Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Sara- I need an entire case of spray, please... rain supposed to start tomorrow night... freezing rain Friday morn... up to .50" of ice... oh boy..

Cheerios - that sounds like a great plan! I have a lot of trouble with Carbs, myself... haven't quite been able to figure out the trick to fix that...

Today wasn't a bad day... and, then, BOOM! Co worker had to be sneaky, cause issues between boss and myself and got in a huge fight with the boss.. not fired.. he did tell me, to get on board or find another job... wonderful way to end the day...
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,849 Member
    Options

Hello All~
    It's almost bedtime! Long day; Thursday and Friday will be busy too. Getting ready to go to NC on Saturday.

Sara - glad the rain is going to give you a break for a couple of days. Get Miss Tillie out there! LOL~

Waves to Cheerios and Missy and Dawn and Annie and Sam~~

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Dawn - sending you good vibes to weather whatever is the storm at work! We don't need this stress!

Lana
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Lana- Thank you...I truly wish I could walk away... just love those furry babies too dang much..
  • arniedog74
    Options
    I have a question... for dinner, we had steak, baked potato and green bean casserole...I was still hungry when I stopped eating... mainly cuz I didn't eat enough thru the day... I almost never eat my whole steak...I eat more of the sides... my question is: should I eat all the steak? If it's huge, I never could... my friend said, she pretty much only eats whatever meat they're having for dinner, says that's the best way...protein, protein, protein... just trying to figure out a good way for myself...
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Wednesday night

Pretty good day except for co-worker's candy dish really got me again. Have to string together a couple more better days before I dare stand on the scale. My selfies tell me my face has gotten a bit round and pants are snug, so I would expect the scale to be unpleasant.

COLD weather coming in. Not looking forward to it. Chiro appt tomorrow. I feel like my back is slowly getting better....until I get home and try to do any housework. Then it all starts hurting until I sit down. Looks like PT will start next week.

Planning for a good day tomorrow - then supper will be indulgent for DH's b-day. We are going out for Mexican. Will try to limit myself.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning. Chicken Teriyaki today.

Dawn - is there a Vet you can work for? My Vet (Banfield) has people who walk dogs as part of their job. Sending good job thoughts. Too much steak upsets my stomach anymore. What kind of snacks do you eat in the day?

Annie - glad you have found a Chiro that works - PT is not a bad thing - your back is more important than housework.

Lana - NC, will you be there with/without DH? Wishing you long naps.

Dog had me up early, so will see about cuddling up with dog before her walk.

Took this year's privacy policy workshop at work. We are not allowed to be in chat rooms on computer at work. Had to look up what that meant.

Got to aim myself towards getting to work. Wishing all a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Ladies
    Running through - underestimated my wakeup time today.
    Appointments starting at 11AM. Chemo at 3; home at 7:30PM

Dawn - Clean protein plus healthy fats are the thing. Example: Cooked chicken breast on leafy green + veggies salad with an olive oil + balsamic vinegar dressing. Drink a cup of water before eating. Eat slowly.
    The protein will fill you up; the little bit of healthy fat aids in feeling satisfied.
    Just an example; more later.

Annie - Happy B'day to DH tomorrow. Mexican: get fajitas? Here in NYC they are just the meat with tons of good vegetables. They serve rice and beans with cheese on the side. Maybe you and DH could split one serving of the side starch?

Sara - DH has already left on his next life adventure: he is out in Illinois for a few weeks visiting with his parents, then off to Las Vegas for him, intending it to be a permanent move. He has all of his key stuff with him in his new huge Chevy Suburban.
    We talk on the phone every other day, are getting along very well, and he has been a big help the past few days getting some of my disability stuff ironed out. He can get people to do things I cannot. I am too meek and lately too fuzzy because of the treatments to effectively deal with people who are not doing their jobs right. Long story.

You all have a good day. Sara, stay out of trouble at work. :P We will see you later on~~

Hugs to all,
    Lana, running!!!! I can't figure time any more...... :(
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana!! Sending good thoughts today - gift basket and cboy will be waiting for you. send a list of things that comfort you after your chemo to the cboys.

QOTD: I meant to post before work- How have you noticed your health changing since losing weight??

AOTD: I sleep a lot better. Have a dr apt to make for bp and that is okay runs in the family..... but getting to sleep was not easy with the extra poundage

Annie - Fajitas (steak or chicken) are usually a 2 person dinner at places here. Easy on the chips and enjoy the rest!!

Lurking from work. bbl.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Oh
    Annie I forgot about the fajitas being served with the tortillas. I order mine without them.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Heavy rain most of day surprised a lot of us...... Boo on the weatherman.

Lana - I am considering making a list - "Things I want to do this year". Something to ponder.

Cold here, will make breakfast for dinner and cuddle up with dog.

Annie - I forgot tortillas, but the servings are usually so large, you could not eat them and still be full.

Wishing all a great evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Sara
    I like the idea of that list.
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Annie- candy dishes are hard to pass... just log and go on... it's ok... glad yer doing a bit better... who needs to do housework, anyway...

Depends who you listen to about our weather... radio says about 3:00 am for ice... phone says 7:00 am... Will be scary, if it gets bad like they say.... half to 3/4" of ice... oh boy...

Sara- the problem is, I am so attached to the dogs we have...I hate thinking of leaving them...

I don't always snack during day...Protein bars often...

Lana- thanks for tip...I always eat slow... don't do the water... Will have to try.... hope yer day went well... glad DH has been helpful...I couldn't do all that, myself...

Mmmm...fajitas... yes please!

Stopped at store to pick up few essentials... not one loaf of bread... no chicken...I resulted to tortillas, if I need anything... this is serious stuff... crazy! 10 yrs ago to the day, we had a huge ice storm..lost power for 5 days... fingers crossed not this time!

Check in later! Have a good evening!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Dawn - those dogs will miss you, but you may not have a choice. Sending good thoughts for your next job / that things work out. Read labels for protein bars, many have a lot of hidden salt..... I hope your power does not go out for that long this time- do you have a generator??

While waiting for Microsoft to update and virus scan to run, I got a lot of knitting done (almost done with hot water bottle sweater), so I will go hang out with dog in hammock under Lana's Palm Tree. Hot cocoa with those cute little marshmallows and peppermint schnapps for those who like a little kick in their cocoa.

Stay warm and safe out there.
  • arniedog74
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Sara- it's just so hard... with our Manager truly not having compassion, he would not hire someone who will care for them as we do...I wish I could take them all somewhere else...
    I do check for sugar in Protein Bars...a lot of time, it's higher than the protein...
    We do not have a generator or another way to heat.. lots and lots of blankets and snuggling with pups and SO....
    Hopefully, it doesn't come to that...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning.

Woke up early am, finished I dream where I was singing "Funkytown" - how that song became a hit I cannot tell you- 1970's semi-disco hit. I was singing " I love the night life" another 1970's clunker at work yesterday. So that would explain part of that dream. Youtube will help explain.....

Will find out how much the potato soup will set me back in sodium grams today.

Dawn - is there any government agency you could call and report your boss? Just a thought.

TGIF all over the place - party under Lana's Palm Tree is starting early. Have a seat next to her in the lounge chair and amuse her. She probably is not feeling too swift but would like a little distraction.

Will lurk from work - wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

I did not sleep a single wink last night, because of the kick-*kitten* steroids given with the chemo. So I just laid there counting sheep, trying to meditate and mind drifting to all of the little things I need to get done before I go to sleep tonight. Amtrak to NC is tomorrow morning at 11; if on time should get home in the house 11 hours later. Or later if we are delayed.

TGIF - big 5PM Happy Hour poolside and on the beach.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 2017
    Options
  • arniedog74
    Options
    Good morning! Unwanted day off...I say that, because I hate missing work and can't afford it... it is doing absolutely nothing here... but, according to boss, it is at work 10 miles away... blah... we are just above the safe line... we are still right in line for lots of ice....

Sara - sounds like a super funky dream..I often have strange dreams that I can not figure out why certain things are in my dreams... but, sounds like you were having a good time...I keep wracking my brain, trying to figure out what to do, where it won't come back on me... we have all gone to our Board... they honestly don't care...

Lana - good vibes coming your way.. be safe on your journey...hope you are able to rest tonight...

Well, I am going to make a conscious effort to not eat a bunch of junk, just cuz I'm home and it's there... already messed up my water... just can't help it... coffee and soda just taste much better...

I'm off for a bit... still no weather... not gonna be happy, if I missed work for nothing... boss text and said it stopped, there...hmmmm

Have a good day, everyone!
    BBL

• LanaCabana537
    Options

I am not the brightest bulb in the box. When I go to NC, I do not have a scale there anymore; DH took it with him to Las Vegas with my blessing for his continued weight loss success.

BUT! It JUST occurred to me to take a couple measurements, which I did, and I threw the tape measure into the suitcase. *slap forehead*

Dawn - sorry about your work situation. As for the soda, can you make a change and get it out of the house? Never have it in the house; if you must, while transitioning off of it, have it out in a restaurant for a treat? Then get the heck away from it altogether?

Dawn - I'm begging' ya. High fructose corn syrup is the devil: it is a truly addictive substance and worse I hear than regular sugar or natural fructose in fruits and other foods. It's more than just 150 calories per can. It does stuff to your brain/thinking. Little voices tell you that you want it..... Said with special love sent out to Missouri. Hugs!

Lana