Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,345 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Ethan Allen has decent furniture, glad you could take advantage of their sale and get a sofa you can crash on in total comfort.

I have almost 400 steps to go to 6k, so music may help. Too hot to go anywhere outside.

I have a loud yappy coworker, who is just too loud. Earphones on higher and I just let her yack her way through her probation period. New generation new rules. Shake my head.

I have some "extra time" tonight (while waiting for laundry) to look up food online. Thank you Lana for the idea.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,879 Member
    Options
    qr8dee9knlfc.jpeg
    *** August 17 ***

Hello All~~

Hey Sara - regarding the yappy co-worker, maybe you could quietly say something to her/ask her in a very kindly way to help you out. She may have no idea that she is affecting your ability to work. If you connect her with warmth and graciousness, she may be glad and accommodating that you reached out to her?
    I feel bad that it affects your work. Hugs.

Well my sister is out on her way to you on the Left Coast, Sara.
    We had a good visit together, and she kept me exercised and motivated. My bones and muscles are aching from the activity, but it got me going.
    Would you believe that we did 4.5 1000-piece jigsaw puzzles in 8 days? She got 2/3 of each puzzle. ๐Ÿคฃ

Lana

268.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana I could do many things with my coworker, but ignoring her seems to work the best and warmth and graciousness has left the building. One more reason to keep looking for that next job.

I have 2 baby blankets for someone who is bringing baby by work tomorrow, but I forgot to sew in the ends. Guess what I am doing tonight?

Too many of the jigsaw puzzles I had worked on were missing too many pieces, but I am glad you and your sister enjoyed yours. That is a lot of puzzles.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    3zbh97t9g5dp.jpeg
    *** August 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - That is a shame about work! Yes--Keep on searching for that next job!
    That's sweet about the two baby blankets. Mom and baby will enjoy them~

Time for another cup of coffee....

*๐ŸŒด Cabana Boys will be having a festive Happy Hour for us later, with some sultry Latin dancing, pillow fluffing, and foot massages ๐Ÿ˜‹ โ›ฑ๏ธ*

Lana

268.0 today

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Another Friday!! Foot massages from the Cboys sounds like a real treat. Got 6k today so the toes and ready and waiting.

Temps are coming down slightly but the humidity not so much. Strange weather is getting old, but just have to let things happen.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    3i4kfghacidl.jpeg
    *** August 19 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - watcha got planned for this weekend?

I'm staying at home and indulging myself with quiet, peaceful little activities.

*flopping on favorite lounge chair ๐ŸŒด*

Lana

269.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,405 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi all!
    Hope all is well! Canโ€™t believe it is already mid-August!
    Light is getting brighterโ€ฆ 3 weeks left of class then a break for 12 weeks yay ๐Ÿ˜€ Iโ€™ll get to enjoy my favorite season of fall!

Lana- sounds like a pleasant weekend!

Sara- hope the job search goes better, being in a job that isnโ€™t the best stinks.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

~ Missy and pups ๐Ÿถ

SW: 228.9
    CW: 214.2
    GW: 110
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Hello Missy - breaks from school are so wonderful especially since you are multi-tasking your brain!

Lana - it was Bunco day at church - I did not have the $$ but someone bought me a ticket. I won the door prize of 3 pretty boxes which is perfect to try and hide all my bracelet bead stuff.

Nap time.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Sunday

It is evening, hope everyone had a good day.

Fell asleep reading a book. I am not sure if that meant the book was boring or I was just meant to sleep.

Storm Hilary brings us overcast skies and humidity. Tomorrow is chance of rain??

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    mk43wvzbvgsb.jpeg
    *** August 21 ***

Good morning All~~

Sara - congrats on winning that door prize! -- what a mood booster, I would imagine.
    That would be interesting if that hurricane brought you some rain~

Missy!! - yes, the end of the tunnel is coming soon! And good for your for having the autumn off from classes. Yay ๐ŸŽ‰

Well, here it is Monday, and I have things to get done after a very lazy weekend. Grocery shopping will be followed by other errands....

Waves to everyone who stops by later on ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Lana

267.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening

Lana it rained last night and little this morning. Enough to make puddles and have run off. It was hotter outside this morning than inside. It is not as muggy as it has been and I am very pleased.

Still moving along I have 400 steps to get 6k so it will happen.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Happy Tuesday.

I was on hold to schedule my mammogram and danced to the phone music and got almost 1000 steps, take your chances when you get them. I have over 7k today.

First time in about a week we do not have the heavy humidity. Grateful for that.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hello All~~

I completely spaced on posting in the morning. Got all confused getting ready for a too-early hair appointment.... the beauty school called to rebook the appointment.
    Haircut is now on Thursday.

Sara - what a good girl you are in making that all important mammogram appointment ๐ŸŽ‰
    Kudos on dancing while waiting ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

I'm getting sleepy ๐Ÿ˜ด

Lana

268.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    gs07visay0wy.jpeg
    *** August 23 ***

Happy Wednesday everybody ๐ŸŒบ

I am motivated to have a productive day to catch up with chores that I've let slide recently. That should add to the Activity!

Farmers market is at 3PM today. The prices are a bit high, but it's good to support the small local growers, right?

I'm grateful for another sunshiny day โ˜€๏ธ

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for Happy Hour later on ๐ŸŒด*

Lana

268.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday,

Lana - good for you. Farmer's markets food usually also doesnt "sit" as long as other produce etc.

Humidity has gone down and I am happy. Temps are liveable.

If I did what I should, laundry would be on the list.....thank you Lana I now have Fridays' blouse drying.

Couldnt figure out tomorrows lunch but got chicken air fried and chicken and rice and teriyaki sauce- a lot better than what could happen.

Found a compromise - do I eat all of muffin or not? Answer - eat half tonight and other half tomorrow. Rewards for two hard days of work.

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2023
    Options
    b8gre71h2a2l.jpeg
    *** August 24 ***

Happy Thursday everyone~~

Sara - Today is my day to cook the chicken: I should do it on the grill outside for easier cleanup.

I never did get to the farmers market. I ended up at Trader Joe's instead, picking out some decent veggies. You are right about stores having stuff "sit" for longer.

*waving at Cabana Boy for a coffee refill โ›ฑ๏ธ*

Lana

268.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

It is almost Friday. Our computer and phone system at work has been testy all week. Just glad to give it a rest after tomorrow - it obviously needs one!!

Was informed my idea of giving rocks (these are polished semi precious stones here not something I picked up on the river) were not appropriate for give away gifts at work - boss hinted that I gave away chocolate last time (it was Easter we had easter bunnies....). Bought something in a set of 4 and she will just have to get her own chocolate.

Did I mention I was glad it was almost Friday??

So far my week average is over 6k in steps. If this is what it takes, this is what I do.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    10nv1kq7luta.jpeg
    *** August 25 ***

Hmm.... in four months it will be Christmas!
    Sara - I suspect I thought of that after reading your post about the giving of gifts and then typing today's date....
    I hope that you get through today and have an enjoyable and restful weekend.

It's another sunny day here; the high is forecast to be 93. I'm looking at the Do List.
    I need to walk.

Waves to all who pop by today ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

* ๐ŸŒด Cabana Boys are checking their clipboards in preparation for the Friday Happy Hour ๐ŸŒด*

Lana

268.6 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    TGIF - happy Friday.

Lana- is walking on your to do list? If not, why not?

Our office building has a raffle, there are years of stuff (bags/pens/notepads etc) with the first 3 names of the company which must not be seen on the site, so they have been raffling them off. Why even mention this? Because I finally won one of these bags. The knitted mens cap goes to the lady at church who makes homeless bags. The photo frame (clear plastic) will go to the lady I gave the other 2 to, but I still have some decent things I can use.

Beautiful breeze out there and will open windows as soon as I can.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ifbvwxujrr1k.jpeg
    *** August 26 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - Yay for you that you won one of the bags at work! Glad that there are some decent things for you.

Walking/water exercise is on my daily schedule, along with daily meditation.
    The Do List has stand alone things such as "exchange propane tank" or "close old checking account".

Time to get walking ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Lana