Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Sunday is home chores day. Laundry is running and putting away winter bedding and clothing.

Muffins turned out quite well. Gave one to my 93 year old who I am her secret pal and she loves lemons and blueberries, so I hope she enjoys her muffin.

Gentleman friend and I had coffee. He also got a muffin. He has offered to go and kidnap my father for father's day and take him to lunch (without my step mother).

I also am giving an elderly neighbor a muffin. Things they dont get anymore are things made from scratch and do I really need 6 in my freezer?

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options

Hi Sara - How cool that you made those muffins and have given them to your peeps. You're right - there's something special about something made from scratch! πŸ₯°

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    iti3vt5ge19j.jpeg
    *** May 22 ***

Good morning everybody πŸ¦‹

Just getting us started.....

*⛱️ tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

269.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana love that pink doughnut!!

Long day - up early to move car asphalting parking lot. Everyone was late so it was posted we could come in at 6 and only now are people allowed in. Strong coffee day at work

Need sleep. Looking at meal delivery services, I need more money to get them. So put on back burner.

Off to move car will have over 6k today maybe I will sleep earlier? hahahahaha

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    naec3aan8dy4.jpeg
    *** May 23 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I've been tempted by the idea of food delivery services, but the price and possibly the salt is too much.

I've pretty much figured out that a rotisserie chicken once a week + a thing of sliced mozzarella + lentil soup + beans/chick peas/edamame + eggs + salad greens will give me the same thing.
    Virtually no cooking. Only eggs in the morning get cooked. Maybe oatmeal.... βœ…

I need to hire a dog walker to come and get me and take me for a walk every day 🐢

Lana

270.0 today, ugh
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I really wish I could post with you all more! I lurk now and then, but I am so busy with work and staring at my computer all day, it's tough to want to stare at my phone.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying focused!!

I totally plateaued last 2 weeks, so I'm changing it up and doing low carb for as long as I can stand it. I don't log like I should, but am now to track net carbs. I have been eating good though, just thinking my body has adapted to the change.

I got a cruise coming up 1st week of July, so trying to get another 10lbs off by then! 30 down! 30 to go (for now)

Lana, the dog walker made me lol!!

Home delivery: I tried Home Chef and really liked it, especially since it's owned by Kroger. If you like a dish, you can download the list to buy at the store! I stopped because of the kids for now, but might start up again bc I am running out of cooking ideas.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana you are not a dog -but it did make me laugh. Hire someone to clean your house with the stipulation that you have to go and walk while they do it.

lwhelan - glad you are going on a cruise, lose what you can and dont worry about the actual #.

Asphalt people are done. What a pain.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    67ld4n3ab3fz.jpeg
    *** May 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Iwhelan - I am so excited for you that you are going on a cruise! What ship? Where to?
    I have one booked on the Liberty of the Seas out of NJ in September. I am trying to get a few pounds off before then.....

Sara - glad that the asphalt is finished. Ick.
    I managed to walk on the Pumpkin Loop trail yesterday. I did only 1.5 miles, as I am so unused to it. Some things were starting to hurt, so I didn't push it farther.

Waves to all who stop by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

268.6 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited May 2023
    Options
    OK, can I just vent a tad here?

One of my coffee klatch ladies here ordered a new dress (she called it dress!) and she had it with her in the parking lot.....she said that she paid way too much for it, but she opened it there to check it out.
    Side note: we are both senior citizens
    She takes out a denim jeans colored garment, and I see as she is handling it that it seems to be ripped or torn in several places.
    As she looks at it, she is excited. She asks what I think, and I say - Margaret, there seems to be some defects....it's torn and ripped up on the hem...

(this thing looks like an overly long denim work shirt that was found in a junk heap)

Turns out that it is supposed to be that way and that she is thinking of wearing it with heels. This from a woman who never wears heels.

I think that I must be insane because how could the entire world lose its mind all at once?
    Good grief....

• lwhelan2018
    Options
    Lana, that's crazy!! The only ripped look I wear are denim shorts with tennis shoes.... I can't imagine a dress like that! Nice job on 1.5 miles too!

Sara, asphalt stinks so badly!! Glad to hear it's done.

Our cruise is western Caribbean with Royal Caribbean. I forget the ship name. It's a 7-day leaving out of Tampa. I know I shouldn't worry about the # of pounds, but I think 10 is doable in 6 weeks.

Also, been doing the semaglutide injections since mid-Jan. I don't remember if I mentioned that previously. I was in a very low, dark place, felt hopeless and out of control... so I went to a small clinic just to talk about options. It has really helped me.
    I plan to do it for a year bc I want to change my habits for good. My weight loss doc agreed with my plan. However, I am going to take a 2 week break from it on the cruise as well. I usually get them on Fridays and will skip those 2 Fridays and see how I feel. Hopefully that will also help my body reset a little bit.

On my lunch break at the moment. Got my turkey slices, Swiss cheese, baby carrots, snap peas, radishes and my low cal ranch dip. Probably have 1/2 a protein bar too and the other 1/2 after dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day!

- Lisa
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Lisa - You are probably on the Grandeur of the Seas!!

I am very curious about the semaglutide for myself, but my inertia is keeping me from asking my doctor about it. Maybe at my next checkup in the fall....

😁
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dragon has found a flaw that may just get me fired. She will as of tomorrow check my work and if I do not make adjustments have a 100% audit. She is just too happy for words.

So tonight it is a little somber here. I also know if I can collect unemployment it is better than nothing. I am not there yet.

I do not have the kind of food to binge on and that may be the best thing.

• lwhelan2018
    Options
    Lana, very happy to share my experience with you! It's the best decision I have made. I felt so hopeless and out of control and was very mentally unwell... it helped me change my eating. I look at French fries and feel ill. I think I have eaten maybe 20 potato chips in the past 4 months. It's not without side-effects, but those are so minor to me because the benefits by far out weigh them.
    And yes, I think you are correct about the ship!

Sara, I hope all goes ok for you and the dragon. Karma has a way of finding people like that!

I'm sick of working today. Supposed to have tomorrow off but will be working a 1/2 day. Sigh!

-Lisa

SW: 235
    Current: 204
    Goal: 175 (for now)

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Y'all~~

Boy, I am getting here late....

Sara - what in the world? Let us know how today went re The Dragon. I cannot imagine how things work at your work. Hugs!

Lisa - glad you have to work only a half of the day tomorrow.

Today was long yet not much got done. Dang.

Lana

268.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I am taking June off from work, my Dr. will be out of town for 3 months, but I got her in time to sign forms. It will be a gamble, but taking 2 weeks off really will not be enough time. I am so tired of dealing with work. My Dr could not understand the email my boss sent me, if that tells you how badly my boss communicates.

I got 5k so I am pleased with that.

Tomorrow is Friday and it is a 3 day weekend for a lot of us. Boss has a 4 day weekend.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    59jvsji7g8hx.jpeg
    *** May 26 ***

Good morning all β˜€οΈ

Sara - I've thinking about you since you wrote about the bad situation at work.
    What is the flaw that Dragon found?
    Is there a transfer within the company that you could make so that you have a different supervisor?
    This seems like tactical bullying to me: she gives you this ration of crap right before a long weekend in order to ruin your holiday.
    I hope that you can enjoy time this weekend with friends and at church, etc.
    Sending you big hugs.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

268.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Friday evening!!

Lana - thank you. I have been making mistakes that I was never trained on and so I stand to be given a 100% audit immediately.

My flaw? Ultimately, she had to take me to work in her department. You are correct, Dragon does nothing without an agenda. It has been exhausting staying out of the way of her karma.

I am thrilled to be off for 3 days and I will not worrying about things. My job in June is to rest and get part time jobs for July so that I can move on.

But, today is Friday of a 3 day weekend. Luckily for me dangerous food is far away so I will celebrate with good music and rest.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    jj6a9jnrrv25.jpeg
    *** May 27 ***

Happy Saturday everyone~~

Sara has a great idea for the weekend: good music and rest! 🎢

I'm going to stay away from the Do List and instead I'm just going to take the days as they come, doing some useful things and then doing some fun things + resting.

*🌴 watching the Cabana Boys set up for this afternoon's Happy Hour πŸ‘€ πŸ–οΈ*

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got out of the house, stayed away from junk food, but did not walk much.

• lwhelan2018
    Options
    Evening all.

Lana, love the outlook. Take one at a time and mix in some fun!

Sara, karma will come back on dragon! People like that need to give others a hard time to make themselves feel better. If you weren't trained properly, how is it your fault? Hugs!! Keep your chin up. Something better will come along.

Busy day here... we hosted an exchange student from Germany this school year and her parents are coming tonight. They are staying at our house for a few days before they take a vacation to Hawaii and then the Grand Canyon before leaving back to Germany. It's been a good experience for everyone having her live with us. It's hard to believe that it's already time for her to return home.

We took her to Medeval Times dinner show tonight. I ordered the vegetarian dish which was great! It was basically chili without meat and added extra beans n rice.

I did low carb up until yesterday. Friday night is pizza night at our house. So I decided to try the gluten free crust. That was surprisingly good too. I wasn't half as bloated as I normally am after eating pizza!

Didn't get my steps in, but did a lot of cleaning, so hopefully that counts for some of it.

Hope you all are enjoying the long weekend!

- Lisa