GROSSED OUT (rant)

Options

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Is it just me? Is it because I've lost almost 50 pounds and am close to my goal weight? When certain people suck down massive amounts of junk food, I want to run away screaming. Does anyone else have this issue with the non dieter they're living or working with? Let's not even talk about post binge breath. FML

I just ate 1200 calories at Wendy's and am about to tear into some ice cream and Oreos. It's delicious.

Seriously though, it's not healthy IMO to find big delicious meals "disgusting." That's not a healthy relationship with food. Food is food. If you could eat like that and not gain a pound you know you would. I would. It's not disgusting, it's yummy. The healthy, well-adjusted thing to do is learn moderation when appropriate and learn when you can go ahead and eat 2000 calories of whateva. Then proceed to do so.
  • bettysueANDboe
    Options
    I always think, 'If they can demolish food like that imagine what they're like in bed.'

Then I walk over and give them my number.

Ravish a bag of chips = ravish me. Totally logical. ;P That's my rationale for everything!
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    It only bothers me when I don't have enough calories to eat it too. :grumble: Then I grumble about having to go run for an hour to eat the whole pizza I want to eat and not "feel bad" about it and I hate running.
    So I don't run, and don't get the pizza and then I grumble about not having it, and end up getting just a slice for lunch at work the next day.
    hahaha
    (had that today.... SOOO good...)

Tonight I wanted oreos. But they were like 160 calories for 3. I only had about 70. But I wanted 10 Oreos. I grumble, decline the Oreos... Then my brother goes and eats one. I sit there and watch him thinking, HE gets an Oreo and I don't?! WTF!? But he only had one. I can't settle for one. lol I know me. :angry:

I don't get grossed out by what people are eating unless they eat bugs. :sick:

Went off on a tangent..... TL;DR - Answer: no. :laugh:
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    *BURPPP*

^^^^^ was somewhat turned on by this............ Hope that grosses someone out too......:tongue:

:flowerforyou:
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Not grossed out, but a little jealous! I don't miss binging, but I do miss the bliss of it. Ahhhhh, to eat and not give a single $&%#.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I really don't pay that much attention to what other people eat.

Mostly, I wish I could still eat massive amounts of junk and not gain weight. I miss my metabolism.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I just ate a entire large pizza, a bag of tapatio flavored Doritos and 1/2 a bottle of wine by myself. I've never been fat and I don't starve myself. To me, it's about living the life I want to lead. If the scale says I weigh 104 instead of 102, I don't sweat it. I just rectify it later. I eat until I'm happy and content.
    Where can I find these Tapatio Doritos you speak of?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Wow. This post made me crave a Double Whopper.

I need to gif it so OP can watch me eat it. All.
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hey wait a minute! Who doesn't like cats? Our cat is awesome and unique. First, she sleeps all day(which is actually pretty normal), and she loves taking showers. Then she stuffs her face(totally gross) and takes her fat @ss back to sleep. Wait, that last part is me, not the cat!:smile:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

You eat that thing. You eat it all!!! No take home doggie bag for you, you dirty....sorry, where was I?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    IN 4 the Judgy McJudgersons

^ This. Just love the sanctimony.

Someone pass the Cheetos and Diet Coke.

In as well...and to say if I found myself having such negativity towards people and their food, I'd take a step back to review my mental health.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    People as judgmental as yourself are the ones who make the fears inside my head a reality.

I always worry that others judge me, and I'm sure some of them such as yourself do.

Great job. Pat yourself on the back for being a complete *kitten*.

LOL! I agree. No need for a person to be judgemental just because they've attained their goal weight
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    No, what other people eat does not bug me like that. Usually I am eating more food than any person I see. When I do see someone who is eating more than me I just think about getting what they are eating next time.

Me too
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I feel like the oddball then. I doesn't gross me out. I rather feel pity for them. Because I was there. I try to be a role model, to show them it can be done. And some are noticing. Without condescension, without lecture. Just by example.

I am with you on this post. I pretty much don't care what others do. When people are eating like that and ask me about my weight loss, asking "How did you lose so much weight?" I just say by doing the opposite of what you are doing.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options

You eat that thing. You eat it all!!! No take home doggie bag for you, you dirty....sorry, where was I?

dg15k4_th.gif
  • 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow. Judge much?

I love you, VJ!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm usually jealous instead.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am mentally adding up those
    empty calories and thinking of going over
    to the dark side but then remember how
    my choices are best and how bad it would
    be to slip into that old rut. I have took them
    (my mom and hubby both) aside and told
    them their calories but neither care enough
    to quit.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Nah, I'm usually jealous instead.

Same, and in to find tomorrow (unless it gets locked).
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I tend to pay attention to what I eat and leave other people alone, but that's just me.

Ditto