Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

GG oil waiting in bottom of oatmeal bowl, figured I wont taste it that way.....

Dental cleaning today - hoping for the frosting flavored cleaning product (stuff that they polish with) and I dont know if fluoride is today or not....

Salads all week for lunch - boring is better than free for all at the vending machine.

Wave to all who follow. Make it your best Thursday.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,842 Member
    Options

Good morning everyone~~

The gloom has returned to NC, and it's not just the weather. Yesterday was a really down evening and night, feeling the emotional effects of not having DH any more. Couldn't sleep until maybe 3AM.

I thought all of our troubles started spring of 2016 with the big issue with the show we were working on.

Then I found pages from texts we had the spring of 2015!
    This is a few months after my mother had died and I, DH, and my sister were under extreme stress dealing with Dad and the cleaning out of the house and moving him from assisted living into nursing home, DH doing most of that work.

I forgot about the Mess of 2015. DH texting me how vile my sister was and how I'd been changed by the whole thing. Everything slowly came apart after my mother died. DH is not big on being mature and working towards forgiving people.

I'll have to remember to tell my therapist about all of this. I wonder how long it will be until I get to be settled with the idea of being single and not feeling widowed or abandoned.

The 8-day chocolate bar is gone after 3 days. So much for that idea.
    On the plus side of things - this morning I am trying something new and using the shop-online and delivery service provided by one of the local big grocery stores. It's expensive - almost $20 - so I ordered all the heavy and bulky things. I would probably do one of these per month if I got to live here permanently.

Sara - I hope kindness week works out. I am curious about the two cube neighbors. What is their story? One of the ladies is the one who's been out for a year for breast cancer?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Still at home.

Lana - cube neighbors - one with breast issues is not the one who had breast cancer. She has cysts history and could not get them to do a biopsy because there was no auth (booh on the dr for not getting one) so she has to go back and do it again!! Yipee! Other cube neighbor is a dysfunctional mess and at the moment is being loud about it.

Our lady with breast cancer has been out of the loop so long that she is relearning parts of her work and help train the lady who is to assist her.

I remember 2015 - you had quite a year with your parents and your sister.

I have a store that delivers as well and have considered it in event injure back etc. - good for you for getting the bulk heavy items, helps pay off the cost. Tell me how you like it.

Almost dog walking time, must scoot. BBL.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Nice dental cleaning - won back some of my gums to a lower # - take good news where I can. This lady is so gentle I am surprised.

Dog is done with her evening snacks - my vegetable calzone (white potato, broccoli and root veg with cheese) is in toaster oven.

Sent hats via interoffice mail with my email address and a note saying "machine washable" and can I get a name for my next set of hats?? We shall see how this plays out.

I will go back and track the half a cinnamon roll with cream cheese frosting...... it is what it is and it was yummy!!

Lounging with Miss T under Lana's Palm Tree - stop by and get the fruit freeze drinks or hot coffee that is "spiked".
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - The grocery delivery thing worked out very nicely. Because I have no car, it will save me from having to schlepp every single thing on bus trips. On the other hand $20 is a lot, so it will be a once a month thing if I live here full time.

I just ran some preliminary numbers, and it is looking borderline/not great for me being able to afford to live here alone on a pension and social security.
    The thought of having to fix this money pit up to sell it is scary, not to mention having to give away everything that is in here, because I couldn't take it where I'd be moving (much smaller place I would imagine).

OK I must go watch something diverting on TV, so that I don't worry and can't fall asleep later.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

PS Sara

Roger that on the cube-mates in the office. Never a dull moment, huh?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Lana - just asking is NYC place too $$ to keep as well? You may need what lady 2 cubes away (who talks loud enough we all hear her) calls a sponsor - think sugar daddy.

Just glad it is Friday. Putting my daily oil in my oatmeal to make sure I get it.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF plans for the cboys have already started, stop by after work under Lana's Palm Tree.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Friday

A busy week. A few things with elderly neighbor but nothing serious.

Sara - don't worry. We do not want guardianship! We have three sets of our own parents to worry about as time goes on (my parents are divorced, so mom/stepdad, dad/stepmom, and DH's mom/dad.) But we do want to be sure our neighbor is getting the services she needs.

Still have not faced the scale. I think I will wait until after my next "monthly visit" and then weigh in. I think it's due anytime and I'm always bloated and up in weight just before it arrives. Breakfasts and lunches have been good this week. Suppers, not so much. Burgers and salty fries two nights = bloating. And too much candy out of co-worker's candy dish!

Had my second PT appt and it hurt! Received a few more exercises to work on. Keeping the end-goal in mind which is less pain/tightness and the ability to exercise again!

Lana - sorry to hear how sad you are and wishing you luck/sending up prayers as you make decisions about your future.

Lots of work today and homework for myself and DD over the weekend. I hope I get to enjoy a little bit of relaxation sometime on Saturday or Sunday.

Will lurk from work. TGIF!

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Annie - thank you for the good wishes!

Sara - I am too old (and now sans boobs) for any sugar daddy to want me. Sad but true.
    The NYC shoebox is cheap, but if it were the only place I had to live, I would shrivel from unhappiness. Midtown Manhattan is one ugly place to live, especially for old people, and I have to look at where I'm going to be in my later life.

I am off soon on the free bus to go to the Starbucks where I left my Visa card in the chip reader on Monday. Gah. At least the sun is out.
    I have no scale, but my tape measure tells me that I've gained an inch on my waist and hips. No surprise for what I've been over-eating lately.

Definitely will be here for the Cabana Boys' 5PM happy hour.

Make good choices today everyone!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - in the whirlwind of your current life - maybe make a list of things you will not longer accept in your future as a way of finding out what you do want.

Annie - glad to hear you are not jumping in the deep end with neighbor. I have met people who ran into things with disabled elderly adults trying to help and you can imagine..... PT is probably using muscles in a different way, good that you are going.

Soup on the stove - ate too many points at work. It is what it is.

Will be there for the happy hour under Lana's Tree.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Missy - good to see you. What upcoming interview are you studying for? I missed something somewhere.
    Glad you are enjoying your time off, especially with the doggies!

Sara - Excellent idea. I do need to make an actual written list, including the pros and cons of certain choices.

Time for sleep.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Dog up and fed. She likes her probiotic on her food so much - its like her special treat. Twice a week now.....

Means I can now get back under the covers. Decided to make another pot of Chicken Chili this weekend. Have one more serving of my soup left so my weekend meals are almost planned.

Dog to groomer so I take my knitting and get some knitting done.

Will stop by later. Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

OK, one eye is open. Waiting for coffee to kick in and mental fog to clear......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Break before dog grooming.

Got cookie so that bakery wouldnt make me get something more caloric. Have makings for chicken chili, will set up tomorrow. Have a sweet potato that I can make into lunch/dinner.

Nap with dog in schedule as well. bbl
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Well the mental fog never did quite clear. Very little energy today; cleaned a little and then tried some of that adult coloring book stuff.

Time to watch "A Most Wanted Man" again on DVD from Netflix.....

Tomorrow is another day~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    SUNDAY

Good morning.

Groceries, pay rent, put chicken chili in crockpot. Another exciting Sunday.

Dog is taken care of so back to sleep for me.

Wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

OMG - the entire beach and pool deck were deserted today except for Sara and Tillie. I'm just getting here now....

Worked on a new painting today; energy is really low for some reason. Maybe because I am not getting good sleep.

Tomorrow is a fresh start.

Hugs to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    MONDAY

Lana - how long are you in NC? Did you put mail on hold? Will send card or cards this week.....

Weigh in - lost .4 considering I am that TOM, that is a kindness. I did not have the TOM like I do now when I started WW, so this is just not nice. Lady at work who came back from work after breast cancer said one of the meds is making her go through menopause again. What we do to keep healthy - she is going through menopause and I get cycles again.

Debated as I sat in bed, do I get up now and lose 30 minutes of sleep or add it to my after breakfast nap?? After breakfast longer sleep chance won out.

Rain starts again Wednesday, so another wet visit to the dentist Thursday. Set up my rewards now.

Signed lease asked assistant manager about the shower rod (curved) in their model and as my original one has broken I can get them to replace it!! Hey may as well upgrade where I can!!

On that exciting note, putting my gg oil in my oatmeal is so easy..... Will lurk from work, wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday

Just caught up on the last couple days of messages. Hello to all! Sounds like you are all doing pretty well.

Sara - great job on WI. Good news about your shower curtain.

Lana - hang in there. My mom is a painter and I think she finds it very therapeutic, but she does have to be in the mood to do it.

Gemwolf - good luck with interview prep!

Recommitting today. My mom is back from her annual January cruise and we usually start pushing each other with her return. Maybe that is why I have been so lackadaisical? At any rate, got DH to commit with me to no sugar/sweets and no bread/rice/cereal, etc., for the next two weeks. He asked for one exception as he wants to take me out Friday night to a new Irish Pub here in town. So, I said we would make an exception for that meal only. Not the entire day...not the entire weekend. I already turned down cookies and muffins at work this morning and am saying no to the candy jar!

No weigh in yet. Time of month arrived today. Thinking I will finally look at the scale on Friday and just deal with it. So afraid it will be in the 160s when I want to be in the 140s. I have stayed out of the 160s for nearly 3 years, so sad that I let things get so out of control. What's done is done - must move on and do better. The number on the scale will go down again.

PT seems to be working. Still some irritation but slow improvement. Not ready to get back on the treadmill yet, however.

Dear neighbor ended up being admitted to the hospital on Saturday. We are going over and caring for her dog. She "may" be home on Tuesday??? Although there have been two home health nurses who said she should not be home any longer. So, not sure what will happen. Would have loved to bring dog over to our house but it has not had vaccinations in over 2 years and has not been groomed in probably as long. Do not want to introduce anything to our healthy pets. It is a sweet dog.

Better get some work done. Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~ Getting here during cocktail hour (almost). The Cabana Boys have special Monday soothing foot massages for everyone~~

*******Congratulations Sara******* Excellent Weigh In! Good for you!

I am in NC until Saturday; my friend James has been taking in my NYC mail. Let's hear it for your new shower curtain rod! May it all work out. You know, new shower curtain rods are a good enough excuse for a festive Under the Palm Tree Event!

Missy - When is your interview? I forgot already. :P Keep in touch about it! Good for you on the Zumba! I miss my water zumba!

Annie - Your mother's annual January cruise sounds wonderful. I am a bit of a cruise nut, even though I can't go as often as I once did. What line/ship did she go on? She's down south right? Or is that DH's mother....
    I need a cruise; maybe in April or May. Have not been since 2013--too long ago.
    Good to hear that the PT is effective.
    Sad to hear about the doggie across the street; I have confidence that the lady will get the care she needs--not so sure about the dog. :( Poor thing. Let's hope for the best there.

OK - It's Monday Martini time. Seriously. :P

Lana