Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Supposed to be the last of our heat wave today. We shall see. I will try and get some more steps in.

For me I am trying to build better habits and work slowly on my food until the high stress changes or I have found a better way to handle it.

Keep cool. Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    jthedelfuy1n.jpeg
    *** August 22 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Just getting us started - I must hurry to get ready to do the 9AM Pumpkin Loop Meetup walk with the ladies~~~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

266.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana good for you to go and get walking.

I made myself get 5500. So I crashed like a beached whale for about a half hour - sounds about right!!!

I may cook tomorrow night - too lazy today.

Have a 4 day weekend for Labor Day - have an eye apt Friday and nobody is interested in taking extra time off - so I took Friday off as well.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bmgjk0ricufw.jpeg
    *** August 23 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Boy, was I hobbling around yesterday because of the morning walking. Oy!
    This morning I feel partially recovered. Maybe tomorrow I will go walk on my own; then next Monday the walk won't be so tiring.
    Today's exercise will be getting rid of vines that have overtaken area near AC unit.

Sara - good for you on booking that 4-day weekend for yourself ✔️

Let's enjoy what's left of the summer; in 4 months it will be Xmas 😳

Waving to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

265.8 today
    walked yesterday
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Hey Missy - 🎉Congratulations on being accepted into the MBA program - that is wonderful!
    Will you start right now? September? Wishing you all the best with this!

*🌴Cabana Boys scurry around with champagne glasses for everyone 🥂*

😁

So I was going to start next week but the tuition reimbursement program with my employer is not going to be approved in time so I have to defer starting until the spring.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy better to have you $$ all set up before you start. It will start sooner than you expect.

Lana - you and I have had a couple rotten years and I need to take the chance to congratulate you on how well you have weathered all the changes. It is something to be proud of. Get on that theater of yours and take a bow.

Weather people are over paid. End of rant. 102 is not what they said. Pleh.

• gemwolf110
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy better to have you $$ all set up before you start. It will start sooner than you expect.

Lana - you and I have had a couple rotten years and I need to take the chance to congratulate you on how well you have weathered all the changes. It is something to be proud of. Get on that theater of yours and take a bow.

Weather people are over paid. End of rant. 102 is not what they said. Pleh.

Yes it does. Murphy’s law tends to set in when stretched too thin.

Yes they are. Maybe that’s the field I need to pursue.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    wt7e1whiqljh.jpeg
    *** August 24 ***

Sara - Thank you for the kind words--they are appreciated. I was just thinking yesterday that instead of being so frustrated about not losing, I should appreciate not having gained significantly!!
    So sorry to hear of the continued super-hot temps. Ugh!

Missy - Sending encouraging vibes to you about having things moved to spring. Sara is right--the time will fly between now and when you start the masters.
    Now is the time to look around and see if there is anything else that needs doing and do it now while you have the "spare" time. Big hugs~

Yesterday I sweated in the yard ripping out English Ivy and wild grape vines. Then I cooled off and exercised in the pool. There were no plain pork tenderloins at the store, so I bought a pre-flavored one. Mother of Pearl, it must have been loaded with salt: puffy ankles and scale is up. I just don't remember about sodium when I am in the store. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Lana

267.0 today
  • _Bluebonnet_
    _Bluebonnet_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    (started here and introduced self then......)
    Well, got totally knocked off my feet as I/we lost our 5-year-old pet baby suddenly.. The grief is raw/real right now. =( Bailey-Boo was a rescue we saved at 2 1/2 months (mini American Eskimo) and we found out too LATE she had a auto-immune disease (similar to Lupus.) Lost her 1 week ago....
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Bluebonnet - losing a pet is heart wrenching. Glad you could share that with us.

Summer continues -as it is still August.... roll eyes and move on.

Boss should be gone for rest of week - we all hope so.

• _Bluebonnet_
    Options
    <3 Yes it is, thank you.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    4axspexwtmey.jpeg
    *** August 25 ***

Bluebonnet - So very sorry for your loss--so devastating 😓

Lana
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    wt7e1whiqljh.jpeg
    *** August 24 ***

Sara - Thank you for the kind words--they are appreciated. I was just thinking yesterday that instead of being so frustrated about not losing, I should appreciate not having gained significantly!!
    So sorry to hear of the continued super-hot temps. Ugh!

Missy - Sending encouraging vibes to you about having things moved to spring. Sara is right--the time will fly between now and when you start the masters.
    Now is the time to look around and see if there is anything else that needs doing and do it now while you have the "spare" time. Big hugs~

Yesterday I sweated in the yard ripping out English Ivy and wild grape vines. Then I cooled off and exercised in the pool. There were no plain pork tenderloins at the store, so I bought a pre-flavored one. Mother of Pearl, it must have been loaded with salt: puffy ankles and scale is up. I just don't remember about sodium when I am in the store. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Lana

267.0 today

Thank you. I need them my youngest dog my have either arthritis or a CCL injury. He’s also very high strung and may need some doggie happy pills. Oldest is having age related stuff and middle two tummies aren’t feeling well. Almost made it a whole year without issues.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    (started here and introduced self then......)
    Well, got totally knocked off my feet as I/we lost our 5-year-old pet baby suddenly.. The grief is raw/real right now. =( Bailey-Boo was a rescue we saved at 2 1/2 months (mini American Eskimo) and we found out too LATE she had a auto-immune disease (similar to Lupus.) Lost her 1 week ago....

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you hugs and prayers. That’s so sad
  • _Bluebonnet_
    Options
    💥hi ya powerful ladies!🔥
    Hope your Thursday is going great.😉

💗 Thanks for the prayers/well wishes! 💜
    Bailey's ashes are home and we of course hope and pray this will help healing and closure begin.
    🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾

We try and focus on her rescue and we gave her (she loved/enjoyed 5 years!)
    She honestly enjoyed every day and found happiness in simple things.
    What lessons we can truly learn from our pet babies!

• _Bluebonnet_
    Options
    <3 Bailey-Boo <3 2018 - 2022

en2qbmdq2beb.jpg

3sgcjfxvc6h4.jpg
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Good evening,

Bailey Boo was a well loved little girl who had a great 5 years. It doesnt make it easier to let go, but it does help to know you were a great dog-parent.

Not so hot here. Dragon breath was at home today and will not be at work tomorrow. I am tickled. I have 2 days off next week -dental and eyes - I would have had my eyes dilated but Dr no longer with company. Had scheduled day off. Still need the long nap so it will still happen.

ps seems I am the fairy god mother of 2 male french bull dogs here in the apt complex. Hmmm
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    nd066rjwr0u2.jpeg
    *** August 26 ***

Good morning all~~

I just figured out that Bluebonnet and SassyHomemaker are the same person!
    Once again so sorry for the loss of your fur baby Bailey-Boo. What a beauty 💖

Sara - Enjoy your day today without The Dragon!

Missy - are you working over the weekend?

I've got to get going on some major house cleaning. My bestie is coming for a visit in late October. At the rate I move, I need to start now.....
    I must remind myself that it is "Activity". 😁

Waves to everyone who stops by later on.

*🌴Cabana Boys are getting ready for the Friday Happy Hour by the pool 🌴*

Lana
    266.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    nd066rjwr0u2.jpeg
    *** August 26 ***

Good morning all~~

I just figured out that Bluebonnet and SassyHomemaker are the same person!
    Once again so sorry for the loss of your fur baby Bailey-Boo. What a beauty 💖

Sara - Enjoy your day today without The Dragon!

Missy - are you working over the weekend?

I've got to get going on some major house cleaning. My bestie is coming for a visit in late October. At the rate I move, I need to start now.....
    I must remind myself that it is "Activity". 😁

Waves to everyone who stops by later on.

*🌴Cabana Boys are getting ready for the Friday Happy Hour by the pool 🌴*

Lana
    266.6 today

I plan on putting a few hours in but need some me time.
  • _Bluebonnet_
    Options
    Lana - SassyHomemaker is deleted... lol ... Just have Bluebonnet... ;)
    I'm Stacy btw y'all. :)
    With all that has been happening to me/my family the past couple of months, my severe OCD has been in "control." Could not decide user name and was havin' issues with some "past friends" on my list (sassyhomemaker) so just started fresh.... (Just wanted to explain.) ;) Sorry for any confusion. *hugs*

LOL at "activity" / cleaning for bestie! Too bad I can't come help! Good thing about OCD is I'm an awesome organizer and my home looks like it's ready for a photo shoot. :D I wear myself out I tell ya! You'd think I'd be at Goal Weight just because of that! geezzz.... :/

Sara - I have read up on the Dragon... LMBO *hugs* (Thank you for your comforting words re; Bailey.)

Missy - Take time for YOU indeed!

cdjq9fbkkj5z.jpg

I will be headin' to CVS to pick up meds (just had MUCH NEEDED visit with my doc for my OCD/ADHD/Anxiety disorders.) Also time ta pick up some groceries.

Today is another strange day... *sigh* My daddy would have been 71 today. (Oct. 13th will make 2-years gone. Lung Cancer)

I'm trying so hard to NOT allow my emotions to LEAD ME.... I have got to take back control of my life and get back on track bigtime with health, wellness, portion control, healthy choices and FITNESS!

Happy Friday/Weekend Ladies!

-Stacy