Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,854 Member
    Options

V-8 Low Sodium vegetable juice is good to have around--makes a good snack/emergency breakfast once a week or so.

Lana
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning

Back to work. :( Would have liked another day at home. My two younger kids are home as they don't have school today. I will run home at lunch to check on them and make them sandwiches. DH built a loft bed for DD over the long weekend, which is wonderful - except the house smells like wood stain since he had to do the staining in the basement (too cold outside). I've been trying to air the house out but it's too cold to really open it all up for long. So, kind of glad to be out of the stain smell for awhile.

My report: I tracked everything yesterday and pretty much stuck to my plan. I did eat a few saltine crackers last evening as my stomach wasn't feeling great. Chiropractic appt went well. First PT appt is scheduled for this Thursday morning.

Today's plan is a mirror image of yesterday's plan.

AOTD: No exercise yet due to back problems. Will do the stretches prescribed by my chiropractor.

Lana - good job tracking everything!

Sara - Always thankful for good sleep. Happy for you!

~Annie~
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Annie - can you close off the basement more so the stain smell stays down there? Yikes!
    Glad to hear Chiro went well and that you will soon be getting physical therapy.

AOTD: Not likely. No energy yet. Tomorrow hopefully will be better.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

AOTD; I am getting extra exercise as the waste bin that I used to use with the dog is gone and therefore I have to walk another couple of minutes.... rack up the calories burned.

Oatmeal with PB2 for dinner, lining up Hot Chocolate for after dinner........

Will try and fly by before lights out.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara ~~

Earlier today I had a leftover serving of steel cut oatmeal that I had made while down here the last time--I couldn't bear to throw it away back then, so I tossed it into the freezer. Do you know that today it tasted as good as freshly made? I was surprised. Now it has me thinking that I should make my usual 4 servings and freeze two every time.

Sleep well my dear~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - make 6 freeze 4? I would if I had a microwave..... I make my sweet potatoes and microwave them at work....why couldnt you take yours to work when you start again??

Find me under Lana's Palm Tree with Miss T pestering the cboys.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Went through an old box of cards 13 years old to be exact and luckily I went through them, found pictures and some family things to keep, remembered good people I once knew. I will see today if lady at work wants my yoga mat and/or yoga mat bag. Each day a little something, but very powerful to take control over your living space.

I ate crow and sent back apologetic emails to the bank who were nice enough to respond. I did not want to burn my bridges. I figured they probably heard enough crap in their line of work.

QOTD: What nice thing will you do for yourself?

AOTD: I will make sure to set myself up with hot water bottle and lavender aroma therapy at the end of the day. I dont always do them together.

Dental visit tomorrow morning, so getting my dental health back in order, next hurdle is pcp and bp. One thing at a time.

Chatty me. Oatmeal almost ready. Dog is enjoying her world.Wave to all who follow. Enjoy your hump day.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday morning

Yesterday went well. I did have a couple of co-worker's candies - but I did track them. Also broke down and had a cup of hot chocolate after doing my homework. That put me in the red. :(

Woke up with a headache today. Yuck! Thought about staying home, but decided to get up and come to work. We had four people from our team out sick yesterday - 2 were sick themselves and 2 were out with sick kids. Today another co-worker is out with a sick child. My back feels a bit wonky so may need to stretch soon. It will be a busy day with work, DD's orthodontist appt, DD's tae kwon do lesson, and then church choir. Sandwiches are packed for supper as we will be on the run. I left the house at 7:10 a.m. and won't get home until 8:45 p.m. Going to try to sneak in a little homework during work today since it's so quiet right now.

Sara, I was just thinking I should start monitoring my BP on a regular basis. It has crept up over time and then I always worry as I get closer to my dental and doctor appts in March/April. If I track it and keep a record, I won't have to go into those appts so blind and worried.

Lana, there is no way to really close off the basement. Of course, the stain smell is upstairs, too, as DD's bed is in her room. I can't get the smell out of my nose! I burned candles last night in several rooms just to try to cover the smell for awhile. It is slowly getting better, but not quickly enough for me!

AOTD: Really not sure. No time today to do anything nice for myself!

Have a good day, everyone!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Oh Annie, that varnish has to cure/dry for the smell to be gone. What a headache indeed. That stuff is not good for you!
    You can get an Omron home BP monitor. I've had one for years, and it's great.

Sara - "Crap abatement", as my sister calls it, is good. I applaud you for doing it!

AOTD: Sit in the sun in the window. Sun is so rare in the forecast. Doing it now!

Must plan/track for today. I really went off the rails yesterday and created an unplanned late afternoon binge party for myself. I could NOT tell you why I did it. Rebellion is the only answer I can come up with.

The Cabana Boys have a Wednesday 5PM special encouragement break planned for us. Where is my Coppertone sunscreen? I want a perfume that smells like that! That would be my ideal aromatherapy~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Lana - there may be candles that have that smell.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Hmmm...I was doing so well and then just inhaled a pack of Belvita breakfast biscuits. Will track and adjust the rest of my day. Looks like I'll be okay on calories, but over on where I'd like to be on carbs.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    well yep here I am. I was doing well last year. We adopted a dog from the shelter just before Christmas so I stopped going to the gym for a bit so we could focus on her . Now my thighs are back to being jiggly and bum is all wobbly again.... sigh. I've undone my work. and I am early 40's so it's not easy for me.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Very windy out there. Having oatmeal with ricotta for dinner. Had a large lunch.

Dentist tomorrow morning. Just need to get things started and do it, short term loss long term gain.

Welcome IzzyBonNZ1 nice picture - is that Issy? Stop by and post when you can. Playing fetch burns calories too!

Not sure about stopping by later, so wishing all a good night
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning!

Dog let me sleep in a little. She is now taken care of. Tea kettle on for hot water bottle. Will take dog out at her regular time for walk. Have dental apt this mid morning and decided to not make myself any more crazy and go in afterwards.....Not one of my better weeks. I may try and get a little more sleep in.

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow. Wishing you a good Thursday.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Everyone~~

Checking in. Time to plan out my meals for the day. If I don't plan, the odds go way down of my doing the day well.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Went to Amazon.com to see if a granola Safeway carries is there. They are discounting it in a way that makes me think they are getting rid of it, luckily Amazon will supply it - at almost $8 a bag. Some of the best stuff on the market, so maybe as a treat......same price as ordering it from Ladera directly and I only need to buy $25.00 for free shipping - and Ladera has all its flavors available. Nice to let my fingers do the walking.

Lana!! I hear you. My unplanned days become munch-fests.

Oatmeal on, sweet potato out on counter to warm up a little for later.
  • LeileiNadine
    LeileiNadine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, found this thread and can relate so much! I lost 28lbs on mfp a little over a year ago, was almost at goal but have managed to put almost all of it back on :neutral: It was summer when I started to lose it and I don't know why but my motivation and willpower were so much better than they are now. I am stuck in a rut of starting really well logging but more often then not messing it all up by the end of the day by going over my calories and convincing myself I'm hungry when I've eaten plenty already. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated as I really want to lose this and I want it to be a lifelong commitment so I don't end up back at the beginning yet again! Thanks :smile:
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

Let's just say yesterday was a rollercoaster of emotion that has spilled over into today. I'll write about it another time. My eating has not been good as a result of the emotion and drama. :( I did show restraint by only eating 1/2 of my meal at a restaurant last night. And I went out at lunch again today and didn't clean my plate. That's got to count for something!

The good news is that I had my first PT appt today and am hopeful this will really help my back and my leg! Planning to start doing some slow walking on the treadmill. A slow mile is better than no mile.

Annie

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

LeileiNadine - welcome and post when you can!

Annie - You are making good choices - eating half of a meal, not cleaning your plate, give yourself credit.

Amy's lasagna for dinner, rain is off and on and ground is all messed up. Will take dog out after dinner and then dvd watching.

Find me with Lana under the Palm Tree.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning, TGIF!! - lets get that out first.

I get up early and I try to be quiet, some idiot is out in the rain on the phone having a very loud conversation. Wow how rude. My dog was barking and that was too shrill on my ears, so I turned on the patio light and let dog out and person got the hint and went away which was the added bonus as I just couldnt hear the dog bark anymore and dog had reason to.

Fruit/ veg box this morning with root veg and broccoli, so I will make vegetable calzone and maybe soup (broccoli in calzone). I have not been good about setting up meals, so need to get back on the stick.

Will lurk from work. Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!