Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,351 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday,

Its Soccer Saturday. Soup makings in the house to make tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,892 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    zv4avw2fegp3.png
    *** October 22 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - what kind of soup are you going to make?

I have to go to an anniversary celebration being held at 4:30PM today.
    Sunset will be at 6:30PM, so if I leave the celebration then, I should make it back home before it is completely dark. I cannot (comfortably) drive at night because of old age and vision problems.

Waves to whoever stops by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

268.8 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Had a wonderful trip last weekend, been busy with work, going to the gym and life. Ate a lot of good food and NY bagels. Only gained 0.2 pounds. But back into a better routine this week. Did Zumba this morning, Monday I have Bible study, Tuesday vets, Wednesday?, Thursday Aqua, Friday?, Saturday Aqua and Sunday Zumba. Plan on walking my mile with my coworkers during lunch this week pending weather. Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

~ Missy
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    lleits35pslg.jpeg
    *** October 23 ***

Good morning all~~

Missy! Your schedule is inspiring me! Is your Thursday and Saturday a water exercise class?
    How are your mother and grandmother doing?

Sara - I trust that your weekend was good. πŸ’—

I've just freshened my Do List. Walking is the centerpiece of the day.

Waves to all who pop by today 🌴

Lana

268.8 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Morning!

Lana- yes Thursday and Saturday are but I may have double booked Saturday so Saturday may be TBD. Mom and grandma are doing great! Praying it continues that way! I’m finding to do lists are necessary. Brain isn’t remembering everything with so many things going on.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Soup was potato, onion, cheese and chili beans - chicken in freezer was open and not useable.

Soccer - grandma's eye candy continues. Nice way to end day. :wink:

Got 5k I dont stress, I figure some days are just going to be that way.

Lots of rain yesterday, and I see nothing in the 80s this week - so maybe autumn has stayed.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    cgwwa7mov8d7.jpeg
    *** October 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - bummer about the chicken in the freezer, but your soup sounds gooooood!
    Yes, hopefully your area is finished with the high heat. Enjoy~

Missy - ah, the Do List! A friend and foe both!

Time to eat lunch and get going.

Lana

266.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Can finally dive into my non summer wardrobe.

Got 6k today even if I did have to take some in house laps.

• joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, starting back up again after a long hiatus - fell off the wagon when my mom passed away last year and haven't been able to get it together. Trying again because I have hit my emergency weight, nothing fits anymore, and I'm tired of being so out of shape! πŸ™ˆ Determined to get back on track. Most of the friends I had have gone inactive, so I'm looking to connect with new friends, especially the over-40s! Please feel free to send a friend request and I will do the same. Thanks!! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    zs48sdfnxrxs.jpeg
    *** October 25 ***

Joolie - Welcome~ Condolences on losing your mother--very difficult times...
    Glad to hear you are starting back up again!

Sara - Do you remember the Saturday Night Live skit on "sweater weather"? Google it....
    Yes, it's that time of year~

What's for lunch? I must go hunting in the kitchen....

Lana

266.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got so much done at work that it evened things out from yesterday. Shaking head. World not making too much sense at the moment.

Found too many chicken items in freezer where the zip loc was broken - conspiracy? No just not paying attention. Luckily I have freezer bags to move them to in the future.

Joolie - welcome, sorry about your loss. Stop by when you can and keep us posted.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Got chicken cooling. Came in my delivery and baked some for tomorrow's lunch. Add rice and some sauce and yummy.

Tomorrow is that wonderful day most of us have been working for. Went on a walk after work and got my 6k.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    z13b1crn8xui.jpeg
    *** October 27 ***

Happy Friday everybody~

I could not get to this website yesterday - very strange. I just kept getting an error page. Glad it's all better today.

Any plans for the weekend? I might go to the farmers market, and I might make a big batch of soup, depending on what I find there.

*Cabana Boys are setting up for the Big Happy Hour celebration 🌺🌴*

Lana

265.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    hwhkepg5liea.jpeg
    *** October 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Just getting us started. I'm up too early, but couldn't sleep more.

Wishing y'all a great Saturday πŸ‚πŸπŸŽƒ

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Crock potted 3 large chicken breasts (not organic...) and will make chicken enchiladas and zucchini enchiladas tomorrow, they freeze alright. I have left over chicken in freezer to use down the road.

I got my haircut and then went to asian store. Bought snacks for the hairdresser and her daughter. Could watch soccer online so came home early.

• LanaCabana537
    edited October 2023
    Options
    2i3f5zo9ahy2.jpeg
    *** October 29 ***

Hi Sara ~~
    I hope that you are pleased with your haircut πŸ’‡πŸ»β€β™€οΈ 😊

Well, today has not been a good day. Brain chemicals are way off, and I am just depressed and crying.
    "Murphy" spent the whole day with me: everything that could go wrong with my pool went wrong today. I am just too old to do things that were possible a few years ago. I can no longer manage putting the cover on it. I just gave up. Plus it was 82Β° out there today.

I am not going to shove food in my face to "fix" things, although I would love to. I could eat half of a cake right now. (There is none in the house.)

Lana

266.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Sunday,

Would it be worth it to pay someone to get the cover on the pool? I know its $$ but it is cheaper than getting rid of pool etc.

Enchiladas - I made zucchini cheese and chicken cheese - are cooling off. I have 3 bags of shredded chicken in the freezer now.

Tomorrow is work, okay that stinks, but I can have soup or enchiladas, nice to have a choice.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sand out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    22maba1rvdld.jpeg
    *** October 30 ***

Good morning All~

Yes, Sara, I should have asked the pool boys to put the cover on last week. They seem to show up on a Wednesday or Thursday. But I make silly choices more and more as I get older, and I said to myself "the leaves aren't falling yet...." Well, over the weekend they started coming down with a vengeance. That's why I tried to get the cover on by myself. Gah.
    I'm going to try again today, in the morning when it is cooler, and I'm less worn down.

Of all of the usual things that can go wrong as I get old, I realize that making poor decisions is something I need to stay aware of....no snap decisions + asking for opinions of others.

On balance though, I have been improving my food choices overall. That's good.

Lana

266.2 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    PS - I got that danged cover on. Never again. I've put all sorts of warnings in next year's calendar!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Scale is telling me I am making repeated bad choices. Hmmm. Like Lana says - the scale will always let you know.

I have my butterfly themed mask and headband in my bag for work tomorrow. I have to remember to wear a blue top as the butterflies are black/blue.

Lets see if I can guilt myself into washing dishes? Its cold enough hot chocolate just might be the bribe.