Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,894 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    pxl6mcjf58vb.jpeg
    *** August 6 ***

Hi Everybody~~

Sara - that is interesting about your electricity. So I looked to see if we have that here, and it doesn't apply to residential. Bummer.

I am having a lazy Sunday today.
    Tomorrow I will hit the ground running, as they say~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,353 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

Did well until I hit 5pm and yes ice cream. Yes you read right. It is also 100 and I am in a snit so if ice cream keeps me from literally have a hissy fit, then so be it.

Tomorrow is Monday I have to get blood drawn this week and ask for time off to see dr next week. What a pain.

I did give someone I had parted ways with a shawl I knitted through a mutual friend. She is not doing well and I decided to be a better person.

I have 3k in walking and weekends are rest days for me, so that is decent.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • fabtofat
    fabtofat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am starting over (again). This time I would like to get to the point of not giving up. I usually get done by 2 month mark or something would throw off my routine and then I will not get back into it.

I have been struggling with Sciatica at the moment which seems to have come back with vengeance so want to make sure that does not throw me off my routine.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    833v5p7nf969.jpeg
    *** August 7 ***

Good morning All~~

Welcome Fabtofat !

Just getting us started. I'm trying to drum up some motivation to attack the Do List.

* tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

270.4 today (donuts)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Day #2 of chicken teriyaki with broccoli and tempura. So far so good. Have 5500 steps today the alarm work me up so no early morning before work steps.

Fabtofat -would making a to do list that includes rewards keep you on track?

Lana - I hope you plowed through your to do list. My difficulty is ice cream -- you have (donuts) listed. Mine will be enjoyed and finished. I will not have any extra $$ for more. My new phone has taken all my potential extra money away.

Too hot for bangs today so I swept them completely off my face. Shows a nice feathering, but I am so used to bangs of some sort. For one day it was a nice change. Temps cooler tomorrow with any luck.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    ty548jvqz2qm.jpeg
    *** August 8 ***

Good morning all~~

Boy, am I sleepy. I think I slept 8 hours, but I don't feel rested. This is normal for me.
    My cardiologist has put in a referral to the sleep clinic, but I've been waiting for months to hear back--patient portal shows the active referral. I had a sleep study done ages ago, and I do use a CPAP....
    Dang.

Sara - I used to have bangs. I got rid of them because of needing to get all hair in ponytail for working in the hot months.

My sister gets in after midnight tonight! Gah.
    She is a very healthy eater, so this visit of hers should do me good!

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
    267.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got 6300 steps in. Came home at good and bad food and fell asleep watching a show. So nothing new.

Will make a package for someone at work who works from home. I keep getting her things and then dont see her. Covid fallout at its finest. It may help me clean up a little too, who knows.

Lana -glad you sister is visiting and healthy eating is as you know a nice change of pace.

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2023
    Options
    c3cid1xa3tcb.png
    *** August 9 ***

Hello everyone~~

Sara - you are doing so well with your steps!! Hurray!

Well, sister and I have gotten our little workout for the day, so the afternoon will be chilling in the air conditioning and doing the jigsaw puzzle. Dinner out - don't know where~

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for Mid-week Happy Hour later πŸŒ΄β›±οΈ*

Lana

268.4 today
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a serial starter. Been fluctuating up and down for the past 10 years or so. Looks like I'm starting again. Going to try a few things this time around to hopefully produce a different outcome.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Cdahl welcome, stop by and post and let us know how you are doing.

Warm but not hot here, dont want to jinx it so I am just stating.

Found a way to get some bbc shows on my phone. Technology has it finer points some days.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Happy Thursday, it is almost over and Friday is on the horizon.

Gave blood for medical test. See Dr. Monday for results. They need to make sure my kidneys are happy.

Tried to outsmart dragon, but didnt work. I get to see her at work tomorrow. Just is.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Hey- we made it until Friday!! and I have the day right this time - so lets give ourselves credit where it is due and celebrate our hard week.

Not sure if Lana and her sister will show up but the Cabana boys have told me their drinks tonight are extra special (whatever that means).

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2023
    Options
    ecj2wk5sm78w.png
    *** August 12 ***

Good morning all~~

Wow, having company in the house throws off my usual morning routine of getting here to post!
    My sister and I have been pretty active, so that is counterbalancing the food factor.... Ha!

Sara - thank you for making those arrangements with the Cabana Boys!🌴
    I hope that you are getting a good balance of rest and diversion over this weekend~

* ⛱️ waving at Philippe for more coffee *

Lana

270.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

*** Sunday August 13 ***

Well, y'all can see what I did yesterday - I see that I was quite confused.

Today is another adventure with my sister - making stuff for a brunch and taking it to friends' house.

Wishing all of you a great and relaxing day. 🌴

Lana

270.4 again, how odd
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I am glad you are having a great time with your sister Lana. The difference between Saturday and Sunday is not uncommon - you are just having too much fun. There is nothing wrong with that.

Weekend is done and I have done a lot of nice things for other people and my nice thing for myself will be to go to bed early.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    4gb8ydc5ej94.jpeg
    *** August 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Wishing everyone a fabulous Monday - enjoy the little things along the way today 🩷

Waving to Sara and everyone else who stops by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

269.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

No surprises from dr., but she does not like my liver count. Lose weight, lose weight, lose weight. I got enough steps that when I go to the mail box I will get my 6k.

I have so little in my workfile, I wonder what work I will do. Paranoia is not my best friend and I need to tell it to shut up.

Cottage cheese and fruit sound like a nice evening meal. Chicken and salad for lunch tomorrow to deal with the heat.

Wishing all a good day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    np84dur4i2xg.jpeg
    *** August 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - were the numbers for your liver just slightly off? Did she say that losing weight will help?
    Let's you and I get creative about finding fitness things to do while there is high heat, and then we will transition to more outdoor things once the autumn arrives.
    We'll do some daily dancing in the air conditioning for now.... πŸ’ƒπŸ»β€ΌοΈ

My sister and I will be heading out for more furniture looking today - that'll be some steps for sure.
    We walked yesterday; I went almost 2 miles. I'm proud of myself.

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana

267.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

103 and not done yet with highest temp, but I am !!!

Lana - my liver # was more than a little over the max in the range -Dr asked did I want to take my results home? Like I want to be reminded. Losing weight was the second suggestion after stop drinking (which I dont do). Dancing sounds like a good plan. I have 800 steps to get and they will not be outside. So bring on the music.

Any kind of shopping improves the step count. I hope you find some good pieces are you buying new or consignment or second hand shop?

Nap time.

• LanaCabana537
    edited August 2023
    Options
    u3emipw5wj5c.jpeg
    *** August 16 ***

Here we are in the middle of the work week~~

Sara - I wonder if there is something that you can do in addition to losing weight to bring that number into the normal range. Search around online. Maybe there are certain foods you can add or avoid that will have a more immediate effect? Here's hoping so.

Yesterday we stopped at three stores and found the perfect sofa at the third stop--Ethan Allen. It's a really pretty, feminine sofa that comes wide enough for me to lay down on it, stretch all the way out, and not bump the ends - essential for those winter afternoon naps, and they are running a sale, so I'll be able to afford it.

Oy! Now it's time to get going for the morning walk before the oppressive heat and humidity descends upon us!

*tossing beach bag and trashy novel onto favorite lounge chair 🌴*

Lana

267.2 today