GROSSED OUT (rant)

Options
Is it just me? Is it because I've lost almost 50 pounds and am close to my goal weight? When certain people suck down massive amounts of junk food, I want to run away screaming. Does anyone else have this issue with the non dieter they're living or working with? Let's not even talk about post binge breath. FML

Replies

• ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    YES! I have the hardest time watching my husband eat now that i dont binge like that any more.... i just want to grab the junk out of his hand and throw it away. It really does gross me out. Saying anything starts a fight so i just let him eat what he wants...i cant control him that way.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I get quite disgusted by what people have in their baskets/trollies at the supermarket
  • Otter1422
    Otter1422 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not there yet mostly just want to join them. Although maybe I am close last night my wife went back for some more food at our kids swimming fundraiser potato party and got some nacho cheese chips and I was watching her eat it like come on enough already, first time ever I think I have thought that in any case I did not say anything.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I feel like the oddball then. I doesn't gross me out. I rather feel pity for them. Because I was there. I try to be a role model, to show them it can be done. And some are noticing. Without condescension, without lecture. Just by example.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Doesnt bother me at all.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I tend to pay attention to what I eat and leave other people alone, but that's just me.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I figure that when I was sucking down greaseball burgers like they were going out of fashion, if I'd found out that someone was thinking I was gross or judging me, I'd have told them to go $%^& themselves, so I don't do it to others.

Ex smokers and ex fatties, man.
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    no, but it seems like every time I'm at the gym, the Travel Channel has some show where someone is eating a massive amount of food. Watching that while sweating my fat *kitten* off makes me want to hurl.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    [img][/img]
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I figure that when I was sucking down greaseball burgers like they were going out of fashion, if I'd found out that someone was thinking I was gross or judging me, I'd have told them to go $%^& themselves, so I don't do it to others.

Ex smokers and ex fatties, man.

^^^This. No judgment here. And, I'm still a junk food junkie. I just eat less of it and do so in moderation.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    How high and mighty we become when we learn how to eat right. Im just as guilty....
  • _xXJennXx_
    _xXJennXx_ Posts: 3,290 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to what others do. Not really my business.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    People as judgmental as yourself are the ones who make the fears inside my head a reality.

I always worry that others judge me, and I'm sure some of them such as yourself do.

Great job. Pat yourself on the back for being a complete *kitten*.
  • okcat4
    okcat4 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Im with Alatriel. I do catch my self being very critical internally, but don't voice. I am far FAR from perfect and have crappy days, so I have no room to speak. I do try to offer better choices, but ultimately it isi their choice. Hubs still eats like a college kid and smokes, so , daily practice.... When I cook, he either ha to cook his own or eat what was prepared, which he does with out complaint and so far has been pleasantly surprised when it is "not gross". and has flavor. LOL!
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Wow. Judge much?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Wow, talk about holier-than-thou. It doesn't matter what you eat, what matters is how that food fits into the context of your daily intake, I have fast food regularly and am still very healthy. You sound like the "clean" eater type who has no idea how nutrition actually works. Keep living in your fantasy world where only grilled chicken breast and oats are the key to health...
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I don't. I got fit so I could incorporate fast food into a healthy lifestyle. So when I see people getting their binge on, I'm like YEAH! GET IT!!! Even if they're big. Who knows, maybe they've lost 50 pounds and that's their victory binge.

Now cats. Don't get me started on cats. You wanna talk gross? Ugh!
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    YES! I have the hardest time watching my husband eat now that i dont binge like that any more.... i just want to grab the junk out of his hand and throw it away. It really does gross me out. Saying anything starts a fight so i just let him eat what he wants...i cant control him that way.

What a pleasure you must be to have around.
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    I tend to pay attention to what I eat and leave other people alone, but that's just me.

Exactly.

And to think... if you think of this now what did people think of you before you lost weight?

This comes across very vain.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options

What a pleasure you must be to have around.

Se is a wonderful pleasure to be around. If you knew her story you would know why she feels this way. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, stop bashing,