Longest that you have been single for?

Options

Replies

• Ladyslippers
    Ladyslippers Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Five years between last high school boyfriend and boyfriend met in college. Dated him for 4 years, married for 15 years, separated for 3, then divorced. Been officially single for almost 3.5 years now and I'm rather liking it. I miss having a close connection with someone--emotionally, mentally, physically--but I don't miss the drama. As a single mom to two boys, working full-time, long commute to/from work, I just don't have a lot of time to think about dating, never mind actually try to. For now, that's okay with me.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have been single for about a year. I probably wouldn't be but I was in a relationship that was perfect and I didn't like that. Does that make sense? I didn't want a perfect relationship, I wanted to feel something. Mostly I felt numb, so I ended it and I regret it, but my heart wasn't in it and it wasn't fair to him so here I am.

My first relationship after my divorce was like that. He was a great guy. I finally had to let him go so he could actually meet someone who appreciated him more.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    7 years when I was really heavy. Glad ship has changed its course since that time. lol
  • healthyandfitgirl14
    healthyandfitgirl14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Well I've never actually been in a serious relationship. I mean I've had things with guys and I've had a few boyfriends back in high school and jr. high but I think the longest one was 3 weeks. Guess they can't handle me. :wink:

So I guess I've been single for my whole life because I don't count those silly, short relationships. :cry:
    But if you count them then I guess I've been single for 1 1/2 years.

I just want a meaningful relationship. *Sigh*
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I was 12 when I had my first boyfriend. Longest was 14 months in middle school. In my adult life, 12 days and counting. I don't know how to feel about it yet.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i prefer being totally single (that means no dates, nada) or in a wonderful, giddy, interdependent and loving relationship. i'm not much of a dater and don't really like playing the field. i'm kind of an all or nothing type.

so, the longest? 24 years. had my first kiss at 17, my first real boyfriend at 24. i'd say my healthiest relationship i've had IN LIFE was just last year. ended in august of '12 and i've been single since (although going on dates here and there, and a couple ONSes). but mostly just getting to know myself and focusing on fitness, nutrition, therapy, relationship with friends and family. i'm 30 now. yay!
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I was single for around a year..Im more of a relationship kinda person though, so somehow I always ended up in a relationship..casual dating was alot of fun though..
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    Right now been single for a little over 3 years.
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Going on the better part of 5 years. Ive 'dated' people but nothing id call a relationship. kill me
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    7 years..........
  • _AllieCat_
    _AllieCat_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I was single for 16 years once. Kidding, kidding. :laugh:

4 years was my max once I already started dating at 16
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    First 14 years of my life and then I met my husband. That was 24 years ago.
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I was 17 before my first boyfriend...so, ahhh, 17 years!!
  • Amazonbella
    Amazonbella Posts: 338
    Options
    I love the single life, I really do. Right now I have been completely single without real dates for about...a year, but i'd be okay if I went another year. If I don't want to be single there are options, I just prefer it this way...until someone really amazing comes and knocks my socks (and other things off! lol) that is ;)
  • Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    All my life.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I was in a relationship that ended in my early twenties, and decided that I preferred to date, and not get too attached, which I did until I got engaged, when I was 33. It was lovely being single, and it's lovely being married. I didn't like fake commitment.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Well, seeing as though I turned 23 last month, that makes.... 23 years!
  • don666car
    don666car Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    0-18 lol true
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    OP is 20 years old. I'm confused. I didn't have a real boyfriend until I was that age.

So since becoming an actual adult, I was single for 6 years.

Currently, I have been single 11 months.
  • t1nk6
    t1nk6 Posts: 215
    Options
    never been single :smile: