Longest that you have been single for?

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    I didn't date until I was 22, but that one stuck. He's pretty awesome.
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Since boyfriends began, longest I was single for was a year and that was the year until I met my current boyfriend of four years! Before him, longest relationship was a mere 6 months. So, go us!

*It's late and 'boyfriends' wasn't supposed to be possessive (though some of them were)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I have been single since my ex wife and I separated 3 years ago. I think that is the longest. If not, it's close.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Married at 19...

...together 23 years this September...

...so I have no idea what I'm even doing in this thread.

Could someone please show an old married guy to the door?
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Had my first boyfriend at 25 (not even anything casual before that, or anyone showing any interest at all). Lasted around 2.5 years. Been single since we broke up and I just turned 30. Exciting, eh?
  • fatasfatass69
    Options
    >tfw no gf
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Always, or in other words 22 years and some months.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Turtle?

1317226832_turtle_escape_fail.gif

Turtle.
  • _skinnydreaming
    Options
    19 years, 11 months.... forever alone.

2m799iq.jpg
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Turtle?

1317226832_turtle_escape_fail.gif

Turtle.

Vt30xFj.jpg
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    about 21 months I think, and that's up to now. So ladies, currently single.....hit me up! lol
  • OllyReeves
    OllyReeves Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Married at 19...

...together 23 years this September...

...so I have no idea what I'm even doing in this thread.

Could someone please show an old married guy to the door?

Have I had my tea? What are all these people doing in my bedroom?
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all the powerful, independent women/men out there. There is something to be said for standing it alone, but not lonely! Cheers!
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    10 years and counting.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    22 years - never had a real relationship. And a year and a half since I was last seeing anyone. It's getting very very boring now.
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Since what age? Haha, only ever been in one relationship which was 2 years long, otherwise flying solo :(
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I love being single, but I love being in a relationship too. So the longest I've been single is about 5 months (2 of which I was living with my current boyfriend). I wish I could stay single longer because it would be better for developing a career if I could move wherever I wanted without worrying about leaving or losing someone.
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I did not date in high school. Romance books were my passion...LOL

When I entered college I started dating but those didn't go so well.

During my first date the guy told me that we should go back to his place to *study*. When I said no thanks he made sure that I knew that I was giving up "10 inches" of fun...*wink *wink.

My second date was kind of gross. The guy was like a hoover vacuum. And his hands wouldn't stop touching. Dude I have no intentions tonguing all evening on our FIRST date. So he didn't get a second one.

My third date the guy couldn't keep his hands off of me. He was like octopus hands. It was not a good date. I gave in and gave him a second date and that one was even worse if that was even possible but indeed it was.

Now mind you have a super kinky mind but I am not a lets go all the way girl on the FIRST or even SECOND freaking date.

I was pretty much single for three years as I don't could high school.

My husband won me by not even trying to touch me on the first, second, third, fourth etc...date We'd been dating for 3 weeks before he kissed me. He seriously waited longer than I ever expected someone to. Anyways we've met 11.5 years ago and we are still together.
  • Thadreamer87
    Options
    Been single about a year now. Waiting to get to my goal weight before I start dating again. I'm focusing on me for right now.
  • gwendelyn718
    Options
    4 years. I have herpies. *crickets* ... yea thats the response i get then they run like theyve seen a zombie. Im a attractive girl but the "H" puts all that at a hault. sucks i gota sit and watch everyone be happy with someone.