Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Dont even want to know how hot it is. Would not help.

Green beans for lunch with rest of my chicken. Dinner still a mystery.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,897 Member
    Options
    occ8k0wa402d.jpeg
    *** July 13 ***

Good morning! ☀️

Sara - Do what you can to keep cool and get through your days - big hugs 🤗

I feel off today, but it is early. Hopefully my mood will straighten out. I've got the plan for the day mapped out - it includes a short walk and some water exercise....

Waves to Lisa and Missy and all who stop by later on 👋🏻

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later ⛱️*

Lana

269.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Next 4 days are over 100 worst is Sat at 109. I am not a good water drinker, but it will just have to happen.

Got 6k again today - not sure about over 100 degrees and that much walking but I will try.

Dragons boss is back and I heaved a sigh of relief. The poor lady who had to pitch hit was milk toast and had no real ability to discipline dragons.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    2blysy2qgwnm.png

Happy Friday All~~

Sara - the next few days would be a good time to stay inside and get your steps by dancing!!
    Turn up that disco music and have at it!! 😜 and don't worry too much if you don't hit your step goal--it's much better to be safe.
    I just heard on the radio some story of a young family who went hiking somewhere, underestimating what the heat can do, and they were found dead out there a day or two later..... Yikes!

I just got some Hoka sandals and they have the velcro adjustment straps. Quite comfy even at my weight - something to wear when I want to throw on a long cotton dress instead of pants/shoes to go out into the world.

Hey Missy - how are you and the puppers doing up north?

Lana

268.4 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

Lana, that’s a horrible situation. Unfortunately here in Arizona that happens. Or people have to be airvac’d out due to heat exhaustion. Today’s high is 113, typical July afternoon in AZ. So I made sure to get all my errands done this morning.

Went to the weight loss doctor today I only gained like half a pound since the last time I was there, which I don’t think it’s too bad. I managed to get off all but 1.5 pounds from the cruise. I think that’s pretty good because it’s not like I was trying real hard, but since I went to see the doc today I’m back to the grind. I went to the grocery store, bought a lot of fruits and vegetables and salads.

Hoping everyone stays cool it’s a hot summer. Take care and I will check in with you all later. Hugs.

Lisa

199 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

97 at 7pm -this is the beginning of a truly HOT day tomorrow. Early errands. Home reading/napping/bracelet making.

Will go to International Store and get a couple of things including Mexican soda. I drink too much coffee on the weekend anyways and tomorrow is not a good day for coffee.

Lisa - good job at Dr apt.

Lana - taking in nature is a good thing, not being prepared is not good. Dancing is a possibility tomorrow.

Dragon was having secret meetings with coworkers today. Got a little worried and perturbed and then I decided it was not my problem. TGIF

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Saturday,

It is supposed to be 109 today. Never cooled off last night. Inside since before lunch and I am not going anywhere.

I feel for people whose jobs are outside on days like this.

Scale was kind so I am trying not to tempt fate.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane (and cool) out there
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Stayed after church to assist with the food pantry coming up Tuesday. I got my 5k. It is 107 and the "day" is not over they are saying 108. Just not a day to be out on the asphalt.

Will set up food tomorrow for lunch. Read and call it a night.

Wishing all a good evening. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    mn3ms9v3vov5.jpeg
    *** July 17 **

Good morning all~

Wow - I totally forgot to post this weekend.

Well nothing new here. Same old summer stuff. Hot, humid, but not as hot as Sacramento!!! Jeez those are some temps Sara.
    Lisa, I bet it's toasty in Arizona too.

I got some really pretty asparagus yesterday.....also bought some junk, but I put that in the cabinets and will enjoy it a little bit at a time.

*tossing beach bag onto lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

267.8 today
  • lwhelan2018
    Options
    Hello everyone happy Monday. I was so busy over the weekend. I didn’t even log my food or stop by to say hi to everyone. So sorry about that!

Sara that’s a good outlook to have that it’s not your problem! Let her have all the meetings she wants lol.

Lana, you can keep that asparagus! Not a fan lol.

So I’m struggling with getting back into my eating and exercise routine. I’m doing good for now and I do good during the day but it’s in the evening that I really struggle. I’ve been snacking on cereal when I want a snack which is good and bad. Good because it’s better than eating cookies, but it’s Cap’n Crunch so it’s not like it’s something I should be snacking on. I’m concerned that I am at a point, and it’s a critical point. Because this is what I can feel happening…. That point where I feel like I’ve worked so hard and I deserve a break from dieting and exercising and that’s how things creep back up on me. I know this about myself. I am recognizing it now. I just have to stay focused and strong. But it’s really hard I’m not gonna lie.

I need some strength and positivity because I want to lose my next 35 pounds before Christmas.

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - I talk to myself all the time, so I figured I could post to myself as well. Asparagus!! Enjoy.

Lisa - stick with us here as you get to your crisis point of " I deserve this" and can possibly travel down another rabbit hole. Can you exercise more and equal your wants with extra exercise? 35 pounds is possible but you can only make detours and fall off the wagon for a day or two.

End of rant.

We get a couple days off from the heat but it is July. I will bake some chicken before bedtime to use in salad for lunch.

Got teeth cleaned and as I ran out of dental benefits (one very expensive root canal in April), but having just seen the connection with dental plaque and dementia and some other illnesses. I will just have to do without something to pay for it.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2023
    Options
    fb2jbwhushqz.jpeg
    *** July 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - good for you about the teeth cleaning - you are right about that oral bacteria-dementia connection. Kindof creepy, isn't it?
    Stay in the air conditioning today 💖

Lisa - what would you think of having protein snacks in the evening? nuts or cheese + apple + milk?
    --things that will fill you up if you're hungry, but without sugar?
    (eating sugar can make me want to eat more)

I'm grateful for a cheerful, sunny morning here. Time to get going.

Lana

267.0 today
  • lwhelan2018
    Options
    Hi ladies, and anyone who stops by!

So last night I did not cave, and I did not eat garbage late at night. I managed to just have some blueberries, and sugar-free Jell-O. I was very proud of myself as hard as it was. I resisted the garbage.

This morning I got up, dragged myself out of bed and got on the elliptical and ran for about 17 minutes. I won’t lie… I was sleep running lol. But again, proud of myself for making myself do it as much as I wanted to lay in bed another 10 minutes I got up. Let’s hope I can keep this up for the rest of the year.

I greatly appreciate your love and support Sara and Lana! That’s why we’re here to support each other. Good times and bad right?
    Sara, that reminds me that I need to do the same, get my teeth cleaned!!
    Lana, yes. Working on my snack hacks with better options!

I bought a bunch of vegetables and I cleaned all the radishes today. I love radishes, but this batch was super spicy like holy cow spicy.

Taking a lunch break real quick and I got to get back to work. Have a great day all.

Lisa 🌵

• mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Well, I’ve let another year go by and added another 10 lbs. so almost half of what I lost in 2020. Ugh.

Only one solution, of course—time to get back on MFP.

I’m loving Charlotte. Bought a house, one son has moved in (yay!). It’s summer and I’m walking and jogging 5-7 miles most days. Have had huge problems with hunger and just need to buckle down and make those salads.

I hope to see old friends here.

Maureen
    CW: 200
    Gw: 150
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cooler for a couple of days. Nice and appreciated.

Had a lot of salad, lost weight, could not stand to see salads for a long time. Need to rely less on salad and so I can keep the overall good eating long term. Still trying to see how that will manifest itself.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    e7bzqr9uiusg.jpeg
    *** July 19 ***

Good morning all~~

Lisa - aren't radishes a crazy vegetable with that spiciness? I never think to get them, but I will look today at the farmer's market

Sara - happy for you that the temp have lowered a bit - continue to take good care of yourself! 🤗

Maureen!! So nice to "see" you again. Sounds like you need more protein woman! and some healthy fat with it Glad to hear that you are loving being in Charlotte.
    Keep your eye on the air quality reports as you do those miles. 🧡

I have some daunting paperwork to do today. Blechhhhh!

Lana

268.8 what!?
  • lwhelan2018
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Happy hump day!!

So I found out why I was struggling with eating the past few days and for the lack of weight loss…. My aunt flow showed up unannounced. I hadn’t had that in months bc I have an IUD. Guess it’s time for the 1-2 times a year I get it. Hopefully she packs up and leaves by Friday bc we are going camping.

Hi Maureen! Glad to hear you are loving life in Charlotte and nice to meet you virtually.

Sara I’m with you on the salad.. it’s difficult at times to eat it. I bought some spaghetti squash and just love it! That helps a lot to change it up. I also bought some yellow squash and zucchini and I sauté it with onions and pine nuts with Mediterranean spices… now that’s good stuff.

Lana, I hate paperwork lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I just eat raw veggies rather than a salad. Maybe a tomato and some mushrooms, like they are chips (the mushrooms). I need to get frozen veggies too, which I love. I eat a whole bag at once, sometimes with a little salad dressing, or maybe just pepper.

Lana, I definitely need more protein. I really struggle bc I don’t like most meats or even poultry. Can tolerate chicken and tuna, but that’s about it. I worry about losing muscle mass down the road.

Anyway, I’m back on the wagon and other than feeling hungry a lot (which is where the frozen vegetables come in), am doing well. Trying to keep mileage between 5-6 bc I don’t need to do more and it just makes me hungrier.

Maureen
    Sw: 200
    CW: 197
    Goal: 150
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Well fudge, hit the wrong key and it just goes away.....Got 6k which explains the long nap.

I am having soup to go cups with a breakfast sandwich for lunch 3 days this week.

I am also working OT on Saturday. I told boss I wanted some of those goodies I cant afford anymore. No details. I will be all alone (no boss) on Saturday. Crank up the earplugs. I have not done OT in ages and I want to be able to say I am a team player. Part of that comment makes me go :unamused: but money is money.

• lwhelan2018
    Options
    Good morning all happy Thursday! Going camping, I mean glamping 🤣 this weekend with friends to escape the heat a bit! Looking forward to that!

I got up this morning and hopped on the elliptical first thing and ran about 15 minutes. Worked up a good sweat. I’m gonna try to work hard today lol but I have a lot to do to get ready for camping

Sara, OT sounds good, especially if no one’s really going to be there. My husband had to work overtime last weekend so his paycheck this week will be really nice lol.

Maureen I struggle with protein as well. I really love cheese and that’s part of my downfall because I end up eating too much and then of course I have problems later lol. 🤣. I’ve been trying to drink my protein drinks more often.

Hoping everyone has a great day!

Lisa.

SW 237
    Today 197
    Goal 165