Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

100 degrees and almost 7pm -icky poo.

I am eating a small bowl of small frozen fruit pieces made by Wymans. It is just the thing to have for a hot day and if I have not had enough fruit/veg. It is a little pricey but every so often might help me get better food.

Little bird said it was Friday tomorrow. I know I would Saturday morning, but as no one is there it is still Friday. I will be looking for new things to try (food wise) at the International Market.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,859 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    dqard277vvhs.jpeg
    *** July 21 ***

Good morning all~~

Wow, there's only 10 more days in July? This month has flown!

Black beans are top-notch for protein, as are lentils. 👍🏻

Sara - the plan at work sounds good! I keep Wyman's blueberries in my freezer. My cousin John told me that they are different from the blueberries in the fresh fruit department--he married into the Wyman family, so he knows blueberries I guess. 😜

Waves to Lisa and Maureen~~

Lana

267.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I have sweated enough in this month so I am glad it is moving on.....

Wyman's eh? Need to keep that cousin of yours and his family 'in the money'. I am having today's serving with cottage cheese.

103 and the day is not done. worse tomorrow. I am having groceries delivered tomorrow. Part of me protests as I like to shop and I think getting it delivered is lazy. It is hot, I am old and I already paid for a year of service. Put my protests in the closet for this weekend.

Got 6k most of the days this week. Sleeping is so much easier.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe, sane, and cool out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    z8izbdd33m2x.jpeg
    *** July 22 ***

Good morning everybody 🌺

Sara - that is very wise of you to have your groceries delivered in this heat. Kudos to you for getting steps in also!

Well Lazy Lana ate pizza yesterday, and the salt has come home to roost. If I am mindful today, that water retention should work out. I'll see what healthy things are at the farmers market~

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana
    270.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Eating a single size pizza so you are not alone.

Learning what ingredients I should not see in my food to be anti inflammatory, that means more money, so I worked today.

hot hot and hottest day today. tomorrow not so bad for which I am pleased.

have 3k so far and will do my best.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe, sane and cool out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    xf0r4hqysgkc.jpeg
    *** July 23 ***

Ah - it's Sunday! Best day of the week ☀️

Sundays are the one day of the week when I truly feel it's OK to relax.

I hope that everyone can enjoy their day today~~

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lunch is kale salad mix with two hard boiled eggs chopped into it. Dinner - dont know.

Making crocheted belts from the same pattern I made friendship bracelets and necklaces. Easier work in hot weather and a bit of color on some dull Summer clothes.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2023
    Options
    soi1u1w3plj6.jpeg
    *** July 24 ***

Oy! It's Monday, and this will be a busy week. Today is eye doctor for new prescriptions. I need computer glasses.

Sara - Your kale salad mix sounds good. I got away from buying kale for no good reason--I love it! Thank you for the nudge!

Waves to whoever stops by later on to say hello 🌴

Lana

268.8 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I was camping over the weekend so I didn’t have reception. We went up north where it was a good 30° cooler and it was wonderful. Drove our camper up with some friends was really nice to escape the heat.

Definitely not ready for Monday or the rest of this week lol. I’m sticking to my plan, but I have zero motivation to do anything. I will still hop on the elliptical for a bit. So tired today!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Went and got meds at pharmacy (they call me 90 minutes after they closed last night (recording) to tell me I can pick up my meds. Luckily I stopped short of the car and went back inside to check if they were open. Smart girl.

Got 6k so week total is 12k. Forecast is for 90's all week which will be easier to keep the steps on track.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    x40qwuaxwacc.jpeg
    *** July 25 ***

Hello all

It's 5 months until Christmas! 🤣
    I like to tell myself that when it is beastly hot outside.

Today is a short trip up to NYC to take care of some business, returning on Thursday. The City is awful in the summer.

Lisa - how nice to have some time away from the heat!

Sara - glad that you will have better temps - still, continue to take good care of yourself 🤗

Time to get going ✈️

Lana

forgot to weigh!
  • lwhelan2018
    Options
    Hello snd happy Tuesday!

This morning I got up and did 15 min on the elliptical and then hopped in the shower before starting my work day. I need to do 30min but I’m working up to it. Tomorrow I will shoot for 20 min.

I don’t have much to update today other than my weight has unchanged for the last couple of days and it’s a bit of a bummer.

Lana, have a safe trip to NYC.

Sara, keep up the good work getting in your 6k!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Lisa 🌵

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lower temps for awhile make it easier. Got 6500 steps. I got up early without the alarm and went to work early. If I can walk in laps inside the building (I might be tempted to go home walking outside hahahaha) and get steps in so all I have to do is walk home, that is my plan.

Greek yogurt and granola for dinner.

Lana good luck with your travel and NYC visit. Think of all those airport steps you get in.

Lisa I have been at the same "decade" of poundage for too long, so I am pushing the steps up. To be the same for awhile is allowing your body to rest. Not a bad thing.

• lwhelan2018
    Options
    Hi all.

Got on the elliptical again this morning. Ran 16 min. Had cottage cheese and veggies for lunch. Will probably have a protein bar or shake too.

I bought the sugar free fudge cicles for dessert as I crave sweets after dinner.

Hope everyone has a great evening

Lisa 🌵
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana hope things are going okay in NYC and you got a lot of airport steps.

I got more than 6k today. I get extra steps in when I can even if it is only for 2 minutes. I is more than I used to get.

I had purchased claw fasteners for another project but will use them for the belts I just crocheted. I have a blister on one of my fingers from making so many, not sure if that will stop me.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Its Thursday - almost Friday.

Got my 6k. Cottage cheese and frozen fruit have been my go to in the heat for dinner - dont worry a baked potato for lunch with shredded chicken and cheese will stop those from worrying about me eating too few of calories.

Sleep much better with more steps, so this just needs to continue.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    n8t07j0jbh73.jpeg
    *** July 28 ***

Good morning all 🌼

It is so good to be home. NYC is no place for old ladies, especially in the sweltering heat. I was so fortunate to have both the up and down trips go completely on schedule--nice and slick. Yes, I clocked a lot of miles, but still managed to pack on a few pounds.
    Back to the drawing board.... I will never give up!

Sara - hope that your Friday flies by and you get into your restful weekend soon.

Waves to Lisa and Maureen and anyone else who stops by this after noon for the ⛱️ Friday Cabana Club Happy Hour 🌴

Lana

272.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Good evening,

TGIF with all the drinks with umbrellas and salt rims. Lana glad you got there and made it home. It is not as fun as it used to be dealing with airports and everyone in such a hurry, but it is nice to go somewhere.

Got 7k today, body is letting me know. Not sure how I got it but there it is.

Company has been losing too many people (they are cheap), so they gave all of us a 50 cent an hour raise. I said to my boss "how many drops of gasoline is that?" but I thanked her anyways.

Got myself back up on Linked in and remade some old connections. I have a feeling that it is who I know this time that will help me get a new job as I cannot compete well against the young whiz kids. They and I both have qualities are good and bad, but I think I need a 'connection' to help sell my case. We shall see.

Toes done tomorrow. That is always wonderful.

• LanaCabana537
    edited July 2023
    Options
    yoeaesnwgrf6.jpeg
    *** July 29 ***

Good morning everybody ☀️

Sara - you are right about connections - glad that you are turning in that direction for your next job.
    50 cents an hour is what percentage of your hourly rate... It's an insult really. Time to get out of there.
    Kudos to you for clocking so many steps!
    Enjoy your pedicure treat 🌺

Time for me to get going 🛺🏃🏼‍♀️🛶 Ha!

🌴Waves to anyone who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

271.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Light pink pastel toe nail polish today. I usually get darker but summer loans itself to lighter colors.

Not a lot of walking today. I will try and make up for it tomorrow.

Trying to steer a better course food wise. We shall see.

Wishing all a good night. Stays safe and sane out there.