People/Things at the gym that piss you off?..

Options
kalieah
kalieah Posts: 143 Member
What are some things that piss you off or make you mad at the gym, like bad etiquette and stuff?

A bit of a rant-ish type thing ;)

Replies

• Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    naked people walking around in the locker
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    People who get mad about stuff at the gym make me mad.
  • kalieah
    kalieah Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    People who get mad about stuff at the gym make me mad.
    Haha! Ikr. But its kinda interesting and funny:3
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Weights not being racked. Weights not being racked properly. Not wiping your sweat print from the bench\equipment.
    That is all that comes to mind.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    People who get mad at people who get mad about stuff at the gym.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    People who get mad at people who get mad about stuff at the gym.

When they walk by, whisper to someone "yeah, they should really have a doctor look at that."
  • WestCoastWild
    WestCoastWild Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When you show up for your favorite class, and your least favorite instructor is there as a sub :P
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    people who get on the cardio machines in the circuit and do full workouts on them while i'm trying to circuit train - when there are cardio machines free outside the circuit. People who go the wrong direction around the circuit. People who do a 5 minute workout then stand around congratulating themselves out loud about how awesome their workout was. People who stink - wash your gym clothes EVERY time, people! People who stare at you and then copy you but don't talk to you - if you're interested in my workout I don't mind showing you but don't just stare at me!
  • SteveStedge1
    SteveStedge1 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    People making love to a machine. Camping out for 10-15 minutes on one weight machine.

Dropping weights, grunting so loud the whole place can hear, leaving weights around, not putting **** back, leaving weights racked on bars instead of returning them, guys posing in mirrors not actually lifting (an employee at our local golds would do this constantly), guys in the closet walking around naked in the locker rooms, doing gross stuff like sitting on benches naked, clipping your toenails in the locker room (no, cant make this up).

People not wiping their sweat off the cardio machines when paper towels and sprayers are everywhere as well as signs,
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    The token treadmill and stationary bike taking up space :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    People doing lunges and what not in the squat rack. There are only two squat racks at my gym and it annoys me to no end when people do **** other than squat in the squat rack.
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Look at my giant 2 gallon jug of water!
    Hydrate! Yes, but even a big bottle doesn't shout "Im so grindy i dont have 10 seconds to refill a proper bottle.
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    People who concentrate more on how they look doing something instead of actually doing it with proper form.
  • kenmunson333
    kenmunson333 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    The exercise groupie at my gym who never seems to work out herself but sits on the cardio machine next to someone who is trying to work out and wants to talk constantly.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ole Mono-ball hogging the hair dryer....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Leg up nut driers. Try to stand there talking with ya as you are sitting on the bench.

Rude.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The woman who does nothing but talk while she's doing her 'cardio'. She'll talk to the person next to her, people walking by and if she's not currently talking to someone she will look around frantically for someone to bother. She tried hitting my husband up with conversation once and he wasn't responding and she got mad.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    People doing lunges and what not in the squat rack. There are only two squat racks at my gym and it annoys me to no end when people do **** other than squat in the squat rack.

I do OHP in the squat rack and use the squat bar for deads. There is no where else I can do them.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I understand you have to rest in between sets, but being so involved in your texting that your rest period is minutes, just jump off let me have a set then you can go back. Don't waste my time. Your texts can't be that good!!

Slamming weights does not impress me. When you lose control of your weights and slam them you can hurt yourself. Don't expect me to help you when you are the cause of your injury.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Always #1.) Not wiping down the equipment. The cleaner and paper towels are RIGHT THERE...seriously? You're dripping!