Longest that you have been single for?

Options

Replies

• CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i'm stoked to see a lot of others with long times of being single. I felt like that was really good for me. I also just can't waste my time on something unless I really feel it. I have only been in love three times.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    My first "real" boyfriend was at 19. That lasted a little over 3 years. Ended very badly. After that I was only single for about 3 months, till I met my boyfriend now.

So 3 months. Eeeeek.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    A little over 5 years. Then Kindergarten started and well... chicks really dig me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    A good 6-7 years...it was epic. Bang, bang, bang....zero time, patience, or need for a serious relationship when I was in the military...and when I got out and went to college, much the same applied. I of course do enjoy the married family life now, but there were definite advantages to being free and single.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Currently going on 17 months :)
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    A few casual relationships here or there but nothing serious so 7 years of freedom! No lady has ever managed to overcome my A.D.H.D. :laugh:
  • _G4BR13L_
    _G4BR13L_ Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    516dKJa8sZL._SX500_.jpg
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    4 months....
  • sissiluv
    sissiluv Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Try 22 years.
  • dedicationandcommitment
    Options
    Now is the longest I've been single....which is 4 years!!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I was single for 22 years (from birth until my senior year of college), then I married my high-school boyfriend, and we've now been married for 42 years. Am I missing something?
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    18 years and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Probably about a month? I've been dating for 12 years. My typical dating pattern is a long term relationship (a year/few years) followed by a rebound guy or 2, then back to a long term relationship. Currently been with my boyfriend for 4 years and hopefully he will be my last :)
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    Well, I was single for 22 years (from birth until my senior year of college), then I married my high-school boyfriend, and we've now been married for 42 years. Am I missing something?

yes, yes you are.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Not nearly long enough.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    3 years and counting...love it
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    4 days lately and 7 years some time ago but I had a lover for that 7 years..no idea if it counts..still you can be very lonely while being in the crowd...
  • TS3g
    TS3g Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Since ever. Almost 26 and never been on a date.
  • Abenstern
    Abenstern Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was single for just over a year.
  • tjthegreatone
    Options
    29 years...almost 30 :laugh: Heading into crazy cat lady territory, except I don't even like cats :sad:.
    The aim is to stop giving a monkey's and commence my second childhood once I hit 30 :drinker: