LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    io9phmve6h30.jpg
    December 9th

Oh, no - another monster "friday" thing.....Sorry

Well, the weekend is almost here~~

What's everyone got planned?
    I will be getting in some much-needed walking!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday,

I get visual disturbances from the bad lighting at work. Yesterday was a scary day for me as I have never had it so bad. I made sure my Sup knew at least.

Cold here and wet all weekend. There goes my shopping potential, but online will do just fine.

Lana -get your headphones on and dance to your favorite music.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xgcpi5yu9m86.jpeg
    *** December 10 ***

Sara - I never think of dancing, but what a great exercise!

Hang in there with your rain.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

SUNDAY
    *** December 11 ***

Raining again......

Lana

266.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    ns5jzedsdr15.jpeg
    *** December 12 ***

Hey Y'all

Just checking in. I am just a bag of aches and pains. My right knee is hurting; I did not do anything in particular to it. I'm looking forward to going back home Thursday.

Food intake has been more reasonable. I got in a bit of walking today, even with the knee.

Missy - I saw an adorable puppy this morning - I think it was a husky? I don't know the snow-dog breeds at all really, but of course I thought of you and yours.

Lana

265.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana good for you for getting steps in. I did a lot of walking around at church today - so I hit my goal and just a little more. It was the day to find out the Secret Pal was for each of us. The person I got was not there. I found out who mine was and she admitted she tried to fool me much of the year -- it worked.

Food has been okay but not great, so I am glad I am keeping my walking goals.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    l6s9llcontdz.jpeg
    *** December 13 ***

Good morning all~~

The daily ten minutes of sun is now streaming into the window of my apartment. It's time to get outside no matter how cold it is.

Sara - Big applause for you for achieving your walking goals! πŸ† Good for you!!

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

264.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cookies will be made tonight. Freezing temps overnight for the next week. I have set up a bed that is warm enough, feel slightly like a bag lady as I am wearing so much but too bad.

I have 500 steps to make my 5k which I will make sure it happens.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there. Stay warm
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    c6fnc0t3dy4m.jpeg
    *** December 14 ***

Here we are at the middle of the week~~

I am gathering and packing up for going home tomorrow, trying to take as little as possible. It saddens me how quickly a rolling carry-on bag can get heavy, which can be a bodily pain at the now-sprawling LaGuardia airport.

Sara - Did you make cookies yesterday? Smart to use the oven when it's cold in the apartment. Big hugs.

Waving to those who stop by today 🌴

Lana

264.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cookies made and handed out today. Leaving them in my house is a "no-no".

Lana hope you get a lot of steps dealing with the airport. Runways are good for a long walk.

Below freezing all week at night. I used to celebrate these days as it helped kill fleas that used to annoy my dog. So I will celebrate it for other people with dogs.....

People are frazzled from the holiday stress. I am frazzled watching them. Will watch one of those sugary holiday movies.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    bfz271cwudsv.jpeg
    *** Thursday ***

Good morning to all~~

Sara - I don't know how you do it: baking cookies and them giving them all away! You are an angel πŸ˜‡ for certain.

I miss exchanging gifts with family (now passed on), but lordy I do not miss the frazzlement the shopping caused.

And yes, I will have lots of steps in traveling today. I'm concerned about actually getting home. The weather map looks less than ideal 😜

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later* 🌴

Lana

266.2 argh, Luigi's salty chicken piccata?
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Glad to make it through the week. It had been a crazy and long one. I have tomorrow off as I am getting my 2nd Shingles shot.

Lady at work adopted her before unknown niece a couple of years ago, and the niece is one of the people who I gift things. She is young elementary school age - she got the rest of the bright pink tree ornaments about 7 of them- as she loves pink.

Lana if I didnt gift the cookies, I would be wearing them. I love to bake but I hate to exercise that much. I hope you made it home safely.

Luckily for me, my other hobby does not involve food - buying yarn for at least 2 baby blankets online tonight.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    wvs4qbp2bfcu.jpeg
    *** December 16 ***

What's better than Friday?

Sara - how nice about the pink ornaments for the little girl!
    Good for you for gifting the cookies and making baby blankets. πŸ’ž

It's time to hit the grocery stores.... and yes, I will buy myself a piece of cake for my birthday today. My mother would say that birthday cake has no calories at all πŸ˜‹

*watching the Cabana Boys getting ready for Happy Hour* 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Happy Birthday Lana!! It isnt the same without cake in some form, and I have gotten my own as well just to make sure I get some- no calories??? Wow I have to remember that for next year. I hope you are having a good Birthday. Its your choice for music at the Cabana Club and you get the Queen for a day Treatment - take advantage of it.

TGIF - got my second Shingles shot. We shall see how it gets me tomorrow. I slept this afternoon- it was warm and toasty and I usually take naps so I just enjoyed it. I took whole day off as I saw my shrink in the am. She is continuing on with the Medical Group so I do not have to search for another one. Yay!!

Went and bought yarn for new baby boy for good younger friend. It cost $50.00 I have the Walmart account so I dont pay for shipping. I got a good price for yarn. This young lady appreciates hand made things and so I got a color I know she likes and a bright blue. Waiting for it to get here is like watching water boil.

I offered to go and walk the parking lot this afternoon as I was early to a dr apt - that concept would not have happened before this year - so Go Girl points to me. It was dashed and I got in for shot in minutes. I sense people come in and chicken out about shots.....so the lady who does it does not let them wait long.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Saturday,

It is very early for me. Luckily I am not terribly ill from vaccine. I cant seem to go back to sleep.

If I wake up later and still feel okay, I am going walking. Since I have found the balance between my bad eating and exercise, my new goal is to walk more and tip the balance a little.

Hope you are doing well Lana.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Sara~~

I am glad that the after-effects of the shingles shot are not too awful.

Good for you on the yarn and knitting projects.

I need to get going - it's so easy to just sit at my desk, drink coffee, and surf.....

Where did the sun go?

Lana

266.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    cxefq9t4shjo.jpeg
    *** December 18 ***

Good morning all~~

What a glorious day, weather wise. Yay.

I have rediscovered a long-forgotten treat: pitted dates! They caught my eye in Trader Joe's, so I bought some. They are almost as wonderful as cookies, but probably a bit healthier. They are yummy, but I don't feel the need to overeat them, as I do with cookies.

Tonight's dinner will be some pot roast, corn, and string beans. 😁

Lana

265.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Made another batch of cookies - most are going in the freezer for a lunch/funeral for a lady at Church. A couple are going to coworkers - I misread the recipe ooops last time.

Got almost 5k today which for a Sunday is amazing.

Meatloaf, chicken nuggets with vegetables are this week's lunches.

Lana pitted dates are in moderation a decent source of potassium. Trader Joes is such a great place I am lucky one is not near me. Enjoy.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    9bhsx46e2lz2.jpeg
    *** December 19th ***

Heavens to Betsy - it's Monday already!

None of my ladies wanted to walk this morning in the freezing cold. I may go this afternoon when it is comfortably above freezing.

Time to hard boil a bunch of eggs for the week. I need a break from scrambled eggs; I tend to embellish them more than necessary, which adds a lot of calories.....

Waves to all who pop by today~~

Lana

265.2 today
  • JCisthewaytruthlife
    Options
    Hi Lana! *wave*
    Happy Monday almost Tuesday!
    It's cold here too, not my favorite weather.
    I woke up this morning and must have eaten something my body didn't like yesterday because I felt like I got glutened. Been gf for 12 years. Finally felt better by the time we went for our weekly grocery shopping.
    My family and I did exercise by running the stairs today, it was fun and a lot of work!