Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Sorry for being away... I'm so tired and stressed...SO and I literally spent most of yesterday sleeping... he hasn't been sleeping well, due to sleeping on floor while away working... and, I think work has just got to me... things are slightly better between myself and co workers...I no longer trust any of them.. but, we speak and are able to work together...
    This week is a little stressful, as SO has court and truly not sure what to expect...I don't believe it will be bad, just upsetting.. or may get some much needed answers...
    Seems we are postponing Family pics for at least a week.. cousin will not have her son when we had planned...I really feel as if no one truly cares to do this...I do not like my pic taken, but we need to do this... for Gpa

Annie- it is great that you are helping with neighbor...I don't understand how family can not help the elderly.. especially their own mother or grandmothers... my friends hubby, helped an older woman for years, as her family wanted nothing to do with her... before she passed, she signed everything over to him... now, her grandson (who was nowhere around while she was living) is fighting this... as if he deserves anything.. hopefully, your neighbor will be able to get into a home and get the much needed help she deserves...

Sara- good WI! TOM always makes it tricky...

Lana- I wish I could find a hobby/craft to keep me busy... just not crafty... would love to see painting

Missy- enjoy last day of vac! Make the best of it!

SO is gone again until Wed... this should be his last time away... they are finishing up siding on house they built in October... Will be glad when he doesn't have to be away...

Will check in later... everyone have a good day!

- Dawn
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Chicken chili for dinner again- topping it with cheese and a cracker or two.....

Enjoyed all of todays posts = Lana mailing tomorrow think Saturday.... Annie one meal/day at a time. The social services are documenting while she is in hospital - they will place her as soon as they can. Dog needs to be "clean" before placed in anyone's home (grooming, shots etc).

Missy sending good self esteem interview thoughts. Dawn I do good deeds to counter act the "crap" of my coworkers, sometimes at work and sometimes not....

Waiting for foot massage with hot rocks and aroma therapy. Tillie is getting a foot massage as well.

May fly by before snoring, wishing all a good evening.
  • ASalner
    ASalner Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Monday evening

I made it through the day without eating any candy or goodies!!! I did drink some diet coke and had 4 saltine crackers crushed up in my chili tonight. Baby steps.

My pants are snug tonight, so a good reminder to stay on track.

Lana - My mom's cruise was out of New Orleans on Carnival Dream. My mom lives in southern Georgia, so they drive down/over to the port.

Time to read with my 6 year old. PT stretches and strengthening yet tonight, along with some homework of my own.

Have a good night!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TUESDAY

Good morning!

Up in the middle of the night, finally too warm in my winter gear and covers. Watching TV kept me awake so set up alarm clock and hot water bottle. ... Annie read your post last night baby steps is the only way to go.

QOTD: what are we working on this week/today to stay on track with our health eating?

AOTD: Hiding my GG oil in my oatmeal is working very well, amazing how it can be left out when I am not paying attention....

Lana - cards in mail today. Means maybe Saturday.

Thawed out corn muffins to go with chili so one or the other, cheese on top or corn muffin. Taking almond butter (1Tbsp) and flat bread crackers (2) to work for a snack to keep me from buying nuts at work.

Time to aim myself towards work, wave to all who follow.
  • ASalner
    Options
    Tuesday morning

A little icy this morning but nothing too scary! Happy last day of January!

AOTD: Tracking everything - actually pre-tracking as much as possible and then just sticking with it. Cutting out sugar and breads/rice/pasta.

Neighbor will not come home from hospital today. Maybe tomorrow. Poor dog is alone in the house again for another day. :( If this continues much longer, will talk to her about taking her to vet and groomer so we can try bringing her to our house once we know she's clean.

Must do homework today.

Will CBL!

Annie
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dinner done, dog walked, ready to call it a night.

Got credit card bill, boy was dog expensive last month!

Wave out to Lana/Dawn and Missy.

Miss T and I will be under the Palm Tree in a lounge chair waiting for snacks on toothpicks.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Missy!! Sending good thoughts for today's interview, let us know how it goes.

Lana's Palm Tree is open for sleeping, studying - I even spent a day throwing things on the ground so the Cboys had to bend over and pick them up!!

Oatmeal is ready and I need to scoot.

Will lurk from work, wave to all who follow.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options

Wednesday morning~~

Missy - sending good vibes your way for a good interview. When will you know results?

Dawn - Family pictures! Ugh. For me, wearing black, standing behind someone shorter, and turning so standing at 45 degree angle to the camera has paid off.
    I paint abstracts in oil--never anything realistic. Will post one or two sometime.

Annie - Ah. Driving to the cruise port is wonderful compared to having to fly somewhere. Hope that things go ok for lady and for dog across the street.

Sara - Will check mailbox when I get home late Saturday night. :)
    Today is February 1st!
    This inspires me to make a fresh start today and see if I can pre-plan, journal, and get serious for 28 days.

BBL

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Wednesday

Missy - good luck with your interview!

Dawn - I am no good with family pix. We did our own the last time and although it wasn't the perfect lighting a photographer would get, I liked our pose and didn't hate myself. That was a couple of years ago when I was a bit thinner. I would like to do some new ones again this summer or fall if I can get some weight off!

Sara - those darn credit cards. My goal is to pay ours off in the next few months and then hopefully never use it again!

Feeling less optimistic about PT. I have been more achy and had more irritation this week. Could be partially due to TOM. Could be due to new exercises? I know my chiropractor said it could get worse before it gets better.

I have made it through 2 days without sugar!!! Going for day 3 today!!! Lana, I was also thinking that the beginning of February is a great time to get serious. 28 days. We can do it!

Will lurk from work.

Annie
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm back at it for the..... 8th time? Ugh. I hope I can actually stick to it this time. Wish me luck and feel free to add me!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy!! Hope things turn out. Waiting sucks, spend it making lunches for work as your "new job" first weeks will take up so much of your energy - worst thing is you have premade lunches....

Blueday617 - we named ourselves for a reason, I wish you good luck and stop by and post when you can. 2017 we are posting questions of the day/week more often.

Annie - my only debt is what I have on the credit card and this month was 2x what I usually have, so I pay it off and hope next month is not so bad. Getting away from credit card debt is an awesome goal and you will get there. 2 days no sugar!! You are superhuman - I just try and use less.

Lana never thought about angles and pictures, I think sucking in faces is stupid but we were all doing it once, so there.

Kettle done for tea. Wishing all a great evening.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Family pics were definitely not in my plans... until, Gpa got sick... now, I know that I will regret it if I put it off just because I don't like the way I look...I can only hope, Gpa is still here when I feel better about myself and we can do pics, again!

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    THURSDAY

Good morning.

Rain is back for awhile. Makes for short dog walks....

Dental visit to deal with making me a better bite. Not having a good bite can wear away at your jaw muscles.... One Crown from former dentist who didnt listen when I said it was too long.... So luckily the fix wasnt too bad. Next on plate for dentist is 2 crowns so today should be a breeze.

Missy I also quit WW because I could not find a meeting.... I am doing most of WW, but the meetings are really the key to why that works. However, it just means we may not lose as fast, without the cost and person watching the scale.

Lurking from work. Wave to all who follow. Is it Thursday already?? Yipee!!
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday

Yippee! Neighbor comes home from the hospital today and will have someone coming to check on her and spending a couple of hours each day. We'll see how that goes. So, we are done watching the dog for the moment. We are considering offering to take the dog to the vet and the groomer (at neighbor's expense) so she'll be up-to-date and clean. Her nails are far too long!

PT this morning. It went well. Continue with same exercises and added some weights in the gym at PT to build core strength.

Have to confess that last night got crazy and I ended up with an Arby's roast beef sandwich, a few fries, and a cheese stick for supper. :( Poor planning and preparation on my part for a busy night. Stayed away from sweets and only had diet pop. Today will be better as DH is making chili for supper and we will eat before we go to parent-teacher conferences.

Will probably finally stand on the scale tomorrow to face the number and accept where I am at. It's a number I need to know so I can work my way down from there.

Cold here today. Only 6 degrees this morning. Arctic sunshine!

Will lurk from work.
    Annie
  • shalto
    shalto Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. New here. So glad to find these boards and this thread. The WW boards used to really motivate me, and I was sad to log on an see them gone. I am definitely a serial starter! Looking back at my records, I realize that for the past few years I keep starting up again and then falling off the wagon on day 4. Today is day 4 this time around, and I am determined to push through and make it to day 5!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Welcome Shalto! We were on WW as they were making the changes to the boards :( and found this place.....One day at a time - stop by and post - we are posting more Questions of the Day/Week for 2017.

Driving into parking lot of dentist... Junior High out early kids in driveway fighting, woman gets out of car screams at children, I am trying to get into parking lot..... how I didnt get rear ended I do not know. I asked the dentists if this happens often. Next apt is in the morning, luckily...... 2 crowns. Better to be proactive with teeth.

Chili with cheese and corn muffin for dinner.

Hope to stop by before lights out.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options
    Hello All~~

Welcome to the new folks!

Ladies, I am tired--had a full day today, somewhat getting ready for leaving on Saturday morning.

Annie - I will be facing the scale for the first time in 3 weeks when I wake up in NYC on Sunday morning. It will be a Serial Starters highest ever because a certain pair of my pants doesn't fit. I did it to myself. Too many sweets to sooth the troubled mind. Mind feels better; body gets fatter. I will keep on trying.

Hugs to all~~

Lana
  • ASalner
    Options
    Thursday night

I was doing so well....and then DH brought me a Shamrock Shake! Grrr.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Just a song before I go..... (I first wrote "just another round before I go" but I am not serving the drinks under Lana's Tree tonight - Shane and Ian are....)

Lana - Perhaps NYC will promote better daily habits - swimming, walking, etc.

Annie - but if the rest of your day went well...... DH get one for himself as well??

People at work are giving me pieces of fruit.....but I left early for dentist, so will enjoy tomorrow.

Curling up with dog and watching a dvd. Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    FRIDAY

Good morning. Alarm clock woke me up. Dog must have been comfortable.

Trying to set up meals in my head for next week. Looks like fried rice time. Will have to get some chicken. What are your meal plans for next week?

Wave to all who follow. TGIF!!