GROSSED OUT (rant)

Options

Replies

• kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Meh, to each their own. Yes, sometimes I notice the large array of unhealthy food in some people's trolleys, for example, but how am I to know whether they are just buying it as a one off for a party, or a fun weekend when most of the time they eat pretty well? And ultimately, who am I to judge anyway?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    dg15k4_th.gif

Santana_gross.gif
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    People as judgmental as yourself are the ones who make the fears inside my head a reality.

I always worry that others judge me, and I'm sure some of them such as yourself do.

Great job. Pat yourself on the back for being a complete *kitten*.

I dont mind you calling me a douchbag.....yes when i see my husband ( not strangers because i could care less if they want to make gluttons of themselves) devouring a bag of chips or Mcdonalds etc just because then yeah its not so attractive.

FYI.....there is not ONE SINGLE person in this world who is not judgemental in some way or form....You included ms high and mighty!!
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The main issue is that the kind of "gross out" you're talking about is what creates shame in a lot of people... which usually creates self-loathing, which usually pushes along that over-eating into a really ugly cycle. If someone had expressed that they were grossed out by your eating habits prior to you losing weight, I'm not sure you would have taken it as well meant criticism from someone who made better choices.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    yes I say my family eat s like pigs now that I actually notice how much they eat and how many snacks they eat
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I don't mind too much unless they're shoveling it in their mouth directly from the serving plates at the Chinese Buffet, and then it's more of an annoyance that I'll have to wait for them to be finished before I can fill my plate again.

I'm an ex-fat girl/overeater and an ex-smoker and I swore that I would never be sanctimonious or judge others who have not yet engaged in the same healthful choices that I made. We all have our vices and we all take a different path to where we need to be. I still have faults, and I would be very hurt if someone close to me was ranting about how my behavior grossed them out.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    No. I don't really pay attention to what others eat and am glad no one say me eat (or not eat) before. Or maybe they did, but thought all these thoughts and didn't say anything to me...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP, I personally don't give a rats rear end what other people are doing. I'm doing good to behave myself.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I only get grossed out if they are making a lot of noise while eating. :sick: THAT is disguisting and I sometimes have to walk away depending on how loud it is. But I don't judge by what/how much someone else eats.

ETA and my SO and daughter are such LOUD eaters :sad:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    dg15k4_th.gif

Santana_gross.gif

orig-13571771.jpg
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    dg15k4_th.gif

Santana_gross.gif

orig-13571771.jpg

huh.gif
  • MellMo1971
    MellMo1971 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I also cannot count on one hand how many greasy burger commercials I have to watch while working out. The advertising is just everywhere.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    YES! I have the hardest time watching my husband eat now that i dont binge like that any more.... i just want to grab the junk out of his hand and throw it away. It really does gross me out. Saying anything starts a fight so i just let him eat what he wants...i cant control him that way.

What a pleasure you must be to have around.

Se is a wonderful pleasure to be around. If you knew her story you would know why she feels this way. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, stop bashing,

I don't have to know the full story. The fact that she goes as far to say that her husband's eating grosses her out is enough for me base my opinion on. :flowerforyou:

You can't control your subconscious biases and internal reactions. All you can do is determine how these will dictate your behavior. She said she doesn't try to control her husband's behavior.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I volunteer to take all the Oreo's.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Very common noob reaction. You'll outgrow it.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Oh hey thanks OP for pinching this one off on a forum filled with many people struggling with binge eating, and the lovely self-loathing that often accompanies it! Way to give validity to their fears and a face to the voices in their heads! You've sure done your part, WTG!!!!

Snap into a SlimJim and stick to cats, thx.
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I volunteer to take all the Oreo's.

Um...You may need to fight me for those... :wink:
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    dg15k4_th.gif

Santana_gross.gif

orig-13571771.jpg

huh.gif

bennet-ooh.gif
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Confession: I still suck down massive amounts of junk food on occasion. Sorry not sorry to anyone that's ever been grossed out by that.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    YES! I have the hardest time watching my husband eat now that i dont binge like that any more.... i just want to grab the junk out of his hand and throw it away. It really does gross me out. Saying anything starts a fight so i just let him eat what he wants...i cant control him that way.

What a pleasure you must be to have around.

Yes actually i am thanks!....im not talking about junk food in general.....im not a clean eater.....i am referring to pure gluttony....not some chips.....ALL the chips.....not dinner but, McDonalds right after dinner......enough said.....STFU already and pull the stick out

I'm sorry, let me clarify.

Your husband must feel great being judged by his other half.