope you feel better soon.
    Please buy some Amy's and Progresso (no rice or pasta) soups to have on hand. This can divert pizzas. So can ricotta in pasta sauce on some frozen veggies.

I bet your SO likes to have frozen pizzas in the freezer. My DH was always buying them. Gah. The defense for that is to always have in fridge or freezer some previously cooked lean ground beef and some grated cheese so that you can "protein up" less slices of the frozen pizza.

Hugs,

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome to the new folks who stopped by. Come and post any time.
    Waves to Sara and Annie and Sam and Missy and welcome to anybody new and/or lurking.

QOTD: 1) What is for dinner today? 2) What exercise can you get today?

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sara - I'll have to look for that storm. Will my sister in Redwood City get it too? Edit: I just looked at national weather map---big green/white blob over Sara's and Donna's house and half the state.

Today is the Wednesday MSK "In the Loop" needlework drop-in session. I need to go just for the interaction with other humans. I honestly don't enjoy knitting much yet, but these social opportunities are priceless.

Scruffies to Tillie~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

AOTD:
    1) Steel cut oatmeal (already made) done up in somewhat savory fashion for dinner.
    2) Shuffling along on the streets of NYC.

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday morning

I do love short weeks. And I do love having my DH at home at night to help manage supper, kids and their homework, etc. I'll be sad when he goes back to work next week. He'll be gone until 7:30 p.m. M-W which leaves me on my own with them. I tell myself it's worth it when he has the summers off with them.

AOTD:
    1) Supper will be homemade chicken soup. DS simmered a couple of chicken carcasses overnight in the crock pot. Today he will strain it, add veggies and chicken, and I know he'll add noodles, too. I will try to avoid the noodles when I eat it.
    2) Not sure about exercise today. Low back and leg are very irritated. I've been nursing this since Dec 19th and at one point, thought I'd got it in check. Now I'm thinking I may visit the chiropractor today. I think today will be a rest day, although I'll be doing some stretches!

Real temp is -10 degrees this morning. Glad for remote start in my car!

Forgot my coffee on the counter at home and not enough change to get a diet pop out of the machine. I tried a cup of the coffee in our break room but couldn't do it. Yuck! Will have to make due with water and peppermint tea. But it's just not the same. Bracing myself to be hungry and headachy soon.

Wave to all who follow!

Annie

• ckf76
    ckf76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am new to your board, Lana thanks for the great tips. I really appreciate the ricotta one and am going to try it. I went to a nutritionist and she told me that when you open your fridge what you see is going to be what you eat. That has really stuck with me. I am a salt a holic so I always keep hard boiled eggs on hand. I only eat the whites, (not a big fan of the yolks) and use salt. It is almost as satisfying as a handful of chips! ha ha
  • ASalner
    Options
    Oh dear, DH brought me a Caribou Chai Tea knowing that I had left my coffee at home. There goes my low-carb day. All that sugar! He loves me - but he can be my worst enemy when it comes to diet. But I tracked it and will do my best to stay within my calories for the day.

Also, seeing the chiropractor at 2:30.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Lana- Thank you for tips...I did stop to get soup... but, I got Clam Chowder and that Lipton Chicken Noodle that comes in packet.. wanted something quick and easy for lunch... didn't eat today and lost all energy about 2:30... really wasn't sure I was gonna make it thru the day...

Crazy cold weather hit and now, calling for 2- 3" of snow, tonight... boy, I sure wish I could stay in bed, tomorrow...

Even though I'm barely moving, I still walked doggies, today... and, had to make a few extra trips up the hill... Crazy, crazy day...

Snuggled up in bed.. watching movies... so, so tired... blah