Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,336 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

I saw something "easy" to make on Facebook and I thought hey that would be good for church bake sale. It was a FB fail except for the face that they would taste good if you dont look at them. It involved a bowl, and tray getting knocked over. Next time I make cookies.

Missy - so glad your mother and grandmother are doing well. That is a real relief.

okay tomorrow is Friday, which is a lot.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,855 Member
    Options
    w6xcq6j6kzg3.jpeg
    *** May 5 ***

Hello everybody~~

TGIF !

Sara - sorry to hear of the kitchen calamity. Glad to hear that tooth is in and happy. There's something about losing a good dentist. I haven't recovered from losing mine a year ago.

Waves to all who follow 🌊

*⛱️tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later at the Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour 🌴*

Lana

271.6 salt & bread
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Friday,

Cinco de Mayo time??? oooh that means Margaritas and Tequila shots.

Yard sale starts early tomorrow so no sleeping in for me. It is supposed to rain so hope it wont keep people away, but at least it wont be so hot like last year.

Not a tech person but I uploaded the uber app on my phone added my gift cards people gave me. Now I need to make sure I have the correct address for Thursday's eye apt. I will add Lyft app as well but after I have used up my gift card money. I have decided to use the $$ to go places not have food delivered as that is too dangerous.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    bpv9qbuej0w5.jpeg
    *** May 6th ***

Happy Saturday~~

I promised myself that today will be some fun things and not just drudgery on the do list.
    Sara - I hope that your yard sale goes well. Is this at the church?

Waves to all who stop by later on 🌸

Lana

270.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Yard sale was at church, long morning, but prices were so low that a lot of things went.

I made pancakes for dinner, had hamburger on bbq offer from church for lunch. No fruit or vegetables today. I get negative nutrition points, but I did walk 6k.

Tomorrow after church I will have coffee with friend who was a no show last time, he says he has a lot of grocery bags for our food pantry.

• Samjbooksy
    Samjbooksy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Dear Sam~~

Oh goodness - to hear of your struggles with long covid! 💖💖💖

Welcome to our little group. We are helping each other out, one day at a time 👍🏻

Where do you live? I'm in the middle north of NC west of Raleigh.

Lana

Heya, thanks for the welcome - I am in the West Midlands in the UK, so just enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend as most Brits are Im sure!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another long day away from home. It does make my weekend seem longer.

Had coffee with Stephen. He was making 8 dollars more an hour as a temp and that was just too much to hear so my homework this week is to create a brand new resume.

Water was too hot for pizza dough and it is still okay but only just.

Sam - glad you had a long weekend.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Here I am, bringing up the rear.
    Today was a lost day. I guess that's what Sundays are for.

Tomorrow is another day 😁

Lana

270.4 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday All!

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Had a very productive weekend. Got my yard mowed and some house cleaning done. Still plenty to do. I’ve been tracking my food in both WW and MFP last week. It’s interesting to see that one I’m within calories, while the other I’m over points. I think I need to just eat more zero point foods. And unfortunately need to cut back on the store bought ice cream. Need to figure out how to work my Ninja Ice Cream maker so I can make my own “healthier” ice cream.

Going to get more spring cleaning done this week and hopefully ready to paint my interior walls by the end of the month. Then maybe start working on that patio I always wanted after the painting is done.

Lana - hopefully you got some relaxation time.

Sam - welcome! long covid is awful hopefully you find some relief soon.

Sara - always good to have a fresh updated resume just in case. Sorry to hear that. Crazy how a temp makes more. It’s frustrating.

Hope everyone has a magnificent Monday!

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Missy! I'm inspired by your ambition to get things done!

I've got another plumber coming today to hopefully unclog the kitchen drain - I think that it is beyond the wall. Also, he is going to re-install the dishwasher so that it is back into the hole farther and is straight and level. Crossing all my fingers.

Fruit and veggies are on the shopping list 🍎

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

267.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening.

Lana - that you needed 2 different men to get your dishwasher to your liking says very little about man #1.

Missy- good for you....keep going on the to do list. I always feel better if I have a new resume or apply for a job- releases some of the mental pressure.

Spoke with father about temping and he didnt know things were so bad - he is retired and lives under a rock. Told me to stay put for the short term.

Leftover pancakes are good anytime and they were dinner. Plain nothing added - needed a glass of water to drink but they were yummy.

First potential shawl is done, second was started last night.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    r5qqgwrpmpe5.jpeg
    *** May 9 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - My father would say the same thing. They are of a generation where "security" is everything.
    Do you know whether the people who temp (and make more per hour) are receiving any health care benefits from their agency?
    Definitely brush up your resume, and do some very stealth job hunting, just to see what's out there for the type of work you do.

Well, Ken the plumber was very nice and knew his business. He did snake the drain line beyond the wall, and the dishwasher situation has been much improved. I am so grateful to be able to run a load of dishes!! Thankful for those things I take for granted.

Today is routine cardiologist checkup.

Wishing all a good Tuesday!

Lana

268.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - so glad the dishwasher has been improved by a decent guy. Nice to use that appliance again...

Temps get no benefits, and I could buy insurance, but again no job security.

Must go wash hair, I let the evening slip away from me.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    6gknbiouheu2.jpeg
    *** May 10 ***

Well here we are at the middle of the week!

I'm still half asleep.....
    Scale is creeping back up; I'll blame the salty late-night snacks.

Lana

270.2 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Wednesday!

Week is flying by. Doing good with my food. Day 2 of no ice cream and day 3 of no soda. Been walking 15-20 minutes during my lunch this week. Hopefully the scale cooperates this week. Looked at old photos of my thin self and wanted to cry. But motivation to keep going. I’m getting closer to turning 40 in a couple of years and it’s starting to sink in that I’m not in my 20s anymore. And I’m not feeling the best.

Lana and Sara so true that job security was a big thing back then. I’m learning that one can’t be complacent in one job. What if something happens.

Hope everyone has a great night!

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy, I hear you. Someone said I need to get a year at least of higher pay before I retire to get a better Social Security check. So I am waiting for this friend to get in and make probation and get a report on the job. Good work on keeping the danger food away.

Last night was a technology dont. Uber says I can reserve a ride. So far that has failed for an apt tomorrow. Two friends more phone savvy than me had same problem and moron on "uber chat" was pointless and I have yet to hear an answer. My solution is to stand at the place I need to order and uber right then and if that fails have the taxi company phone #.

Sleep was bad last night. Gee really? Rolling eyes at my sarcasm.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Good Morning!

Urgh technology. I’ve never used Uber. I probably be lost. My ex drove for Lyft as a second job.

Last night I relaxed in my Adirondack chair and started reading a new to me book. I like it so far!

• mkemler15
    mkemler15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just made a new username and am going to try to make this my last start. I really want /need to get this right and become a healthy man.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Uber was toast today, so I had the phone # for a taxi, he lives nearby. I have another apt in 6 weeks so dr can see what "normal" is, my dr quit.

While in the eye chair I thought the dr was shaking the chair with his leg - it was an earthquake. The lady behind the front desk asked as I was leaving. Strong enough to have damage - but it was not in an urban area, so no reports of damage yet.

What a fun day. Had Teriyaki chicken for lunch and dinner.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane.
  • gemwolf110
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Good Morning!

All is good here. Haven’t had ice cream since Monday and no soda since Sunday. Vet appointment yesterday. My older dogs blood pressure is down to a healthy range thanks to the new medication they put her on. Other dog has to go back for an ultrasound due to her tummy troubles.

Sara - well that’s kinda scary that happened while in the chair! And that’s not cool with Uber.

Mkemler15 - I did the same thing a few years back to reset. Sometimes a fresh start is needed. Welcome back and you’ve got this.