Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,330 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I had a box of Samoa cookies and ate the whole container last night. They are not allowed in my house that is the only way to stop a repeat. Oh, thank you I enjoyed it and so did the scale.

Tomorrow is Friday and I am looking forward to it.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,841 Member
    Options
    50i2ow0q3qhx.jpg
    *** April 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started before I forget.....

Lana

269.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Nothing like the day being Friday. Got to take large work files off my list as we are getting flooded with them - its a new process and they knew they were coming. One has to be in a "window" of date of service and yes you know it, I am. Usual day is between 150-230 and I got 580 done. Eyes a little tired from this.

I am teaching myself to make friendship bracelets. Trying to find the right yarn and crochet hook was a little frustrating last night, but I will continue. I have enough of both that it will be done.

Got a number of things in the mail, and looking forward to see if the clothing is what it like looks online. I have never had "non work" clothes - mother didnt want us to look bad in the neighborhood, so I think at my age it is time to break that habit.

• LanaCabana537
    edited April 2023
    Options
    mv1o7psrhlx0.jpeg
    *** April 29 ***

Good morning all~~

Hey Sara - you said "looking forward to see if the clothing is what it looks like online". Did you open your packages? Is everything as expected?
    Oy! Do I have a story about that!

Waves to all who stop by today ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for Afternoon Tea with the Cabana Boys ๐ŸŒด*

Lana

269.0 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2023
    Options
    izvr1al08vam.jpeg
    *** April 30 ***

โ˜€๏ธ Happy Sunday โ˜€๏ธ

Wow - it's the final day of April already? Amazing!

Well, my sister is hatching a plan for us to take a trip together next February, so I have fresh motivation to get cracking on losing weight. This is a good thing.

She is two years younger than I am, and she has always been in great shape. She is an walking/swimming lover, so that's the difference between us.

So, I have 10 months!

*๐ŸŒด Johann is heading this way with his clipboard to review today's exercise plan ๐ŸŒด ๐Ÿ‘€*

Lana

269.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Good Morning ๐Ÿ˜ƒโ˜€๏ธ๐ŸŒž

Itโ€™s a rainy Sunday here. Going to get some cleaning/organizing done. Shopping for Motherโ€™s Day maybe today. Worked out with my sister yesterday. Iโ€™m so out of shape. I can only use the gym that she goes to as Iโ€™m a guest. Thinking of reactivating my membership or unfreezing it at the other gym. Or transfer to another gym that has more group class options.

Mom is doing alright. Lots of pain. Sheโ€™s doing to much probably. Sheโ€™s the type that canโ€™t sit still.

Grandma is doing good considering her surgery was this past Friday.

Lana - I know canโ€™t believe it is already end of April. Have fun with your sister! You got this!

Sara - sounds like you have quite a few projects going on!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

~ Missy

218.6 yesterday. :disappointed:
    Goals:
    Track both on WW and MFP
    Exercise for 30 minutes at least 3 times a week to start.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lana - so far the clothing I got is okay, it is polyester and just have to make sure it is not too tight or too hot.

I am 2/3 of way to step goal. I have baked eggs cooling to be made into breakfast burritos.

Knitting and crocheting is going along well.

Week #2 without boss starts today. Always a good start.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hey there Missy - glad to hear from you about your mother and grandmother. I hope that your mother's pain eases soon.
    It was pouring rain here earlier. The entire eastern part of the country was getting a soaking.
    Good luck with figuring out the gym situation. ๐ŸŒท

Sara - a few years ago I got lured into ordering a bunch of tops from Annie Cloth. Nice website and photos of gorgeous tops available in linen and/or cotton. Reasonable prices.
    Good grief, the stuff I received all very poor knock-offs made out of polyester and the supposed XL size was really like a size 10. Customer service awful. I still see ads for the same sort of things - same models! but the company has different names. Online searches revealed that these are actually bait and switch companies from China. Ugh. Only Lands End, Eddie Bauer, Lane Bryant, and known names for me now if I order online.

Lana
  • titroflo
    titroflo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! Serial WW and MFPer here! Just joined today and already planning meals for tomorrow heh
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Welcome to May!!

irhxdl3x828n.png

Lana - thank you! If the weather clears up today may take a walk outside. But right now still wet.

Titroflo - Welcome to the group!

Sara - that is a good start to the week :smile:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Welcome Titroflo ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Hello Missy ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป
    Yes, the first day of May!

I am exhausted, and I don't feel as if I got anything done!

Waves to Sara and all who stop by later on ๐ŸŒบ

Lana

268.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cold wind here and this has not been a year to base the calendar on the weather.

Titroflo - welcome! Steps forwards are steps forwards even if they seem small.

Lana - I know what you mean, go online and they all have the same stuff - at least it feels like it. It just means that if things are polyester they are not Summer things here.

Crocheted a "passable" daisy last night. Crocheting, uses a whole different set of finger muscles and yes I notice the difference.

Tomorrow is last apt for this darn tooth. Apt is bright and early. Yard sale prep at church will have me out and moving so it will not be a complete snail day - I took day off. Why not.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    3isw4mvfo6vm.jpeg
    *** May 2 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. The plumber is coming in a couple of hours.
    Sadly, they are not usually good candidates for joining The Cabana Boys. We'll see.....

Sara - hoping your appointment goes well.

Missy - how are Mom and Grandma doing?

*putting stuff on favorite lounge chair for later ๐ŸŒบ*

Lana

269.0 today
  • titroflo
    Options
    * May 2 *

Thanks to everyone for the warm greetings! Things going well - lots of steps, lots of mindful eating but not feeling like I'm restricted!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    e96k34aiqbcg.jpeg
    *** May 3 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - how are you doing after your dental appointment?

My Do List is weighing heavily - gotta get going!

Waves to all who stop by later on ๐ŸŒผ

Lana

267.6 today
  • Samjbooksy
    Samjbooksy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello all - hope you don't mind me joining in!

I am starting again "again!!" I was doing ok, but then I had covid, developed into long covid and was off work for months.

Finally back at work but I am the unfittest and heaviest I have ever been - thankfully being back at work I have naturally lost a few lbs.

But I am hoping I can get some fitness back and lose weight - im in my 40s now and I want to be able to enjoy life without my body working against me.

Hope everyone is doing well.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    Dear Sam~~

Oh goodness - to hear of your struggles with long covid! ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–

Welcome to our little group. We are helping each other out, one day at a time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Where do you live? I'm in the middle north of NC west of Raleigh.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

New tooth is in and fits well in the neighborhood. Sat in car while it got rained on. Too much pollen and it had this green glow to it, so I had to do something.

Asked Dentist if he was retiring - the other two in the dental group did, but he will be around for awhile but he may not work full time.

Too soon to be wearing shorts so luckily the weather temps dropped again. I saw way too much this weekend - visual tmi. If I can get into the pair of shorts I got last year, they are modest by comparison....

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Lana - Mom and Grandma are doing great! Just pain and waiting for follow ups. Thanks for asking!
  • titroflo
    Options
    Been crazy at work this week so posting has been a bit slow...still tracking and trying to be consistent with working out ๐Ÿ™‚ so far so good I think