Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday all from rainy little Rhody!

Had planned to make a dent in raking today. Got some done before it started to rain pretty steadily. Was up 1.4 pounds. Tracked every day since Tuesday. Hope is to keep it up. First mini goal other than tracking and staying within calories is to get under 200 lbs only 10.5 to lose. Pool is having maintenance done so no swimming but will try to get to a Zumba class or just get on the machines. Still walking at lunch with my coworkers. Not expecting to lose this upcoming week with thanksgiving in there. Can’t believe it’s already Thanksgiving week. It’s now the 2 week mark until class starts! It’s a leadership class so it should be interesting.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

~Missy

HW: 228.8
    CW: 210.4
    GW: 110
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Hi All

So I had 65 bucks in rewards cash to Michaels from buying my artificial tree there. It was due to expire early next month so I went there today to see what I could buy. Well I started in the Christmas decorations but I already have more than enough, then I remembered my coworker saying there is edible markers for decorating cookies and such almost went and bought that stuff but then was like why would I buy stuff to make stuff I shouldn’t eat. Moved on. Looked at picture frames and frames for my diploma. But I rather keep mine safely locked up. Made my way over to the knitting and crochet aisle and stocked up on a new kit to teach myself how to crochet and re learn how to knit. Picked up my mom stuff too as she wants to do it with me. I also picked up a couple of boxes to paint for Christmas gifts. Will post the finished products when done.

Got some new runners for the bedroom. And other stuff that I needed.

~ Missy

zgsg9m5lksy4.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,890 Member
    Options
    wqm8hw5yfqu2.jpeg
    *** November 20 ***

Hi Missy~ How cool about Michael's!! Good for you! You'll do OK this week. What day is your weigh-in day?

Sara - Do you get Friday off this week, or is it a work day for you?

We've got rain coming for the next two days. I'd better get out there and walk today.

BBL

Lana

268.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,350 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday,

Today is the day for a pink doughnut. Many of us have a short week as we get Thursday off. Some of us get Friday off as well.

Steps today were meager. I may have to try and get into the coat that makes me feel like a large marshmallow as it is quite cold in the morning. We had a very late and brief Fall.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    zhbiib2jy8nr.jpeg
    *** November 21 ***

Good morning all~~

Wow, there are far more cobwebs than usual in my brain this morning. Why did I agree to drop the car off so early for its servicing? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Wishing all of you a very good day today~

*🌴 flagging down Cabana Boy for more black coffee ☕️*

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana I hope you got that good cup of coffee and your car is okay.

The coat this morning worked beautifully, only my head and hands were cold. Work wont turn heat on so I asked if I could wear my knitted cap to stay warm.

One more day until a long string of days no having to go to work. I must be patient.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    cewwx2ai38cp.png
    *** November 22 ***

Hello All~~

I'm getting here late today. It's been a lazy day here.

Waving to Sara & Missy and everyone else who stops by later on....

Lana

268.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Email today informed me thank you for applying we chose another. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

My job tomorrow is to stick to my planned big meal which by normal standards is lighter on calories and go take a couple good walks. Tonight was crash and burn heavy on sugar and chocolate.

Wishing all who are celebrating tomorrow a wonderful Thanksgiving. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited November 2023
    Options
    5l1gz9d6qs5q.png
    *** November 23 ***

Oh, Sara - So sorry about the email. Sending you big hugs.
    You've got four days off - keep yourself busy, help other people, and hang in there. Oh, and enjoy some yummy food. 😋 🩷

Lana

268.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Good evening,

Email today informed me thank you for applying we chose another. Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!

My job tomorrow is to stick to my planned big meal which by normal standards is lighter on calories and go take a couple good walks. Tonight was crash and burn heavy on sugar and chocolate.

Wishing all who are celebrating tomorrow a wonderful Thanksgiving. Stay safe and sane out there.

Sorry to hear.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    7zgwn83n6ssq.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Trip to Asian store (one of the few places open on holidays). Got stuff I decided I cant substitute and snacks (caramel /peanut butter puffs). Have 1500 steps so far and will get another walk in soon.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Enjoy however you celebrate.

Wishing all a great day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    UPDATE - 5K steps and counting.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Missy,

This is what happens when you ignore the computer -I missed your post about knitting and crocheting. What is nice is that if you see something but hate the color, you can make your own. There are some really good websites (I had to learn by book when I was young (pre computer) and I had to watch someone to get it) for both. Let me know if you want the sites I use.

Scarves are your easiest and l use the garter stitch only to make scarves for the homeless.

Good for you!!!
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Missy,

This is what happens when you ignore the computer -I missed your post about knitting and crocheting. What is nice is that if you see something but hate the color, you can make your own. There are some really good websites (I had to learn by book when I was young (pre computer) and I had to watch someone to get it) for both. Let me know if you want the sites I use.

Scarves are your easiest and l use the garter stitch only to make scarves for the homeless.

Good for you!!!

I would definitely like to know the sites you use. Any help helps lol. Haha and yes ignoring the computer can do that. Love the fact that it doesn’t have to be the same color can be creative.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    UPDATE - 5K steps and counting.

Whoohoo
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    wqm8hw5yfqu2.jpeg
    *** November 20 ***

Hi Missy~ How cool about Michael's!! Good for you! You'll do OK this week. What day is your weigh-in day?

Sara - Do you get Friday off this week, or is it a work day for you?

We've got rain coming for the next two days. I'd better get out there and walk today.

BBL

Lana

268.2 today

Hi! I know right?!? My weigh in day is usually Saturdays. I sometimes step on the scale a couple of times a week tho or try to. That stinks about the rain.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    vix1dejeo229.jpeg
    *** November 24 ***

Good morning all~~

Another gorgeous day! Yay!

Waves to Missy and Sara and anyone who stops by later on 🌊

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🏖️*

Lana

267.0 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good morning,

Some phone call woke me up at 7:30 so I thought get up and get going. 3k already this morning. Cold and windey.

Missy crochet go to for me is happyberrycrochet on youtube - I am making her angels at the moment, but she had a tutorial where you can make a flower never having crocheted before which I love. Knitting is Knitpurlhunter on you tube. I like the filming and she goes slowly and it is a seriously good resource. You can ask me any questions as well.

Lana - walk while your coffee is being made. I get a couple hundred steps - the all add up.

Today is reading and knitting and walking. I already broke down kitchen food boxes so that's enough for now!!

:Wishing all a wonderful day. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • gemwolf110
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good morning,

Some phone call woke me up at 7:30 so I thought get up and get going. 3k already this morning. Cold and windey.

Missy crochet go to for me is happyberrycrochet on youtube - I am making her angels at the moment, but she had a tutorial where you can make a flower never having crocheted before which I love. Knitting is Knitpurlhunter on you tube. I like the filming and she goes slowly and it is a seriously good resource. You can ask me any questions as well.

Lana - walk while your coffee is being made. I get a couple hundred steps - the all add up.

Today is reading and knitting and walking. I already broke down kitchen food boxes so that's enough for now!!

:Wishing all a wonderful day. Stay safe and sane out there.

Thank you so much! Will check them out. Appreciate it! 🩷