Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,352 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Nice long nap after work took away the headache I was getting. Sinus issues until rain season starts.

Pile of knitted things waiting for me to sew ends in and will give to lady for the church craft sale. Cleaning out a corner....

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,893 Member
    Options
    20ear9rspjrm.jpeg
    *** September 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - hurray for you for "cleaning out a corner"! Resist temptation to buy too many things at the church craft sale - I bet there's a lot of nice things there!

Yummy simple salad: Baby arugula added to mixed greens with Ken's "Simply Vinaigrette Caesar". Tons of flavor, it takes a while to eat, not many calories - a good in-between snack to have βœ…

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana

270.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Idk why but I keep thinking it’s Friday! My friend and I have worked out 4 times this week! Crazy! 2 aqua fits, Zumba and a Yoga class. Might go Saturday for Zumba or Aqua Fit. It’s my grandmas 90Th birthday weekend so I may be busy with family that is in town.

Oh and I logged in tonight to this! 8 years of being on MFP. That went by fast and still going…

hxh1ashqgcbf.jpeg

Go Sara cleaning out a corner. Your going to inspire me to finally start cleaning out the basement, and the kitchen and I’m going to stop listing things now… list is long.

Lana - Simple salad sounds yummy sometimes the less in the salad the better.

Have a great night!

~Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Salad anything to make it different helps. Thank you Lana.

Missy! You are the workout queen of the week - keep up the good work.

Pushed back on Dragon and got slightly burned, luckily her boss was in on the conversation. Dragon does not like to be challenged. I have kept the chocolate cake away and for that I am proud. Banana chips will have to do.

Wishing all a good night.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ew5idkyplzr1.jpeg
    *** September 15 ***

Yay - it's Friday!!

Missy - you go girl! Good for you with your activity πŸ†

Sara - watch out for dragon today. She may still be breathing fire in your direction!

The overnight temps have dropped here, and it is nicely cool out this morning. This means I can start walking again in the mornings! Yay~

🌴 The Cabana Boys are setting up for the Big Happy Hour later today. ⛱️

Lana

271.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Dragon had non stop meetings today. She said she likes how I decorated and did I have access to a certain database?

If the manager has access to kcups, then I asked for tea - and asked if sup could have hot chocolate.

Give me colder nights. I know I sleep better. Lana - good for you for walking. I did not get my 6k but it averages out.

It is my Friday so I am celebrating by watching old movies.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    yfefagb7bru8.jpg
    *** September 16 ***

Happy Saturday~~

It's another gorgeous day today. I need to wake up and go walking somewhere. Yesterday I was able to do only one mile, so it's motivating to keep at it to get back up to my former 2.5 mile capability.
    I've been eating a little too liberally. It's time to reel that in a bit.

The other day I bought what I thought was a nice big head of cauliflower only to unwrap it to find that it had seen better days. I cut off the bad parts and steamed the daylights out of it. It tasted fine.

Sara - enjoy your old movies!

Lana

268.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Slept in figured I needed it.

Spent afternoon at hairdresser asking the hairdresser's high school daughter a million questions. Just like a high schooler. I had a blast.

I also got a lot knitted.

Cottage cheese and fruit for dinner. It is getting a little too cold for the frozen fruit. Need to find a replacement.

• LanaCabana537
    edited September 2023
    Options
    jjnme1lpwb9t.jpeg
    *** September 17 ***

Good morning all 🐣

Sara - how fun sitting and talking with the high-schooler!
    Is that craft fair at your church this weekend or sometime in the future?

Missy - enjoy your Sunday
    Waves πŸ‘‹πŸ» to anyone who stops by later on.....

It's a cloudy day here. I'd better put on some music to get me going!

BBL

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Lana craft fair is November but it will be around the corner so I need to get moving. I learned how to crochet a believable looking angel, so I will make more of those for the fair.

Stayed after church to help with the food pantry set up. Stayed almost 2 hours. Two ladies went to get lunch took long enough so that when they brought their lunch most of the work was done. There are always those in a group, I would never hire them.

Got a lot of steps in though in a short time, so I came home and slept.

Tomorrow is Dragon day and so we shall see. I have set myself up well for the makings of snacks and lunches- it is a relief as that usually keeps me away from the junk food.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Mild temps staying in the near future. Nice way to enjoy September.

Got 2 small peaches from manager at work - she might have access to a tree - found a recipe online to make a cinnamon roll for one in the microwave and decided peaches would be better than frosting. It is too late to make tonight, but will let you know how well the recipe works.

Wishing all a good night . Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    r5rkcilhqcwc.jpeg
    *** September 19 ***

Hi there everybody~~

Today is the day to do the final pack-up. I'm flying up to NJ tomorrow, via Atlanta, for the cruise on Thursday.
    I'm looking at this trip as a form of retreat. I need it.

Sara - I hope that things are quiet at work today. Your recipe sounds yummy!

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later ⛱️*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Hey Lana! Good for you. Get up, get out and get steps in. Hard not to on a cruise.

Still working on the cinnamon roll - I overworked the dough. It does taste more like pie crust. For first time using an unknown recipe - not bad. Make it again? Good chance.

Lady from work is learning how to answer phones, so I have a little company. We dont talk a lot and dragon comes charging out of her office anyways. Lady is only here through tomorrow. I bought her a small bag of M/Ms for her first day on the phones. She will do well.

• LanaCabana537
    edited September 2023
    Options
    ull8sgzub2jw.png
    *** September 20 ***

Good morning all~~
    Here we are in the middle of the week.

Sara - have a good day today, and enjoy having the lady of the phones.... and the cinnamon recipe-work-in-progress πŸ˜‹
    You are right about getting in steps on a cruise. I need that!

Waves to all who stop by today~~

Lana

272.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Glad to be able to sleep in tomorrow. Just feels nice to be able to do that.

Helped one of the newer people at work by trouble shooting why they arent working faster. Someone helped me so I figure why not.

Cooler temps are wonderful and with any luck they stay.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    hvddc4mehhr4.jpeg
    *** September 21st ***

Good morning!
    The sun is shining here in Elizabeth, NJ.
    I slept a total of 8 hours, but I am dragging.

Sara - generosity is good for the soul; helping your co-worker is great karma. You rock βœ…

I made good choices yesterday; dinner was salmon on caesar salad and no dessert.

Time to try to get going~

Waves to all who stop by later on 🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Went to see dr. Went grocery shopping for cookie ingredients. Found Korean Beef in the frozen section and can make some really good meals {3} with it.

I was going to make cookies tonight but I will this weekend. I am just so tired. I slept in, took a long nap and I guess that was meant to be.

Lana - keep up the good work with steps - enjoy the food and walk it off!! Hope you are having a great time.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    jbaibwmp2t4i.jpeg
    *** September 22 ***

Good morning all~~

So far the morning hasn't gone well. I need to find some coffee that is drinkable.

Sara - I think that by the time you see this your weekend will have started. Hugs!

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana is there any way you can get instant coffee? Starbucks like everyone else has single serving instant coffee.....

Yes, the weekend has started, we have an air show once a year. It is a pain - the noise the people but it brings in a lot of money. It lasts for 4 days - 2 days of practice and 2 days of show. I like to stay inside that weekend but I have things I need to take care of. Luckily they are not including food or gasoline.

I took a 4 hour nap or was it 3 and a half? Still a long time. I am getting better production and I am crashing. It may be the way it has to be.

• LanaCabana537
    edited September 2023
    Options
    1x1ke2bf5wbq.jpeg
    *** September 23 ***

Good morning 🌧️

Sara - good for you for getting that restorative nap!
    The air show sounds interesting. Four whole days? It must be a huge thing - like a fair in the air!

I did find a spot on the ship that has Starbucks coffees, and I got myself a decent big mug of it this morning! βœ…

We have a big storm rolling up the east coast, and Boston is going to have rain all day. I will be doing some reading and relaxing and staying on board.
    Now for some walking all around the promenade deck πŸ‘πŸ»

Lana