Longest that you have been single for?

Options
AlexB422
AlexB422 Posts: 111
Random questions at 1am! yay!

I was letting my mind run free when I realised something. I have been single for...*drum roll* 4 years. Yep. 4 years. It sucks greatly/ It is because I am very shy and tend to keep to myself. I'm more of a observer. I speak when spoken directly too. #Sociallyawkward.

Also, the past couple of years have been busy between graduating, starting college and my weight loss, I suppose I haven't really had time for a relationship. But, has anyone else played a long game in the single life or am I just that pathetic? haha

Replies

• megabyt23
    megabyt23 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    single as in no dates at all or no exclusivity? haha

-single for about a year and a half now lol
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    bout 3 50
  • jaina08
    jaina08 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've talked to guys but never been in an official relationship. So basically I have been single for 20 years, almost 21 by next month.. Lol. Basically my whole life!
  • BeardedMike
    BeardedMike Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    After being together for almost 12 years with a great women, and deciding that it still wasnt what I wanted, I love being single (not to be confused with being alone )
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    What is single? *old timers setting in* lol
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Longest for me (not counting before high school) would probably be a year. Then again, I met my husband when I was 19, got engaged at 20, and married at 21.
  • melb_alex
    melb_alex Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    After being together for almost 12 years with a great women, and deciding that it still wasnt what I wanted, I love being single (not to be confused with being alone )

lol reminds me of...

foreveralone.jpg
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    13 minutes. live life fast yo
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    ummm about 6 months now.
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Nearly 3yrs for me now. Wow, I didn't even realise it had been that long till I totted it up :laugh:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    41 years, the beauty of being asexual.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I'm now at 8 years and counting...

This is the drawback of being really introverted and just kind of disliking humanity in general. :laugh:
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 years, maybe more. I've been too busy being me and, when I've had a relationship, it felt like too much. Not lived with a guy for 10+ years. It's just not something I've wanted.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    2 yrs as of this month!
    Reading others' posts doesn't make me feel as bad, i'm not the only one!
  • I_Will_Be_The_Swan
    Options
    I'm going to count from first hint of sexual activity, so from first kiss to first relationship, eighteen months. Before that, thirteen years.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Random questions at 1am! yay!

I was letting my mind run free when I realised something. I have been single for...*drum roll* 4 years. Yep. 4 years. It sucks greatly/ It is because I am very shy and tend to keep to myself. I'm more of a observer. I speak when spoken directly too. #Sociallyawkward.

Also, the past couple of years have been busy between graduating, starting college and my weight loss, I suppose I haven't really had time for a relationship. But, has anyone else played a long game in the single life or am I just that pathetic? haha

Omg, I'm not the only one...I love being the observer. Especially in class- a lot of people love to snack on pretzels! Anyway, I'm extremely shy and I'm usually the "listener" but once someone gets to actually know me-- I can be really funny/entertaining. I love making people laugh with my weirdness. Then again, everyone in college seems to be a bit more serious and laid back. Oh and I can't really say I've had a boyfriend. Ugh. 19 and single. Lol.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's been a little over a year now. Sadly, I've met some great guys where the attraction was mutual in that period. But there's just been too much transition with me graduating college and knowing I'm going to live on the other side of the country. I feel like I missed out, but at the same time spared myself a broken heart and am going into this next phase unattached to anyone back home.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My longest is about 4 years.
    currently 19 Months
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    2 weeks :S
  • pennelope515
    pennelope515 Posts: 369
    Options