_Bluebonnet_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    jjdc4yfnu1i5.jpg

Hi Lana, Sara - everyone!

Day 1 here... almost 8pm... ;)

Great Job Lana - You're going DOWN!

Hope you're feeling better Sara with no dragon issues... lol

Here is what I just typed out for my profile-

Trying AGAIN (at 49-years-old, not as easy as it used ta be!) Honestly, I find my fire and then fuel it. I stay consistent and focused. THEN, ! Life Happens ! Health Issues or some hiccup with home/family gets me off track.... I get back on track within a week or so and this continues for a few months and then when I fall of the wagon and roll down the hill, I get mad and take a "give-up break."
    CAN ANYONE ELSE RELATE? Husband and grown son are not interested in trying with me.
    (YES, they need this as much as I do.) Support where I can find it is VERY Important to me! =)

Why I want to get in shape:
    I "have" to lose 30 lbs for health/wellness FIRST... One step at a time. Once I reach that, it will be time to reevaluate for "lookin' hawt goal weight."
    More Honesty- I'm an extraordinary home-cook and baker which makes this type of journey even harder. I truly love it - which of course means I truly love ta eat it as well... *duh*
    I'm an old-fashioned gal that cooks with love re: family traditions, recipes and beloved food memories.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,333 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Became a slug for most of the weekend. Just needed to zone for awhile. Shot was not fun to take but I did not have any major effects - 2nd one we shall see.

Lana so proud of all the steps you are getting in. Once you make it a goal or a game it is easier.

Year end eval was okay -Monster is petty - what she hangs on to is amazing. 104 at 6pm and tomorrow is even worse. Interview is Wednesday after lunch so I will keep you posted.

I guess I need to find better food as this weekend was a lot of comfort food.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,848 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    474av4qqnwgu.jpeg
    *** August 16 ***

Wow - I thought that I posted this morning, but I must have gotten totally sidetracked!

Bluebonnet - love your quote up top! Welcome to our little group/thread. Stop by whenever you can~

Sara - Wishing you lots of good fortune for that job interview tomorrow!
    Let us know if they say how long until they make a decision.

It was good to see my friend today, and the visit went well all things considered. What wore me out was being in the car with my friend James for a total of 4 hours. I wish I could douse him in Chill Magic. Every tiny thing drives him crazy. What a way to live! He's going to have a heart attack someday.

I hope you all have a peaceful evening.

Lana

265.4 today
    2.15 miles walked today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

107 posted at 6pm. Yuck.

Interview was today instead of tomorrow which meant I had to ask my boss for time off of work - did not want her to know about interview but had no choice. Cat fur went flying briefly. I will find out by Friday if I have a new position or stay where I am. At least I do not have to wait long. I will still take tomorrow off just because I was so inconvenienced today.

Lana -I am glad you got to see your friend even if it involved the car ride you described. Think long term and how you will be glad you saw her.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    s1zl3wfh8cpz.jpeg
    *** August 17 ***

Well, here we are in the middle of the week again....

Sara, I am happy for you that you have a day off today. You deserve it.
    It's great that you will know on Friday whether you stay or make a change. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best 🌸

I intend to have a peaceful travel day back to North Carolina.

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Tracy and Missy and Maureen and Jordanna.... I miss hearing from you.

Lana

265.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Our friends are running around and enjoying life. Just hope they will give all the details when they come back.

Glad I took today off - have a slight/moderate case of the crankies. Grocery shopping to find things that I can make that are best served cold if possible.

Ordered protein snacks online as my lunch will be pushed farther away from when I get to work - someone had to accommodate a coworker and I guess I was the only one. lucky me.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2022
    Options
    c7sd3db8oc0i.jpeg
    *** August 18 ***

Wow, I almost forgot to post today. I am off kilter for sure.

Sara - I am thinking about you, hoping the best for your Friday tomorrow!

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

101 at 6pm so glad its August because this is normal weather.

Asked Manager about the other position and got feedback that will make me not take it even if it is offered. That dept is in a bad way and they are raising the production standard because too many of them are not putting in a full day.

Beef and stir fry is on stove and asian noodles with teriyaki sauce is last. They are great cold noodle salad so there is my next two lunches.

My dinner is debatable and will be quick/easy.

Took a flight of stairs to meet a challenge for fitness and boy are my hips talking.

Wishing all a good night. Friday is almost here. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello friends I'm kind of glad I found this thread because this is exactly how I feel. I start, I do great, I lose 30 pounds. I start feeling fantastic! Something happens and I spiral downwards and comfort myself with my favorite foods nonstop..

Well actually, I should say I do stop! I stop when I have gained every ounce of the 30 pounds that I lost. And then I go, oh my God how did I gain all this weight back? And then I start the cycle all over again..

It got me to thinking .. am I just losing weight so I can eat whatever I want for 6 months and then I diet again, and then I eat what I want for 6 months?? I really don't want to do that anymore because like bonnet said above, I am 49 and this is way harder than it was 10 years ago!! I turn 50 in November.

Last year I told myself I wanted to lose 50 pounds before I turned 50.. I got 30 off and guess what happened... I put it right back on.

I still don't feel like dieting nor exercising and I still don't care.. But yesterday I had Bagel bites for lunch and was so disgusted the rest of the day that I forced myself to care and got up... I went out and bought a bunch of cold pressed juices and so I drink those during the day along with a protein shake for breakfast and I have dinner at night. That was my today and is my 10,000th day one.

I hate myself for allowing this yoyo cycle to continue.

Thanks for reading...

Lisa
    233, 5'4" 49 yrs.
    Working mom of 2, step mom to +3 more
    married to the man of my dreams (who yoyos right along with me and has zero strength when I cave in, he literally says "thank God" and binges)....
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    uw8be2h3g8dy.jpeg
    *** August 19 ***

Oh, yay, Friday is here at last~~

Welcome Lisa - Don't look back ever; it doesn't help. Figure out what you can do today - take a walk with DH and/or buy a little less bread-y foods, so there's less in the house. You can make some small changes 🌼

Sara - interesting about what the Manager said. I bet that she doesn't want to lose you to the other department! So, hang in where you are, and use Dragon Spray liberally on that monster boss of yours!
    *Oh - Pierre and Antoine just reminded me that you should also use Dragon Shield Spray on yourself.*

🌴 Special Friday Happy Hour at the Cabana Club today! 🌴

Lana

265.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another hot day in August. Forecast says tomorrow is the last day of 100 plus. I hope so it vacuums the energy right out of me.

Lisa, I agree with Lana. Slow and steady. What ARE you willing to start doing to move in a healthier direction? Get your husband on board - Lana's idea of taking walks together also gets you two out by yourself without the kids. That alone would be a good idea - but adding exercise even better.

Manager runs both departments, but I do so well with people on phones. Hmmmm. Did NOT hear from the other Sup about the interview/ job position. Boo for her that tells me a lot.

That Friday sound I heard today was music to my ears. I will be at the Cabana club as my personal goal tonight is to dance for 10 minutes.

• jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is day 50 this time. I’ve lost 11.2 lbs
    In 2020 I lost nearly 60 lbs. on this just logged what I ate. Ate what I wanted just smaller. In 2021 I went on an epic bicycle bike packing trip. I kept saying I’ll get back on track, tomorrow yea right. I gained all but 4 lbs back.
    I’ve days when I didn’t eat well today was one of them. I think this the worst day in 50 days. I did log my food. No matter how over it was.
    Tomorrow is another day. Next may I’m going to a reunion of cycling friends. My goal is to be oversight. At this moment I’m morbidly. Obese.
    Thanks for your support
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    kjrf9ewxnqcf.jpeg
    *** August 20 ***

Yay for Saturday 🎉

Hello to jjlbrick - Congratualtions on your weight loss so far~ Cycling is wonderful. Please stop by often and let us know how you are doing! We will vicariously ride along with you!

Sara - Well, the work situation is settled. "Make lemonade" going forward, I guess?
    Enjoy your weekend. Good to hear that the temps should be lowering a tad.

Time to get into the shower......

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

265.0 today
    no exercise yesterday
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Dryer is done so fold stuff and then take nap.

Have some good choices set up for meals, will make zucchini/turkey enchilada casserole tonight. 105 today and upper 90's tomorrow? We shall see.

Focus on physical and mental habits. I will not change food until I get the other two locked into place.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!

Phew I missed a bit! Been busy.
    Sara- I guess things happen for a reason and grass isn’t always greener. I’ve had a few of those kind of positions that I applied for and being thankful that I didn’t actually get position. Hopefully the right job for you opens up soon!

Welcome to @jjlbrick and @lwhelan2018!

Some celebration is in order :-) I got the email that I got accepted into the MBA program! Whoohoo. Now to get all the paperwork and books and all in order! Been over 10 years since I’ve last been taking a class.

Have a great night everyone!

Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Hey Missy - 🎉Congratulations on being accepted into the MBA program - that is wonderful!
    Will you start right now? September? Wishing you all the best with this!

*🌴Cabana Boys scurry around with champagne glasses for everyone 🥂*

😁
  • jjlbrick
    Options
    Today went better than yesterday, I didn’t feel good poor food choices will do that.
    Bought a frozen dinner to take to my volunteer job
    It was the same size as a single serve dinner. Calories on front of box. Well after I warmed it up on the back of the box it said this box served two. it was a very good TV dinner but it was 450 calories.
    The other food I planned did not allow for that.
    Tonight’s bike ride in gym. still in progress goal 45 minutes
  • LanaCabana537
    edited August 2022
    Options
    et96iufila8k.jpeg
    *** August 21 ***

It is a dark and stormy Sunday morning here in the middle of North Carolina. Yikes! The yard work I was planning on will have to change to indoor activities.

I'm off to plan my food for the day. The focus will be on low sodium and low fat use. I am too much in love with my butter and olive oil. 😰

Have a good day everyone!

Lana

266.0 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Good morning friends. Sorry I was MIA. Yesterday I didn't eat great, but didn't eat horrible either. Yes went over on calories.. but did manage to get 5k steps in just from running errands. One of which was investing in a treadmill! We live in AZ and walking outside isn't possible for another month. I have an exercise bike, but my issue/excuse for not riding it is that I have a desk job and the last thing I want is to sit more. Hubby is on board as always... he is going to assemble it while I get my hair done 😁

Glad to see everyone's updates from the weekend. Lana, Missy, thank you for the encouragement! Jjlbrick, welcome back to starting again!

Here's to a healthy week! Fingers crossed bc hubby's middle son comes home for a visit from Guam tomorrow. He is stationed there bc he is in the Navy and I have to cook him all his favorite foods!
  • jjlbrick
    Options
    Last night I did my cycling at gym. We don’t have a fancy gym no pool but this is a small town it 4 blocks away. Weight machines, treadmills stationary bikes, elliptical and stair machines. I used to swim but had my shoulder replaced.
    My upper body strength was never as good as lower body. Well last night I decided that I’d give those weight machines a try.
    I moved those weights to the wimpiest weights did about 5 different upper body machines.
    My replaced shoulder was starting to hurt last night I took Tylenol went to bed. Today it doesn’t feel too bad.
    I’m trying not to get on the scale Friday I had a horrible day, Saturday was better , but not great food wise.
    I don’t have to weigh in till Thursday that will be week 8.