Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,340 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Got my 3 top disgusting house chores done. Over due and ready for a great "before/after" moment. Bathtub, kitchen and bathroom floors are no longer on my list. It feels so much better.

I in my dusty grungy after cleaning self got the rewards of taking a shower in a nice clean bathtub.

Need to get groceries and it is cool enough to make tuna noodle casserole. Nice change from chicken.

Heard today one of my favorite people is in the last stages of her life. So I will send off a card asap.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    8mpdvlllfke9.jpeg
    *** August 27 ***

Happy Sunday all~~

Sara - yay for your nice clean apartment! That indeed feels good ✅

I'm doing cleaning and laundry today - I have the oomph to do it, so why not. I can relax later.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻

Lana

269.2 today, down from yesterday 🥹
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I got called this morning, can you pick me up and take me to church? This was a "one time thing" . Pastor wants me to join and I am getting pulled in too many directions and its not like I am retired, so I need to talk to the pastor.

Scale gave me a nice number, one I have not seen in a very long time. So something is working.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    cwuh9ai1h6ma.jpeg
    *** August 28 ***

Happy Monday All 🌼

Sara - congratulations on your new lower weigh in! That is fabulous! You inspire me to do well today 🩷

*tossing beach bag onto fav lounge chair for later ⛱️*

Lana

268.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening

Got more than 6k today. My hip sockets tell me when I get over 5k so I almost dont have to read my pedometer. I have a coworker who asked how I am losing weight-- something tempting will require more walking that day or walk by it and leave it alone. Three boxes of Girl Scout cookies didnt even raise an eyebrow as I didnt really like any of them anyway, but I was not interested in walking another 1k. It helps to put it in that perspective (doesnt always work - I sometimes have to walk more.....).

Cooler temps are appreciated. Easier to sleep at night. .

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2023
    Options
    z2axhac35msz.jpeg
    *** August 29 ***

Well, the dark skies have rolled in, and my body is hurting almost everywhere from the low pressure. Dang.
    I got some water exercise in. No walking for me today.
    Something new is snapping on the inside of my left knee. Oy.

Sara - you are doing so well! Victory over the Girl Scout cookies ✅

Time to throw some clothes on and go order a mattress for the guest room.

* ⛱️ tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴

Lana

269.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,371 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Hope all is well. Week and a half until my class is done!!!!! Will be so happy to have a break. I joined a couple of free dates sites but I think I might stay single. Just seem to attract the oddballs.

I’m also canceling my WW membership. I need to save some money for the dogs. They are getting older. 2 need a dental cleaning so have that fun stuff to look forward to.

I can’t believe that it’s going to be September this week. I’m so excited it’s getting closer to fall.

Hope all is well with everyone.

~Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Missy, I really liked WW but could not afford it. Dogs can be expensive so I am hoping their checkups are good.

I dont even bother with the date sites. People keep saying I need to join them. I am sorry you have had bad experience. Dont take it personally, with everything online how do you meet people anyway? Enjoy your break from classes. You probably cant sleep more that was the first thing I did during school breaks.

Our temps are upper 90 but will drop after tomorrow and we are getting some smoke from fires. I wrote FRIES and thought how do you get smoke from FRIES? Luckily I caught my mistake.

Lana get yourself to a dr when you can - your knees are important -and/or start putting up lower poundage #. Your choice. Pressure on knees lessens with every pound you lose. You know this and your knees are reminding you.

• gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Hump Day!

Hope everyone’s week is going great!

Sara- just had my youngest go to the vet for his annual. Kidney values were elevated. So he will need a follow up. The other 2 go next month. Yeah other people recommended these sites but I just don’t think it’s for me. There’s so many wildfires this year it’s awful. Stay safe and hopefully clears up soon. Haha blame the fries on autocorrect. Can come up with some funny stuff!

Lana- hope your knee is okay. Definitely something to get checked out. I think it’s this week. A lot of people I run into are saying how exhausted they are.

Hope everyone has a great day!

~Missy

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh, wow - I forgot to post this morning!

Thanks for your good wishes Sara and Missy: my knee has healed itself! I think that the paddling around the pool helped.

More tomorrow.....

Lana 🌴
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Blue moon tonight. My coworker across from me had people hanging up on her. I told her it was a full moon tonight. I was also not surprised the way she talks to them. She is not in my department and is moving her stuff home Friday to work from home. I will not have to be bothered by her endless talking to the lady near her. Quiet as a morgue on Tuesday - we do get Monday off.

I will make the makings for my salads tonight for the next 2 lunches. Not complicated.

It is also hair washing night, I have a zoom meeting tomorrow and it is important to not look too grungy.

Missy - pets are expensive but so are people. Give me a pet anytime!!

Lana glad your knee is feeling better.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    h7koczmtqq3g.jpeg
    *** August 31 ***

Wow - it's the last day of August 💫

Strange dreams woke me up last night, and I couldn't get back to sleep, so I am up for a while at least.
    That'll be me snoring in the corner in the afternoon.....

There's been rain from the hurricane here, so not able to see the blue moon *sob*.

Sara - have a good meeting today!

Lana

270.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Happy Thursday! (It’s Thursday right?)

Woke up this morning. Didn’t sleep very well. Getting ready for work and thought it was Monday…was pleasantly happy that it’s Friday Eve.

Sara- yes much rather spend my money and time on my furbabies that give unconditional love than some guy. Moon was very pretty this morning and very bright.

Lana- must be do to the Blue moon. But all this talk about the Blue Moon is having me want a Blue Moon Beer. Haven’t had one of those in years.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Missy

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Work was strange. I got to work the things that the clinics chose not to work in the area I do the hospital registration. Gee you think someone wont notice stuff from a year ago???? Long story short I dont want to meet these people from the clinics.....

Tomorrow is Friday and that is a wonderful thing. I might get more Korean food for this weekend.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ajgqviiu2eaf.jpeg
    *** September 1 ***

Happy September All~~

Isn't it nice to not have to go back to school?? (especially Missy!)

Sara - Yes, things sound strange!
    ....and Korean food sounds intriguing 😋

I could see the moon last night up through the window. Really pretty!

* ⛱️ Looking forward to Friday happy hour at the Cabana Club 🌴*

Lana

270.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    edited September 2023
    Options
    9cnhuocflle3.jpeg

I’m ready for September! Yes. Will be so nice for a break!!! Halfway done with my final project. Still have to make one discussion post and 2 responses but can’t do that part until next week.

Moon has been so pretty. Makes the 4:30 am wake up not as bad.

Beautiful day here where I’m at and turned off the AC yay! Have to write out my goals still and post them later. But I think tracking daily is a must, and say no to junk food.

~Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening, Happy Friday,

Sleep after work was so welcome.

Boss is running around in circles, making comments and it is confusing.

But today is Friday and that is a good thing.

Missy - owning what we eat and having to "look at it" by posting is also validating how well you are doing. Keep up the good work.

Our temps for now are cooler and may involve blankets. For now I am grateful. Good night to dance with the cboys and let loose.

• gemwolf110
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Happy Saturday Y’all!

Sara - so true.

Can I say that I’m exhausted! Went to my final WW meeting for now, down 1.5 pounds! Did Zumba last night and Zumba this morning. It had been at least a year before I had gone to a Zumba class! And I trimmed a Yew tree that is huge in my backyard that the huskies like to hide in and probably get themselves into trouble.

Here’s the before for one of the 2 trees.

uni0gm2fui72.jpeg

Here’s the clean up:

nwv7dhuokc7q.jpeg

And here’s the after-need a chainsaw to really finish it. But I don’t trust myself with one of those lol

hdicl9l5mj9i.jpeg

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    unpkoi97nbhl.jpeg
    *** September 2 ***

Hi all~~

Not feeling great yesterday over to today. I ran some errands today, but my bones hurt.
    I don't have any covid tests--I'm thinking of hitting the pharmacy tomorrow. We'll see.

See y'all tomorrow~

Lana

268.4 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    unpkoi97nbhl.jpeg
    *** September 2 ***

Hi all~~

Not feeling great yesterday over to today. I ran some errands today, but my bones hurt.
    I don't have any covid tests--I'm thinking of hitting the pharmacy tomorrow. We'll see.

See y'all tomorrow~

Lana

268.4 today

Hope you feel better soon. If I was closer I’d give you a package of mine.