Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    wxdurg7oymjb.jpeg
    *** July 5 ***

Good morning all~ I hope that you all had a nice July 4th.

Sara - The Cabana Boys and I are quite worried that you have not been here at The Club for 5 days!
    We are worried that you have been abducted by Mario 😳!

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

270.0 today
  • LanaCabana537
    edited July 2023
    Options
    9wla7w0xb2xi.jpeg

Let us be perfectly clear:

Mario is NOT one of our Cabana Boys. In fact, Sara long ago firmly established a policy that The Club would never even entertain the thought of interviewing anyone with the name of Mario.
    So there.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Has it been five days? Saturday was 109, and it has cooled down finally. Mario is my permanent punishment but strange enough looks better than he use to. Maybe its the "pickens" here....

My 93 year old friend at church (I am her secret pal which pleases me to no end as I made her a teal bead bracelet - her favorite color)- oops- loaned me her evil eye bead bracelet from Turkey to help ward off evil. So far so good.

I have 2 job applications out pending any info. That is a good start.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - Oh, thank goodness you are not in the hospital or something awful!

Yes, I have to admit that I too was thinking that Mario doesn't look half bad these days. Good lord! 😜

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    td6vbg6o7lwe.jpeg
    *** July 6 ***

Happy Thursday all ☀️

I'm feeling dulled down today. Tomorrow will be better.

Lana

270.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I went for a nap and I wont tell you how long that nap was, except that it is Thursday and I do tend to hit the brick wall.

Morning meeting was more non communication, but this is important you know this. So when people had questions we did not finish our agenda and boss was not happy. Seems a lot of our dept staff are making mistakes. I do not miss this whole carnival ride at all.

Sorry for that, I am glad it is not just me.

Cooler and I have thoughts of a hammock, so thank you Lana for the pictures.

Wishing all a good night, Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    1m86n13267ij.jpeg
    *** July 7 ***

I think that today will be a good day for all of us ☀️
    (Positive thinking!)

Now I have to go color my hair. Ugh.

What does everyone have on tap for the weekend?

Lana

269.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Party night at the Cabana Club. Come by Lana and model your new hair color/style!! Very Special evening going on - show up and automatically burn 1000 calories. If you think it, you can do it.

Hair apt tomorrow and church on Sunday, the rest will be a surprise.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Sara - I would love to join you at the party at the Cabana Club. I've been in quite a funk. 🥺
    I like that some of Saturday and Sunday will be a surprise!! 👍🏻😁
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    m828ad8yla17.jpeg
    *** July 8 ***

Good morning ☀️

Time to jump into the shower and get to the Farmers Market. It can be a tad expensive, but it's something healthy to do.

*tossing beach bag and mystery novel onto lounge chair next to Sara's 🌴*

Lana

269.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana Farmer's Markets are a little more expensive but the items usually taste better.

Gentleman friend's phone is unable to take calls, it says this after I dial, so that is easy. Wiping hands motion.

Finished another scarf. Time to play with my beads, not as hot as dealing with yarn.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    sp8etcmxzypr.png
    *** July 9 ***

Ah....Sunday ☀️

Today is Lowe's, Trader Joe's, and the library 😁

Wishing everyone a good day today ~

Lana

269.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana, sounds like some good walking today.

Put my sun hat on and took a walk for about 20-25 min. Did not hit 5k but got some good steps in.

My version of sweet and sour chicken for dinner (leftovers for lunch tomorrow). I bought frozen fruit so that with greek yogurt for a hot summer day dinner sounds good. It will be hot again by weeks end.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    1i8mvlqg15pr.jpeg
    *** July 10 ***

Good morning all~~

Rain is coming again.... What to do? Throw on clothes and walk now, or go do a bit of yard work for exercise until the rain comes? Both?
    I have a hard time making the simplest decisions. Ugh.

BBL

Lana

270.6 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!! Back from our amazing cruise!

Day 1 was at sea, day 2 was Cozumel. We did a tour of the ruins, and had lunch by the beach.

Day 3 - Roatan Honduras. Clear bottom kayaking, snorkeling, lunch on the beach, and the 4th of July celebration 🎉 on board.

Day 4 - Belize. Airboat ride and Rum tasting.

Day 5 - Costa Maya - snorkeling and relaxing at the beach with monkeys! Probably my favorite stop! Was an amazing beach resort.

Day 6 at sea and flew home day 7.

So I had an interesting revelation. I weighed my suitcase before we left to make sure it was under 50 pounds. It weighed 40, I had lost 38 pounds since January. I picked up the suitcase and thought to myself… Oh my gosh I was carrying this around on my body!

Downside… and I really don’t feel like I over ate, but the scale today doesn’t lie. It says I gain 6 pounds. 😩. I’m hoping that’s mostly water weight. I go back to the weight loss doctor on Friday, so I’m hoping I can shed a bit before I go see him again.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday even though I really did not want to start working again today. Coffee please kick in quick!!

Lisa
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Oh Wow Lisa! - You have returned from the high seas!! Most excellent!

If you drink plenty of water and avoid salty foods for two days, you should get rid of that water gain from the cruise. Everyone on the cruise message boards commiserates about the salty-food water weight gain. Cruise food is so much saltier than what we eat in a week at home-- guess that's why it tastes so good to me!

What you said about the weight of the suitcase has plagued me for so long, and it hurts, but it is true. I am so happy for you that you are able to get rid of this weight!!

I have a cruise coming up in two months on the Liberty of the Seas out of Bayonne heading for New England.... I love being on the water. It's so helpful for my mental health.
    Would you believe that I eat better on the ship than I do at home? I respond well to someone else taking care of me, and I take advantage of the fitness center, pools, and all of the walking on board.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Walked 6k today and hope to every day until the heat hits later this week. I am personally tired of looking at the same 5 pounds on the scale so I am going to try and walk more and eat a little better to see what happens.

Lisa - cruise sounds so great! Glad you enjoyed it.

Dragon not in office until later this week. Wow how did I get so lucky?

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    h5wzklfna362.jpeg
    *** July 11 ***

Just getting us started.....

BBL

Lana

268.4 today
  • lwhelan2018
    lwhelan2018 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi all happy Tuesday. Still unhappy with the scale not much came off yesterday to today. I know I have to be patient and work at it but it happens and normally I am not a “serial weigher” like this, but I can’t help but obsess.

Been super busy since I’ve been back. Monday and today have been slammed back to back meetings and feedback that I have to redo on a large proposal that’s due at the end of the week … of course!

One of my employees well, I should say he’s mine indirectly because his boss doesn’t really manage him and relies on me to do that which is fine. I’m used to it by now. But this individual seems to think that certain responsibilities don’t belong to him I’m trying to figure a kind way to point out that they are Without sounding terrible. I genuinely like the guy and he’s a hard worker and he’s brilliant but sometimes he’s a big baby.. oh and he has difficulty separating friendship from work. He’s friends with this guy at work who is a total slacker and I started defending that guy’s work ethic which is frustrating because I had to initiate a write up on the slacker for not being at work… like at all! I can’t tell you how many times, at least 4 times I’ve had to text him and ask him where he was because he wasn’t at work and he wasn’t at the meeting he was supposed to be at.

Now I’m just ramble venting lol. It’s definitely been a weeks worth of garbage crammed into two days. And I still have the rest of the week to go. Yay me lol

Anyway, I’m still not gonna let it totally ruined my mood because I’m still on my cruise high a bit.

I hope everyone had a great day and I can’t wait to read everybody’s day was later. Hoping that Sara did not have to deal with the dragon too much. Maybe I need to come hang out at the cabana with you gals lol.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Yes, it is hot. Yes, I walked around my place to get my 6k. Yes not all my Prime Day purchases are healthy (most are or are not food).

Dragon has been off work - as was both of the people we turn to when boss is gone. It was a long day.

How to get green vegetables into more of my meals is on the "brain agenda" tonight.

Cabana sofa is always here and it is big enough for all of those who join.