NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

As you can see I survived. GD started to get grumpy after 75 min so we called it a day, that was of course after we nearly ran down a pedestrian. Silly woman was walking across a parking lot and expected a learner to go around her. Then the woman had a crack at GD. I calmly said to her, I do not see a pedestrian crossing here, you need to look out as well and then she wandered off.

@Trooworld and @theslightedgeforever - glad you both had a nice celebration for valentines day. I have noticed that @cbabie has not come back - do you guys have a way of checking on her?

Hi @gemwolf110 _ How long before your wedding? How very exciting :)

Catch you all later

Trish
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Newly returned to MFP
    I gave WW another try in January this year but could not wrap my head around “free food”

I guess I really believe that calories in/out is true as long as the choices are healthy

I am 62 young so it is a little harder to get the weight off. I have approximately 100to lose!!

I would love to join this group which seem to post regularly and is friendly

Th
    Jamie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,136 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever thanks, it was. Your dinner sounds good and your dessert looks good. I'm sorry I made you want dessert! :( I definitely shouldn't have posted pics of it too. Man, I'm a jerk! I didn't think of what it would do to you guys. SORRRRRRRRY!

@TrishasTime pedestrians think they are invincible sometimes. What a silly lady.

@jamiewilldo Hi Jamie! Welcome. There are a few of us doing freestyle still (I am one of them). You have to find whatever works for you, right? Healthy choices do matter. Please do join us, we do post regularly and we welcome new people. Just jump right on in and start posting and let us know how your day went! :) I'm glad you are here!

Hi all. I'm starting to feel sick but I am not sick so I'm going to work. Hubby is sick and still going to work. I'm sure his coworkers are going to be thrilled with that. I made him chicken and rice soup last night which was healthy but then he had to make us grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the soup, which wasn't so healthy. :( I've got to right this ship or I'm going to have a gain on Thursday.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,595 Member
    Options
    Morning to all, I have been fighting depression, but I am up and ready to right this ship as Trooworld says..LOL I have not had any sugar since Thursday night, but that is probably because I ate a 1/2 can of frosting that night...what was I thinking? Well I can tell you it wasn't good thoughts. I have been eating meat, cheese, nuts and basically that's it for the last 3 days. I find I am not as hungry all the time, but I will need more than this to be "normal" so working on it, but I know me and I have to gain control and I AM an all or nothing girl..my dear sister is well I can budget 2 cookies in..I am oh the pack is open and I will go back for 2 more..2 more...2 more...

@trooworld Your dinner looks absolutely yummy....I love your sense of humor that you put into life.

@jamiewilldo Welcome...I am 60 and I know how the weight comes off slower..LOL.. just chime right in with us, we love to come and visit and encourage each other.

@TrishasTime Thank you for asking them to come find me...I knew I would find my way back...weekends are hard for me to get on here...and I wasn't really in the best of my mind..my 19 GD rode with me yesterday and proceeded to tell me all the things I do wrong in driving and I drive too fast, I will get caught by the unmarked cars...we have many here,....I was like really? Please just let me drive, I have been driving on the freeways for 30 years and yes I drive FAST, but I also watch my surroundings and look for the other cars, because they don't look for me.. It's always amazing to me that pedestrians literally take that idea that they have the right away and abuse it... Glad you got to spend time with her.

@gemwolf110 glad to see you back here...my DH and I eloped as well...(sort of) but since my dad was the pastor...the church was not happy they didn't get to see my wedding..LOL But I was 17, that's my story and I am sticking with it. You will get your priorities in order, you are an organized person..I have faith in your abilities.

@theslightedgeforever ...good luck with the test...Sorry you didn't get your brownie, tell your DS to bring you home one, next time he goes out.

Okay gals, gotta run

Cbabie
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the great welcome. It is nice to find a lovely group that post often. I think thus is the only way to encourage each other

I went for a short walk today. Did not realize how icy it was. Would have loved to go longer but too afraid of slipping!! ( I live in Ontario Canada)

Food all planned for the day
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,255 Member
    Options
    Trishastime Mine was a birthday celebration. Hubby believes 365 days of love are better than just one. Yes occasionally I have to send out the hounds for cbabie.

@jamiewilldo Love the profile name. Welcome to the group. Freestyle works for some and not for others Then there are those I’ve seen who just keep plugging to make it work. I think I would have a problem with it because I could see myself saying but I’m still under points. I need to know exactly how much my body needs versus calories burned. Then try to stick in that range. In my head I know what to do. Plus have done it. I’m currently in a slump that I’m trying to get out of.

Trooworld. I didn’t see your brxxxxx pic til afterwards. It’s all good. I enjoy seeing other people’s food. We all control the food that goes into our mouths It’s entirely possible I’m going to get one tomorrow. I have a free “coupon” in my mind I’m going to use when the urge hits me I’m going to enjoy it too. No guilt because I made a conscious decision to eat it Turn your ship around. You can do it

Cbabie. Now I’m saying yummmm frosting. :). See now I’m pointing fingers at you. Lol. That’s why I can’t have frosting in the house. I’ll do the same thing. This group should be a place where we can confess what we did Again we all control what we put in our mouths Did you listen to that podcast I posted. I’m thinking the answer is no but you have another chance today. Listen while you are driving. Go for a walk and listen. You can change from being an all or nothing. It’s all in the thoughts. Ok what test am I supposed to be doing good on.

I did 15 min strength training logged all my food but went over. I had chili planned and then suddenly went oooh chili dogs Sometimes my inner child controls me. Her name is Tina. Drank my planned 4 glasses of water.

Inching my way out of a slump
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie you can do it, that's good you haven't had sugar since Thursday night. You can do it! I believe in YOU!

@jamiewilldo oh do be careful out there, slipping on the ice is something I'd do. I was recently in Colorado to visit a friend and I DID slip and fall on the ice! Good job on planning the food for the day!

@theslightedgeforever thanks. I still will be more careful about posting things in the future.

Hi all. Well, I may not check in tomorrow...there is a health issue in our family, so if you don't see me on here, don't worry. I'm just handling family business. I'm going to try not to eat my feelings. Thanks for your support.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    First post here (I think?)
    Been on WW since January 2013, now four pounds away from my GW
    SW 376
    CW 188
    GW 184

I came to MFP with WW Chat Group GoaD (Guys on s Diet). Both men and women who are on WW or have been.

WW works but OMG there is s lot of negativity towards it on line.
  • cbabie
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Morning all,
    I had a late night and woke up with a headache, but it is almost gone. It's our lovely cloudy weather. Good news is, my 11AM video conf call got cancelled until tomorrow..yea, I don't have to put my face on yet. LOL Still no sugar, just meat, cheese and nuts...this is only for a short time. Not that I will give up, but I know I am just kind of like detoxing my body. Then slowly adding back good choices.

@trooworld I am sorry for family business...praying for you. Thanks for the support.

@jamiewilldo I like your user name...:) Yes no falling, at my age, not good on the bones. LOL But I live where we don't get snow or ice and I am glad.

@Jimb376mfp Welcome, great job on reaching your goals! Yes there can be negative about WW as it does work for some and some it does not. I got to lifetime on WW, but decided it didn't work for what I was looking for at this time in my life. I would not have gotten my weight down in the beginning if it had not been for WW.

@theslightedgeforever NO I have not listened to you podcast, I know I have to or you will keep at me..LOL I will let you know. How about cream cheese? LOL

@TrishasTime Hope all is well in your world!

Cbabie
  • care971
    care971 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, first time posting and new to MFP. I have been on WW since Sept 2016 and have lost nearly 40 lbs.
    SW 236
    CW 197
    I have been up and down so many times with my weight but always plateau right where I am now. When the program introduced Freestyle in December things got even worse. I have spent a lifetime in starvation mode, I eat very well, am not an over eater and when I started WW I had a hard time eating enough points to get my blue dots... Since freestyle I have continued to eat about the same but realized that the scale was stuck. I saw someone mention mfp and I thought maybe I should take a moment to actually check my caloric intake. Surprise but with the 23 sp a day, I am averaging about 900 calories which has put me back into starvation mode....
    Can anyone tell me if you are doing better when double tracking? How accurate is the MFP "in 5 weeks you could weigh this if everyday was like today..."

Thanks for any advice and encouragement....
    Care971
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Trooworld. Sorry about the family health issue. Go write your feelings in a journal. Come tell us your feelings. You are trying to right the ship. Remember. Eating your feelings will put you in the negative numbers. It will keep you steered in the wrong direction

@Jimb376mfp welcome to the group. What great stats you have. I sound like Little Red Riding Hood. You have worked really hard to achieve those. Bravo. I think any plan works if you work the plan. People who are negative towards it probably didn’t work it consistently so they blame the plan and not themselves. Easier that way. I find religions and diet plans kind of the same. Some people think only “their” religion gets them to heaven. They scoff at everyone else. Same thing with diet plans. I say Do what works for you and is it sustainable. Have you thought about your maintenance plan? Some people have trouble with not chasing a number They arrived. Now what

Cbabie. You know me too well. How long is your detox plan?

@care971 Welcome to the group. I doubletracked awhile but got tired of it. My dr wanted me to track carbs because of prediabetes. I was doing a modified carb plan but recently have been exploring adding in more lentils and beans and doing less meat But that drives up my carbs but I feel it’s better for my body. I’ve been in a slight slump the last two months which doesn’t help. I’m a strong believer in visualization. Imagine your plateau weight as a big sign on the side of the road 197 mile marker. Can you see it? What color is it? Now imagine a big bulldozer running over that sign Flattening it. As you head on down the road another sign comes into view. 196 mile marker. I don’t actually use the in 5 weeks thing. What was more accurate for me was using the Nutrition numbers I click on nutrition then calories and up pops a graph. I switch from day view to week view and it will give me an average for the week on the far right. I lose weight if I keep that around 1521 calories. Problem lately is I either haven’t been tracking completely lately or going over.

Gemwolf. Did you have any healthy meals today?

I stayed on plan today. Now to repeat tomorrow

https://youtu.be/LrZOWldR-lE

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Would like to join.Have read some pages & you seem like a great bunch.
    There is no mention of area where you live.Just wondering.
    Patti
  • klkelley
    klkelley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have been on here before and did well. I also joined WW last September. It helped me get the first 19 pounds off; however I am not loving the Freestyle at all, so I will be using this sight and counting calories. Please add me as I definitely need motivation and accountability.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Well hello again, I am running short on time today. Yesterday was a BUST....that 1/2 can of frosting that I hadn't eaten...well it got me yesterday. So I have dearly paid for that self indulgence. Note to self...remember how you felt and never do this again.

@klkelley Welcome, you can do this..love the profile picture! You can do this, set you goal for today and know your why you are doing it. I am so happy to see you here.

@gemwolf110 You are the energizer bunny...I can't eat bacon or any pork, doesn't agree with my body...but those look great. I need to do that this weekend. I have found that eating protein and cutting out sugar and high carb foods, I just plain feel better.

@patceoh Welcome!! I live in AZ, love it although today is cloudy... :(

@theslightedgeforever I see your cartoon mind is at play again...LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Jimb376mfp welcome! Congrats on your success, wow, great progress! I'm on WW currently, this is my 3rd time on it. I've been on it this time since Dec 21st. I love the new program but know that some people are having a hard time with it. I know, lots of negativity. :(

@cbabie glad your headache is almost gone and that your video call got canceled. Thanks for your prayers.

@care971 welcome and 40 lbs is incredible, congrats! I do not double track, so I cannot comment on that. I only track in WW. Are you a meeting member or an online only member? If you are a meeting member, I suggest you stick around after your meeting and talk to your leader and tell her/him that you discovered you are only eating 900 cals a day and see if they can help. Maybe they can look at your tracker. If you are an online only member, click on the NEED HELP? button in the bottom right. You will get instant help any time of day/night, I've found great help from the staff, and I'm sure they can give you some good advice. WW works, you just need to find the way it works for YOU. I'm glad you are here!

@theslightedgeforever thanks for the suggestion and you were right it did put me in the bad direction. More on that in a moment. Thanks for the highlights!

@gemwolf110 thanks for the recipe and congrats making it to your Fitbit goal. Your field of study sounds interesting.

@patceoh Hi Patti welcome! I'm from CA. I'm glad you are here.

@klkelley welcome I'm glad you are here also!

Hi all. Wow, lots of new people, which I am glad for. Maybe I won't be so lonely on here some days ;). Now you all be sure to come back! Still in the middle of the family health emergency, but I have to go to work today, as I am out of vacation time/sick time and can't afford to take another unpaid day off. Now, for the bad news: since I QUIT tracking on Tuesday night and I STRESS ate, I GAINED 2.8 lbs but I'm not worried, today is a new day, this is a new week and I have a new chance to get it right. Okay, I have to get ready for work now. I'll ttyl.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @trooworld
    Thanks! Lost another pound at my official WW Thursday AM WI. CW of 187 is a new LOW, three pounds away from my GW!
    I have been on my latest WLJ since January 2013 (SW 376.2).

All my other times on WW I quit following the program after losing the weight. This time I learned the the Program Works BUT you need to KEEP on the Program !

This time I have lost on PPV, SP and now Freestyle. They keep changing things so I try to keep up. I’m learning to handle Freestyle.

ETA: I just turned 70 so an Old Dog CAN learn new tricks!
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

Good Morning Everyone
    This is a bit off of our regular topic but wondering if any of you have had any experience with ocular rosacea. I have been dealing with rosacea for several years and now have, what the Dr. suspects, is ocular rosacea. Swelling, redness, and some soreness of the eyelids (just the left eye thank God). Its not really painful but it does make me very self-conscious. It also effects my vision because of the eyelid being so swollen. I am back on my meds for the rosacea and that is helping somewhat. Have also started using an eyedrop for dry eyes and that seems to help too. If any of you have any other suggestions, I'd really appreciate your input.

Finding this all very depressing and as a result its not doing anything positive for my weight loss goals. :(

Once again, thanks for "listening".
    Carol
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Still here - having stuff happening - hopefully will be back in a couple of days
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hey gang!
    Good to see most of us made it today!! I am behind the 8 ball. I didn't sleep very well last night and MY EYES are trying to close. I am watching my GD puppy and I am NOT an animal lover or care giver...LOL I dropped her the 3rd day we had her home and thought I killed her. My GD used every word possible...as her brother sent her a text saying the puppy jumped out of GM hands and hit the patio floor...well she is fine it took a day for her to get back to normal, but GM is very cautious now..I lay with one ear open as she was put in a kennel and then she was up at 5 for the morning...trying to get ready with a puppy is worse than a baby. So I kind of went off what I know I should be...but I am really starting to see what works for me and what doesn't. Carbs and sugar are not my body'd friend. Just makes me crave more.

@TrishasTime I hope all is okay. Will be glad to have you back when the dust settles at your place.

@cmedwards52 I will ask my daughter if any of the essential oils we use might help that. She is a blessing with those.

@Jimb376mfp Congrats on what you have accomplished!!! You can do this. I reached my goal a long time ago and am still 1 lb under, but it was a HIGH goal and I really like myself about 10 lbs less. WW was good for me to learn portion control.

@trooworld I am so sorry you have all this stress. I fell as if stress is my norm and really it seems we live in a world that just creates chaos. So keep you thoughts on your goal, take time for you and you have all of us here supporting you!!

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I’m here but no time to talk. My sister in law flew in on Wednesday night. She’s still having a hard time over her sisters death and needed a change of venue. So my sunshine is what she needs. She leaves Saturday night so I’ll be hit and miss til then.