Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    02pvbj5qi77o.jpeg
    *** June 17 ***

Oh, my. Well, one eye is open.....

Amber, your gyro meat and salads sound very yummy and healthy!
    You are inspiring me to change up from my usual chicken this weekend 😁

Time for more coffee 😋

*🌴 tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Got 4k without trying too hard. Really wanted to sleep so that is a victory.

Last shawl of the spring is almost done, just too hot to start another one.

Food choices are improving and I am doing 15 kitchen counter push ups a day. Have to start somewhere.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bz9qu07sp75d.jpeg
    *** June 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - 15 kitchen counter push ups/day is more than I am doing, for sure, so I applaud you! 🏆

I am feeling so foggy-headed. I cannot imagine doing the necessary social things I must do today.

*waving at Philippe for more strong coffee 🌴*

Have a good day everyone 🌺

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Thank you for reminding me to do my 15 today.... Worked at the Food pantry and got 4k in steps amazing how they add up.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • tech_hunter
    tech_hunter Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good evening!

Sara, counter pushups are awesome, they make my noodle arms feel a lot stronger! That and working at the food bank is a lot of moving!

Lana, I hope the fog clears. I sometimes get that on weekends, I think when you have a very involved week, it just catches up with you.

I missed checking in yesterday, I made 2 batches of soap, cherry vanilla and cider and oak barrel. Basement smells amazing. The gyro meat was a success. A big plus is that the homemade seems like much less fat, but still tastes great. It took about 5 hours though. I ended up with 2 - 2 1/2 pound loaves that I sliced up and packaged for the freezer. So we have 3 more full dinners plus extra in each for hubby's lunches!

Today was church and took a nice drive to look at properties. It is a good way to get out and we get to see different little towns.

Have a great evening!

Amber

201 (YAY! So close, maybe 100s by the end of the week?)
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    2lx6pg61syra.jpeg
    *** June 19 ***

Good morning all~~

Maybe I'll have to see about these counter push-ups you speak of.

Sara - you are doing well with getting your steps in!

Amber - Oh I bet your house/basement smells heavenly indeed!
    Are you in real estate that you are looking at properties, or are you looking for yourself/family to move?

Waves to Missy and Lisa and all who stop by today 🌼

Lana

268.0 today
  • tech_hunter
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Lana - We just moved to the area, so we are looking for a new place for ourselves. We are renting right now to get to know the area.

Well, pretty darned good day today. Crazy work day, putting out fires, haha! I have had a pain in my side all day, hope I don't have a rib out. I was still able to do my weightlifting, surprisingly, but if I inhale deeply or twist my back to look around behind me, it zings me.

Have a great evening!

Amber

202.8 (Ah, the yoyo. Well, water will come off and I was on point with my diet today!)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Did counter push ups, laundry, ran dishwasher, read, and got my oil changed. Rest of the day I knitted and slept.

Wind was really strong last night hence the headache.

Scale down again and I will gladly take it. Stopped the after dinner munch fest for awhile.

Got over 4k which considering I slept so much is encouraging.

• LanaCabana537
    edited June 2023
    Options
    r9c84uxrwd2p.jpeg
    *** June 20 ***

Good morning all~~

Today I'm going on an adventure: driving to Norfolk, VA to do my Global Entry application interview. Norfolk had appointments available, unlike the two NC locations.

Lucky me gets to drive the whole way in the rain. Boo hoo~

Wishing y'all a good day 🌼

Lana

269.2 yikes!
  • tech_hunter
    Options
    Good evening!

Pretty good day today, it was 65 degrees here today and tonight we are supposed to get a frost, so I need to bring my tomatoes in to the garage. I had to get a blanket while working, it got cold! I love it, I used to live in Montana, so no biggie.

Really good food day and did get a yoga session in, a fiery 20 minutes working the core! I had to adjust some things and couldn't hold the poses the whole time, but I think I did pretty good.

Tomorrow is hump day! Have a great evening!

Amber

• lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I was out of town all weekend. Super busy crazy. Our two kids are in San Diego and they got an apartment together so we took them furniture shopping at IKEA and of course had to buy stuff that needed to be put together so we spent a lot of time doing that. I ate pretty good while being out of town. I didn’t overdo it but I still ate what I wanted to just not as much and ended up splitting meals with the kids. I guess I shouldn’t really call them kids because they’re 21 lol.

But today, I’m trying to do low-carb again. I managed to run on the elliptical and yes I do mean run for 15 minutes with a five minute cool down. I was quite amazed that I was actually able to go as hard as I did for as long as I did!!

Sara, lovin the counter push ups that’s what I do for my arm exercises. Maybe someday I’ll be able to do it on the floor lol.💪🏻

Lana, when you’re one post said you had one eye open, my immediate thought was oh my god did you get an eye infection lol 😂😂. Then I realized you meant because you were only half awake lol

Amber, it sounds like you’re doing great keeping up with your exercise routine! 🎉

10 days till the cruise, so I have to run every day and not even miss one day because I want to build up my stamina for the tours we’re going to do of the ruins. I know there’s going to be a lot of walking and up and down the steps and I Gotta do what I can to build up that stamina. I did buy some clothes. My one dress was a little bit tight but it’s a stretchy dress. I’m hoping it’ll fit a little better before I go but I’m still gonna take it regardless because hubby loved how it hugged my hips. 😜

Hope everyone has a great evening!

❤️. Lisa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Eye glasses dr went well, no big changes used my benefits and got a second pair so now one is bright blue and one is cranberry/brown.

Slug day. Slept a lot and sinus headache is not just congestion which is appreciated.

Tomorrow I have no apts so I will attempt to be a busy bunny and get my steps in.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    e20kyduai8l7.jpeg
    *** June 21 ***

Here we are at the middle of the week~~

Sara - how excellent that you will have two new pairs of eyeglasses! I am envious!!

Lisa - if you can run right now for 15 minutes, you will be fine for the ruins ✅ What a blessing that your two kids are able to live together - and San Diego is a great place to be, I hear. Good for them~

Amber - You did well with your yoga! Yes, protect those precious tomatoes 🍅 😋

My round trip to Norfolk went well yesterday. I almost gave up 20 minutes into the trip--the rain was that bad, but soon I was through it, and the remainder of the day went well. It was an enjoyable little
    adventure.

Today will be a day off goofing off 😜

Lana
  • lwhelan2018
    Options
    Hi all 👋

Lana - glad you had a good trip to Norfolk! Jealous of the goofing off. Hubby worked from home today and I was slammed with meetings. When he WFH he is just on call in case a tool goes down. Otherwise he gets to hang out.

Sara - new glasses are nice!
    I wore glasses for over 40 years and last year I had eye surgery to correct it. I was legally blind without glasses or contacts and my Rx was so expensive! I just Love not having to worry about it anymore.

Amber - one of these days I’m going to try Yoga. I think it would help lower my stress too.

I still plan on doing the elliptical today. Bought more berries and veggies to get me thru the week. Might not get to 195 before the cruise but that’s ok.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

💕. Lisa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Saw a # on the scale I have not seen in a very long time and it is a low# not a high#.

Shawl is done and I made 2 crocheted "necklaces" in a rainbow colored yarn (each section was a color of the rainbow in the order of colors) and another bracelet. Now I have only small projects to work on when it gets so hot.

I am making the hair salon lady an ankle bracelet - she might let me sell things I make at her place, we shall see.

Lana -glad you got your apt taken care of. I have not had a complete slug day this week, but they are necessary.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    y23wm600ddp5.jpeg
    *** June 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Well it's raining cats and dogs here in NC, so if anyone is having a sunny day, please enjoy it for me!

Sara - Congratulations on seeing a good number on your scale!! 🎉🏆

Lisa - I too have worn glasses/contacts for my entire life. What type of surgery did you have? Was it retinal surgery or cataract or something on the lens of the eye?
    I am happy for you that you are free of the eyeglasses!

Time to jump in the shower....

Waves to all who stop by today ⛱️🌴

Lana

270.0 ugh
  • lwhelan2018
    Options
    Hi all!

Hi all! Plenty of sunshine here in AZ!

Lana - I had lens replacement surgery it’s basically the same as cataracts but for me it was not necessary because I didn’t have cataracts and I was not a candidate for Lasik. I was tired of paying $600 for a new pair of glasses and plus contacts and everything else that comes with it so I had that surgery done. And the lenses that I got are actually multifocal so I don’t need readers. Happy me!!

Sara - congrats on the scale 🎊🎉. I also enjoy making jewelry in my spare time when I have spare time lol do you do beading or chain work or what kind of jewelry do you like to make?

Today I was so busy with work I didn’t even get to eat lunch. Let’s keep in mind that I work from home and I still did not have time to eat lunch, which only involves walking down the hallway and grabbing a few things.

I had hubby pick up some steaks at the grocery store to grill tonight. I made some squash. Looking forward to dinner!

Hope everyone has a great evening

❤️💕. Lisa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Just started making bracelets. One type is crocheted (I just started making necklaces that tie in the back of the neck for church sale), the other is beaded.

I made one bracelet, and 2 ankle bracelets and I may make a little $$.

Looking for work in retail as well, salaries are not too far off from what I was doing and is less of a mental headache.

Got 4k in today- not quite sure how but that's what it says......

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    vvwdhfqoku8a.jpeg
    *** June 23 ***

TGIF ! Good morning all~~

Sara - retail is a good idea--something different from that old grind~

Lisa - Thank you SO much for the info on your eye surgery. I never heard of the possibility of getting multifocal lenses. Amazing!

I want to go on a walk today when it won't be raining on my pointy head!

*flagging down Cabana Boy for more coffee ⛱️*

Lana

269.8 today

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Steps are high 3300 considering I didnt do much.

Resisting the tempting Friday foods that people have when they go out to eat.