Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,352 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Hair cut -the "flapping" is gone for awhile. Woke up in a brain haze. Got a couple more hours sleep and that did it.

Considering I wanted to sleep all day - that I got 4k in steps and movement is pretty good.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got my 5k wandering around Wally World. Got some decorations for work and all the rest of the trivia contest prizes.

Got pissed at some church members and their dirty looks and snarky remarks. I left early and went shopping. Cant let them get to me, but this is an old congregation and set in their ways.

Otherwise lovely Fall weather for the next week.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    lrj9d9dhgihg.png

Sara- good way to get your steps in! Sorry to hear about your fellow church members. Enjoy the fall weather. It’s 80s/90s this week where I’m at.

Well I gave the oddball a chance. Yeah no second date. It was definitely an awkward time. He seems like a nice guy just not for me. I really am looking for that old fashioned gentleman who holds doors, pays at least for the first date or at least offer to pay. Conversation was kinda dry. Yeah onto the next one…wait there isn’t a next one oops. 🤦🏼‍♀️

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy, this was one of your online "oddballs"? Sorry it didnt go well. The old fashioned guy is there somewhere.

Your before and after bush pictures are dramatic, poor dog looking like "hey I used to hide here!!".

Slept a lot today. Cleaned annoying areas of my place. Made a bracelet for a church lady. Reading a book about a your Hawaiian girl who has leprosy.

Back to the salt mine. At least I have some meals set up. I am feeling lazy at the moment, so we shall see what is for lunch tomorrow.

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options
    hms6hwss4sxk.jpeg
    *** September 5 ***

Hey all~~

Ugh - I have been off whack for a few days. Heading towards normal now.

Sara - what in the world is wrong with the church people? Sheesh.

Missy - yes, what a dramatic change indeed in your yard! Hard work, I know, especially getting it reduced to fit in the yard waste containers.
    Oh, and sorry to hear about the dull dude. Keep looking 😁

I hope that you both have a decent day~

Waves to all who stop by later on....

Lana

269.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I hope the weather we are having comes east as it is worth waiting for, but it would also be on the way.

It was so cold in the lunch room, I got coffee after lunch to help warm up. Who is in charge of the temps in the building?

Yes, I am a little cranky. With changing air temp and winds come sinus congestion. So yes I am cranky. I will watch something I enjoy or will learn something and hopefully cranky will "lessen".

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Good Morning!

Lana- thank you! It was a workout for sure. I had already done a Zumba workout. The clean up was “fun”. Brought it almost all of it to the curb for trash day. Still have a bunch that wouldn’t fit. Will have to put it in next weeks trash. Yeah I think it’s this week with being off. Wish i could have taken the week off. Computer systems have been not cooperating.

Sara- yes this changing temps going back and forth are urgh. And I would like to know the same. Office is always an ice box. Need a parka and down comforter to be comfortable.

Have a great day! Check in later!

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Good morning Missy! 🌼

Sara - sending you good vibes to help lift your mood and help you feel better. Big hugs 🤗

Time to jump into the shower and get going for the day 🐇

Waves to anyone else who stops by today~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I was tired at work and really surprised I did not fall asleep. When you do the same thing-ish 200 times a day it can get a little brain boring.

Decorated the area with what silk Fall leaves I have. I am not interested in buying anything more, so I shall see how else I can decorate.

6k again- those annoying laps I do at work add up and get me there. I say annoying because it is repetitious but I need to think of making new laps....

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    n2xtc9w07nhi.jpeg
    *** September 7 ***

Good morning everybody 🌼

Today the new mattress for downstairs guest room is being delivered.
    I got it from Mattress Warehouse, and I am very impressed by them-- they provide a way to track the delivery!
    They provide the delivery window, tell me I am number 7, tell me that they are currently on number 2, then provide an estimated update on the delivery window, along with color photos of the delivery team. Isn't this amazing?
    I hope that other companies will provide this detail in the near future.

Waves to everyone who stops by today 👋🏻

Lana

269.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Strange meeting at work. Phone call to coworker after work, I am not the only one who thinks so.

Mattress Warehouse good company and very happy with them. They got bought out here in CA. Sadly.

One of my smoke detectors is deciding to beep every so often. It is on the ceiling and I am short. Growl.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    iqdvcnqphzz3.jpeg
    *** September 8 ***

Happy Friday everybody!

Sara - The meeting sounded ominous. Is it unusual to have such meetings? I'm guessing yes, because you don't mention them. Hmmm..... 🔍🕵️
    Maybe the maintenance man can come and change the smoke detector battery? Hope so. Don't be getting up on any ladders or chairs and try to do it yourself 🩷

Waving to Missy and anyone else who pops in to say Hi~~

*Cabana Boys are planning a good Happy Hour today 🌴 🍹🍰 💃🕺*

Lana

269.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My neighbor and her 4 step ladder (mine is only 2)- came and we got down the smoke detector that had a battery. It was quiet all night. So I gave her one of my Lil Debbie bars I was gifted yesterday - share the guilt.

We have meetings every month, but this week's was one of the weirder ones.

TGIF, time to dance off the frustration of the week and have fun.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Saturday All!

Busy morning with groomers, errands and going to my nieces first ever soccer game. She’s 3 so it’s more watching a bunch of kids run around a field or away from field. It was cute. My niece was a bit shy or just hungry and wanted a nap. It was almost noontime for the game and most kids were having meltdowns or getting sick. Was very hot and humid.

Relaxing now, going to read a book in a few. Class is over. I think I can assume I got an A since I got an A on everything. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    gweompx7dbr6.jpeg
    *** September 9 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - How excellent that your neighbor helped with the smoke detector~ I love the sharing of the guilt with the Lil Debbie 😁

Missy - Congrats on classes being over for a while √
    Your niece's soccer game must have been adorable. Hopefully the next one will be at a better, cooler time.

It is very spooky and foggy outside this morning..... hmmm....

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

269.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

My 93 year old friend from church has covid. I went by to drop things off - with mask on - her new dog wanted to see me and broke out - so I had to sheepdog the dog back into the front door.

Got over 4k yesterday (2 stores) not sure about today.

Missy - good to read about something completely different from work/classes. Rinse out the brain and give it a Fall cleaning.

Is tomorrow already Monday? wowie

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    edited September 2023
    Options
    etu4s7qwdv12.jpeg
    *** September 11 ***

Good morning everybody~~

I'm waiting for the plumbers to come to work on an outside project for a couple of days. They are scheduled to come today, but I wasn't told what time. I forgot to ask. Duh.

Sara - I hope that your 93 year old friend isn't hit too badly. Hopefully she is fully vaccinated.
    Cool that she has a doggie ✅

I'd better eat some breakfast before these people arrive....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Called my 93 year old friend after I got home. A couple days of rest has helped her and she hates to sit still so she is anxious to get out again, but is taking care.

Lana do you have palm trees? Those roots get into everything and are horrible on plumbing. I hope the guys showed up.

Post nasal drip has eluded me because of masks, but not lately. I have a glass of herb tea to help.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

One cup of tea today and got through my boring work. A lot of sugar helped......

Laundry going - why not? Always needs to get done.

Got my 6k, got my decoration at work almost done. Reason to celebrate and relax.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    xhjbudisq00u.jpeg
    *** September 13 ***

Here we are at the middle of the week....

Sara - Good for you on getting your work area decorated for the autumn. It's good to take care of yourself and make your surroundings uplifting. 🍁🍂🍁

I've decided to declutter my kitchen some today. The dang plumbers are here working outside all day, so I am a prisoner in my own home. Ha! Might as well make things look less hillbilly.
    I don't have a garage, basement, or storage shed, so all of those ugly things that one would put in a garage are in the house. Gah.

Waves to whoever stops by later on 👋🏻😁

Lana

270.0 today