Longest that you have been single for?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    15 years. That's how old I was when I met my first boyfriend.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Wait let me count...so am 22 now....uh (22*1)-10+8-((2*4/2))-16+22 = ****, I have been single my whole life. FML!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I'm a little embarrassed to admit that since the age of fourteen (I am 36 now), the longest period of time I've been single is 14 months.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I hate being single...but yes, I know I need to learn to love it. Total adjustment process.

2+ years was the longest before i met baby daddy when I was 17 (im 30 now). After me and baby daddy split 4 years ago, this is the longest ive stayed single: 4 months and counting...
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    22 years. That's how old I was when I met and started dating my husband. Yep...my husband is my first "long term" relationship. I say "long term" because the longest I dated anyone before that was 2 months.

We've been together 13 years and married for 10.
  • xGracieGirlx
    xGracieGirlx Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    5 years was the longest. Currently I'm going on 8 months. I've only had one serious relationship in that time though.
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    If you mean as in not married, my whole life! If you mean as in not romantically involved with anyone in any capacity, probably no more than three months in a row since I started dating. If you mean as in not in a "serious" relationship, well, that's more subjective. Maybe up to a year in a row?
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    10 years. Currently single for so long I can't remember! I think 3 years?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

It is because I am very shy and tend to keep to myself. I'm more of a observer. I speak when spoken directly too. #Sociallyawkward.

I_know_that_feel-(n1301631184128).jpg
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I've been single for just over a year but I'm certainly not settling for anybody who is not the perfect fit! :)
  • ccvolleygirl78
    Options
    As far as a relationship 3 years. It was a bad breakup and I just haven't been able to get back in to a relationship...not that I haven't tried but it was not mutual by one of us....And when gained the weight that definitely didn't help my confidence so pretty sure will stay single for a while. If I am not happy with my appearance right now how could I expect someone else to me?
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I have been single now for exactly 1 year and 11 months (700 days). It was 12 August 2011 when my ex-fiancée decided it was time for our relationship to end. My relationship with her was the only love relationship I've ever been in. So this is also the longest time I've been single. :indifferent: Meh. My future wife is still out there somewhere. We'll meet eventually. Maybe she carries a yellow umbrella. :smile:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    right now, 8 months and counting.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    54 years and enjoying every minute
  • WalkingMermaid_
    WalkingMermaid_ Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Currently 8 years, no kidding! :bigsmile:
  • djshari
    djshari Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I'm now at 8 years and counting...

This is the drawback of being really introverted and just kind of disliking humanity in general. :laugh:
    Mine is closer to 2 but for the same reasons. I have not met enough people I like in my whole life to jump from relationship to relationship like some people do in a year. I would not want to be with anyone like that either though so...
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    6 months, currently 5 but I actually want to be single for at least 12 months,find out who I am and peruse my own interests, avoiding dating is easier than some people make out
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Almost 4 years now! I'm single and I've learned to love it :D
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,329 Member
    Options
    I was single, as in no sexual relationship, for three and a half years. Then I started dating again. Then I met my wonderful husband at the age of 53. The drought was worth it!