Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,349 Member
    Options
    got my 5k and the day is not done. bring on the calories!!
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I am a serial starer.

Here is why I belong here

Age 26 weight 180
    Age 28 weight 160
    Age 30 weight 135
    Age 32 weight 160
    Age 34 weight 230

Yes I have tracked for this long. I just inputted my birthday date

Here I go again
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    got my 5k and the day is not done. bring on the calories!!

Yes 🙌🏻
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am a serial starer.

Here is why I belong here

Age 26 weight 180
    Age 28 weight 160
    Age 30 weight 135
    Age 32 weight 160
    Age 34 weight 230

Yes I have tracked for this long. I just inputted my birthday date

Here I go again

Welcome!! You’ve got this!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,888 Member
    Options
    7g0wixxlvian.jpeg
    *** November 25 ***

Happy Saturday all~~

Just checking in....

BBL

Lana

269.0 hot dogs & buns
  • MariaTheGhoul
    MariaTheGhoul Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

I can't remember how many times I've restarted this journey, but I'm determined to make it stick this time :)
  • hpurteeagent
    hpurteeagent Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ever since I had my first child I have struggled with weight. Looking back over my fitness pal journey, it has been 3 years since I have been at a decent weight and 6 years since I've been at my best. Struggles with life, work, and the depression from losing my father have led me down a dark road these last 2 years. Jan 20, 2022 my dad passed away and I have had no desire for anything since then. It's almost been 2 years and I can't keep on this path. This past Thanksgiving I cried all day and ate all day. Holidays are hard, but I refuse to let Christmas turn out the same way. Looking to get in a better mind set and on a healthier path..and hoping to find some support and friends along the way.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Sunday Evening,

Sorry I fell off the wagon for a couple of days. Holidays are not an easy time. Yesterday I walked, today I went to church and slept. My caloric intake has been okay but that doesnt stop the holiday from being any easier.

Solution, get up and get moving tomorrow.

We have a number of new people and I will greet you. Abowersgirl,MariaTheGhoul,hpurteeagent, you are all very welcome to stop by and post we keep each other accountable if we ask for accountability and we also help keep people a little more sane doing a crazy process in a crazy world.

Lana are are you walking more? Missy thank you for checking in and help greeting.

Dragon waits so I am bringing good coffee to soothe my potential wounds and will walk them away. Watch my soccer and be in my happy place.

Holiday blues (Hopefully not an essay) - get up get moving make your own traditions. You are not your neighbor (thank God! - you should see my neighbors) you have nobody you need to impress. You DO have to give yourself the respect of making it through another year which is one reason for these holidays. So, make a list of what you like about each holiday and do it. Eating is the core of all of these holidays- make a deal with yourself and set an exercise goal - if I walk/run etc this amount then I can add x.y.z to my holiday.

We have kept people away from the doughnut boxes and dessert table and we can do it again. Tell us what the hardest thing to resist foodwise is and we can "talk" you through it.

Best thing- you are here and you want to make a difference for yourself. Keep going

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    l3sfpvi0831u.jpeg
    *** November 27 ***

Hey all~~

Welcome to the new peeps!

Sara - I am hearing you when you say about holidays to make our own traditions.

These past 6 or 7 years I've been longing for the past and for how warm and fuzzy it was.

Well, family members are dead and gone. Husbands and co-workers are no longer in my life. The holidays are radically different for me.

But - I can either live in a rut or go forward and make my own new holidays. Yours are very wise words, my dear friend. Thank you and big hugs 🤗

Lana

267.6 today

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

My manager is the first person I know who has a connection to someone who works at Costco, so I will make sure her comment to help me find a new job holds true.

Cold here. My normally too warm coat is doing well when I walk to work.
    5500 steps today.

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday evening,

They announced at work that the person given the lead position in my division is at least someone I like.

Got the minimum steps today so it is enough.

• LanaCabana537
    Options

Hi Sara -

I'm getting here way late on a Tuesday.....

Appointment with new dentist yesterday went OK while I was there, but boy, I do not like them enough to return.

It was a gorgeous new office. But the practice is very different than what I am used to: there is no hygienist. There's a dental assistant who does a light cleaning and polishing and takes X-rays, and then the dentist came in and did more cleaning with the water-scaler, and he did a perfunctory job at that.

No oral cancer screening. No perio exam with the measuring of the gum depths and checking for bleeding or other problems.
    Exam was a glancing look and declaration that my mouth looked good. What!?

They want to replace two crowns. Should they discover that those teeth "need a root canal", they will do it right away in that same appointment and they do it only once.
    (I know it's called root canal therapy for a reason.)

I could go on.....
    Prices are much higher than Manhattan, and I was paying top dollar at my old top-notch dentist!

I am in shock.
    I will be looking for a different dentist.
    If you read all of my rant, I thank you.

*sob*

Lana

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    oe3ctrxtuioc.jpeg
    *** November 29 ***

Hello All~~

Just checking in. Tomorrow is travel day up to the Big Apple.
    I hope that I get there unscathed.

How are you all doing today in the middle of the week?

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana when you finally get a chance to stop by, see if anyone you know in NY knows a dentist where you now are. Our gums have been around the barn not the time to ignore them. I pay a lot for my dentist but the team does a good job.

Hope you get a lot of steps in the airport -silver lining in there!!

Washed my handwash dishes so I cake bake cookies tomorrow. Baking makes enough of a mess, why not do it in stages? Eggs and hashbrown (microwaved) for dinner.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    g919n86x2nzm.jpeg
    *** November 30 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - I wish I could be with you to smell the cookies baking!! Mmmm... 😋

Time to get going....

Waves to all who stop by today.

Lana

269.8 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

I realized the bake sale is Sunday so I can make them Saturday - at least I hope so. Hit the mental wall today so dont want to do anything complicated in the kitchen (okay that's most days - but I would rather not temp the smoke detector).

Got 5k and today I am okay with that.

• LanaCabana537
    edited December 2023
    Options
    5v8niorizbuj.jpeg
    *** December 1 ***

Hello all~~

Just checking in. I am quite tired, so it's time for a nap.

Sara - I hope you get home and have a well-deserved rest.

Waving to Missy and anyone else who stops by later on.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana!! We made it to Friday and I am not in jail for assaulting anyone. That is worth a double high octane drink with an umbrella. Dragon has been firing out orders like a cook at a diner. If you cant keep up the phrase is "too bad". I kept a low profile to stay out of karma's way.

Yes, I get to sleep tonight and sleep in a little. I am chosing not to make cookies for bake sale at church or help them set up their holiday sale. I am going to my favorite asian market and getting the makings for pot roast (crockpot) and korean meals.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    3j6bxtne0y2v.jpeg
    *** December 2 ***

Sara - so glad that you are not in jail!! 🤣
    The pot roast and korean sound wonderful.

The skies are dark and ugly here, and the city smells like exhaust. Ugh.

*tossing beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴*

Lana

268.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Almost started a fire in the kitchen (not a good multi - tasker in the kitchen), melted part of my crock pot (one is "in the mail), and my pot roast is almost done.

Baking vegetables tomorrow for roast and stir fry with the rest of the vegetables including Yam Leaves I found at Asian market qualifies as a "green" vegetable . Roast and veg will be frozen as well as the leftover Korean Food.

Rain here - always welcome. Soccer on which is always good for my mood. Got to see my favorite backside today.

Steps not too good but not bad for a weekend.

Lana - would a mask help with the smell of the air or is it too strong?