Longest that you have been single for?

Options

Replies

• linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Like 2 and 1/2 years for me but I have been on some dates but it hasn't lead to anything serious. So I just wait and when the time is right or so people say/
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    Maybe like 19 years or so... I was a late bloomer.
  • canadianvampyregurl
    canadianvampyregurl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I have been very happily divorced for 2 and a half years :drinker: , have dated a couple of guys in that period of time but they were NOT for me...since the last boyfriend, i have officially been single since August 2012...im not actively looking for a boyfriend but if someone nice comes along then you never know...i wish all of you out there happiness and love.

:flowerforyou:
  • LaVonda47
    LaVonda47 Posts: 17
    Options
    10 months and counting! It's not bad being single. I've got Jesus and he is all I need in my life to sustain me! :heart:
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    From Junior High to now (grade 7 -13 & beyond) I have only ever been single for just over a year and that was a recent record.

Makes me look at myself and think I must be a relationship hopper but I dated only 3 people in the last 10 years so naw... it's not that.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Over 3 years and planning on continuing with the winning streak ;)
  • JustAboutDelicious_wechanged
    Options
    Ummmm, from about 0 - 13 and then again for about 3 months in between Junior and Senior year of high school. Sad, I know. :laugh:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    2 years. It was so peaceful.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    4 years. Because my ex boyfriend still lives here most of the time, and I couldn't stand to hurt or harm in by dating while he's still here.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    8.5years! (still counting)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    35 years. My wife was my first girlfriend. It’s an Irish thing…
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    2.5 years for me
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I've been single since October 2011.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Currently 2 and a half years for me
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Happily divorced for almost 7 years. So, almost 7 years. But the last couple of years of the marriage felt like I was single.

But in other words, I have been happily single and am quite sick of it. :wink:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    30 some years.
  • TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Since the day after my 20th birthday, so about 14 1/2 years. Only 1 cat, so we're still OK there! :smile:
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Almost 30 years for me (aka my whole life).

When I was in school (Junior High through College), academics kept me busy. After graduating and entering the military, a combination of impending deployments, impending transfers, and covering multiple jobs at home for those who were currently deployed kept me moving enough I never really hd time to warm up to anyone. Along the way, I've had lots of friends who are, but was never around long enough for them to become girlfriends.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I think the longest I've actually been single (since my divorce a decade ago) was about 3 yrs. I dated during that time, but no real relationship.

I'm very outgoing and I enjoy being in a relationship, I just needed time to be right with me after a particularly bad coupling. Same with after my marriage though it wasn't really bad, just needed to adjust to being single. I usually take a year or more between relationships (since I don't do short term ones) to get right with me.

I think taking time to heal properly after the end of a relationship (good bad or otherwise) is very important. For you and the person you choose to enter into a relationship with after that.
  • Elisabeth2016
    Options
    I have been single for about a year. I probably wouldn't be but I was in a relationship that was perfect and I didn't like that. Does that make sense? I didn't want a perfect relationship, I wanted to feel something. Mostly I felt numb, so I ended it and I regret it, but my heart wasn't in it and it wasn't fair to him so here I am.