Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    sp0n543bxtmi.jpeg
    *** June 12 ***

Hey Y'all 🌺

Amber - oh I bet your lilac soap smells amazing! I miss having lilacs. I'm from upstate NY, where I grew up with a huge lilac bush in the back yard. It seems they don't grow here in NC because the winters aren't cold enough for long enough.

Lisa - yay for new couches! Three weeks isn't bad really 👍🏻

Sara - wishing you a good beginning to the week 💖

Waves to all who stop by today 🌴

Lana

269.0 today
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Hi! I first joined MFP 10 years ago and over the course of two years lost 120lbs. Over the last 8 years I have put ALL of it back on! I'm so cross at myself for letting it slowly creep back on, after all the hard work I put into losing it the first time! I'm back on MFP to do the slog all over again. I've so far lost about 7lbs over the last three weeks.
    Please feel free to add me as a friend so I can have some support on my newsfeed, it really helped me last time :)
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Back to being a code monkey!

Weights today at lunch. I was considering doing it in the morning again, but dang, I really just need to have coffee in the morning first!

Lana - We are able to have lilacs here in Idaho, and I am planning on some bushes as soon as we find a place to buy! Our daughter lives in Charlotte, and we always love seeing stuff like camellias and all the green down there!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Amber

• lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello and good morning all. Today is hubby’s birthday and we are going out to dinner. Wish me luck with eating lol

Amber I totally understand about the coffee and support that 100% 😂. I also need to get better about using weights, but dang they are just so heavy 😁

Lemur, so sorry to hear about the total gain of what you lost! That’s my fear bc I always seem to be on that roller coaster of loss and gain. I really pray that I can get it off and keep it off for good this time.

18 days till the cruise and still hovering at 200.5. I really want 5 more pounds off before I go! I know that I will gain on vacation and I’m prepared for working hard when I get back.

Waving hi to Lana and Sara!

Let’s have a good eating and exercise day all!!

- Lisa
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2023
    Options
    OMG - Wait a minute!
    Lisa!
    I missed the part about the cruise! (I am over the hill)
    How did I miss news about your cruise? Please share where you are going and on what ship!!!
    I will be going with you vicariously, for sure! 🛳️

*Cabana Boys are packing all seven of Lana's steamer trunks to go sailing with Lisa.....🌴......
    Also packing Sara to go along as well!*

🛳️
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Amber - Oh, it must be beautiful in Idaho 💖
    I have not yet been there, but I would love to.
    My Bestie lives in Lander, Wyoming, and I want to make a voyage west from her sometime in the next two years....
    🌴
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I got a lot of beads from church so I went and bought colored elastic thread to make bracelets for the church to sell and for me to sell if/when I can.

I already have 5k today and I may hit 6k. Not bad considering it doesnt feel like I have been doing much.

** Waiting for Lana and her friends to come pick me up and take me out of this town......*

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • tech_hunter
    Options
    Good morning, everyone!

Lisa, definitely do weights if you can! Start really light, you can even start with bodyweight, that's what I did years ago. I started out with NerdFitness. So excited to hear where you are going on your cruise! I don't think I could do a cruise; I am very uncomfortable around water, I probably would not sleep!

Lana - if my husband was able to live anywhere, his first choice is Lander, WY, you should definitely go! It is so cute there, and last time we visited, we went on a hike up Sinks Canyon, just gorgeous!

Sara - have fun with those beads, I used to do beaded jewelry as a hobby, I don't think I could see them very well now, haha! I need my glasses for everything now, it is weird.

Have a great day!

Amber

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello everyone ....

Lisa - interesting about Lander. I've been there many times, and years ago I did hike that Sinks Canyon area. It is beautiful around Lander, but at my age, it is too isolated and doesn't have the healthcare I need. This past winter they got a scary amount of snow.

Oh Sara - if I could, I would come and scoop you up 🤗

*flopping onto favorite lounge chair in the corner of The Club 🌴*

Lana

268.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Got through to the state disability system. I acted stupid. Rolling my eyes but I am so glad that is done.

Walked my 5k before lunch so I had a nap and a lie down the rest of the day. Reading or beading on tap for tonight.

Beads - I need a magnifying glass but I already have one.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    jdhkj3oolvu5.jpeg
    *** June 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - you had a good day yesterday, what with scoring your steps early and getting the state thing done.
    What are you going to make with the beads? Oh wait, did you say you are making bracelets?

Decades ago, my bestie Monica made me a necklace of mostly amethyst beads. I have broken it at least three times (losing some beads each time).
    Each time I break it, I go to the bead store, buy a bunch of complimentary beads and some wire, and rebuild it. I then take it back to the store, and they knot and finish it off for me (no clasp).
    Well I broke it again last week. This time I leaned over in the car, and it swung and got caught on the parking brake handle.... Ugh!

Time to get going.....

Lana

268.6 today
  • tech_hunter
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Been an early, busy day! Have some minor issues at work that we are ironing out, I have a great team to work with, it makes such a difference!

Cleaned up the kitchen this morning, got a pork loin in the crock pot so I don't have to do much for dinner. Got weightlifting today in a bit. Yesterday I actually walked twice (!) and did some yoga, which focused on core and balance, two very weak spots for me!

Have a great day!

Amber

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got 4k in. Cleaned out fridge. That things holds a lot of stuff...

Started a rust scarf- something different.

Tomorrow is up for grabs, but walking is involved.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm off work today. I have got lots of errands to run but I am determined to get a good workout in. I've been too busy the last few days to do any form of exercise other than walking around.
    I logged a 2lb loss yesterday so that has given me some motivation to make good choices today.
    Hope everyone has a lovely day!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    wmp5hu2rm4z3.jpeg
    *** June 15 ***

Good morning Sara and Amber ☀️

Congratulations to Lemur Lady for your great weigh in 🎉

Waving to Missy and Lisa and Jenna and Tara and all who stop by later on 🌴

Lana

269.2 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone, it’s been a crazy busy week. I had to go up north for work so I was out of touch a bit.

Lana, I think I mentioned before we’re taking the western Caribbean cruise at the end of June. We are on the Grandeur of the Seas. And don’t feel bad, I am 50 so my memory doesn’t serve me that well all the time either lol.

Sara, I love making jewelry! I enjoy making beaded jewelry and I also enjoy making chain maille jewelry. Although the chain maille takes a toll on my hands so I can do a bit at a time.

Lemur, congrats on the loss!!

Amber, I have started doing “counter push-ups” where I angle my body at the kitchen counter and push up. I try to do some everyday. Gotta get those flabby arms to stop flapping.

But the biggest news is…. Drum roll please….

199.6 today 🎉 😍 💕.

I weighed myself three times to make sure lol because I was totally prepared to see a 1 pound or so gain because I was out of town a few days this week and ate out, and fully expected to see that little bit of a gain from water retention. But there it was 199.6. I go to the weight-loss doctor tomorrow, so I’m gonna try really hard today.

Hope everybody has a great day!!

- Lisa
  • tech_hunter
    Options
    Good late morning everyone!

Sara - yay for cleaning the fridge, I hate cleaning mine, but man, it makes me feel so much better!

Lisa - My under-arm flaps surely could be used as wings, I swear! I am hoping the weights will tighten up all my flabby areas again.

Busy with work, today is yoga day, and hopefully I will get a walk in. My weight is not budging right now, very stubborn, but keeping on with my food logging and being very careful about what I eat. I just figure I have to outlast my fat cells.

Have a great day!

Amber

• Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2023
    Options
    Happy Friday

Gardeners are out mowing lawn all day - I try and stay out and about on Fridays, but I have too much to do inside. I always pay with allergies.

Okay, the kitchen counter push ups are on my to do list.

Lisa you are in the one hundred club !! Keep up the good work.

It is finally June again with normal temps.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    62srbgx3j2jb.jpeg
    *** June 16 ***

Lisa - Congratulations on touching down in Onederland!! That is fabulous!
    The Grandeur cruise will be so much fun~ 🛳️

Amber - you are so very close to Onederland! Cheering you on!

Sara - you're smart to stay inside when they mow!

Waves to all who stop by today 👋🏻

*🌺The Cabana Boys are getting ready for our Friday Happy Hour....foot massages for all~~ 🌴⛱️*

Lana

269.4 today

• tech_hunter
    Options
    Happy Friday all!

Lana - a foot massage sounds like the best thing right now! I am close to the 100s, but it's like pulling teeth without pain killer, I swear the perimenopause sucks.

Last weightlifting day for the week! My squats are at 95 lbs, but I haven't been going lower because I tweaked my knee moving stuff, but today, I think I finally hit my normal depth!

Not sure what I am doing this weekend, but I picked up a nice package of ground lamb, and have been wanting this to mix with our grass-fed ground beef and make gyro meat. I think I will be doing that tomorrow. I LOVE gyro salads!

Have a great evening!

Amber