NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,214 Member
    Options
    Getting lax on these the last two weeks.

https://youtu.be/T0Gz6C__z1s
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I just got back from the gym. The trainer saw me come in and ask where I had been..LOL Meeting up with him on next Thursday!! Got my heart rate up to 125...still got it. LOL

@theslightedgeforever Good for you for tracking....you do that more consistently than I...

@trooworld Yea for you for tracking and having the rollover point. You have made great strides since we have been on this board, so don't discount your efforts and consistency. Just keep it up and it will show up on the scale and in your clothes.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning all

@trooworld Motivation because of a wagered bet? Not at all sure about this. How do you know people do not cheat? I would prefer that I set myself some money aside for every time I did something great like rollover a point, that way you are paying yourself and not others. Just my thought anyway./

@theslightedgeforever Four hours walking?? My goodness , I think I would be flat on my back> hope you had a lovely time with your family

@cbabie - Glad you made time for yourself to go to the gym. As women I think we are trained to put everyone else in front of us.

Even though we had a public holiday here, I still had to log on as one of my applications had a priority 2 error and I was dealing with the vendor who is overseas. However now that is all resolved, I shall hopefully have some down time
    ''Trish
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever hahahaha --> figuring out the free food thing. I have strategies, yes, but I still get stung every once in a while. I didn't do AWFUL, I just didn't stick to my plan. Good for you for still tracking.

@cbabie great job at the gym! Thank you!

@TrishasTime well, you are betting against yourself, not against others (really) although others share the pot. And the app pulls your steps from the step counts of your Fitbit, your Google Health etc. and if you get caught cheating...you get kicked out. But I'm sure there are people that cheat. I am not sure I'll do it. At the very least, I would make my money back, at the most, I'd make a few bucks. That's a great idea, maybe I could earn $5 every day I reach 10,000 steps or something. Thanks for the idea and feedback. I'm sorry you had to log onto work. :( I hope you get some downtime to enjoy yourself and walk the dogs or something.

Hi all. Well, exciting news: I finally passed that horrid test that I had to get 100% on!!! Yesterday afternoon, I passed it. I cried I was so excited and relieved. 4 1/2 years working towards something, now it's done! AND I lost 2.1 lbs this week too. Can this week get any better? YES, my family member got out of the hospital after over two months!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning, no gym today. I am sitting here waiting on a phone call to know when I have a meeting today..I hate waiting. I am very impatient. I should be their number one to do list...LOL

@theslightedgeforever hope your still tracking...can you track for me too? I came home and ate ice cream and PB and went to bed...make up on and all...

@TrishasTime Sorry you had to log in on your day off...I hope you still get some down time

@trooworld I am so happy for you...sounds like everything fell into order in one day!!!

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

Woohoo - I did get a day yesterday when I did not log on, was able to take the dogs for a 4 km walk and we are going out again in about 30 min.

@trooworld - I would do something perhaps a little different. 1 point rollover = $1, 2 points = $2. 10,000 steps = $3. Logging correctly every day $1. That way you are getting smaller rewards more often - just thought.

@theslightedgeforever - Hope you have had some down time and no issues from such a long walk

@cbabie - Have you got a mobile phone that they can text you? That way you can get your priorities in whilst they sort out theres

Have a great one day everyone

Trish

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie yes, everything seemed to! It was wonderful! Now, get to tracking, girlfriend! ;)

@TrishasTime yay! I'm glad you got to enjoy yesterday. Those are good ideas, I'm going to save them in my Trello board for further pondering.

Well...no time to talk, I have to get to work, but I hope everyone has a good day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all
    I went to the gym today again, it was a good workout. Came home perspiring..LOL

@TrishasTime Yes they have my mobile and sent me a text later, sometimes I am too nice and don't draw my boundaries. I am learning... yea, so glad you got to get out and enjoy a walk with your dogs.

@trooworld I hope your workday passes so fast that you say wow...here's the weekend. :) I know, I will try to get back to the tracking...I know it's the most important part of my health.

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

I walked the Parkrun yesterday (5km). That maybe nothng to some but it has been a long time (aftereffect of my surgeries) that I could consider that an option. The park run is today (Run, Jog, Walk) but I have to take GD to her driving lesson, but I have decided to do it from now on.

@trooworld - Ponder is good. Hope watever you decide works out for you. Lookign forward to the weekend?

@cbabie - Boundaries are good - they protect you
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    I’m here but the last two days have been a blur. Yesterday we went to Jamestown so I saw where Pocahontas was and the beginning of America basically. Then drove up to Baltimore. Today we were in DC and saw more places that we missed last weekend. But now I’m back in Baltimore. Tomorrow morning we drive to Philly for the day. My legs have hurt a lot in the middle of the night so tonight before I sleep I will take an Advil. I wonder if I’m #1 on my Fitbit friends list. I should be. This doesn’t happen very often. Lol.

Exercise has been wonderful. I haven’t tracked in 2 1/2 days. So back to that.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie it sounds like you worked hard at the gym, that's great. My day did pass really fast. It was really busy!

@TrishasTime 5K is a good distance, whether you walk it or run it. I am looking forward to the weekend!

@theslightedgeforever I'd be in so much pain! I hope you are having fun.

I have had a busy past few days celebrating and just being busy at work. I'm going out for more celebration tonight with a friend, I'm choosing the restaurant. I'm going to suggest a restaurant that has fairly healthy choices. I'm going to get a fair amount of walking in today, so that is good.

Well...have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all
    I am on my way out the door to a Mary Kay meeting. I am drinking my protein shake. I just keep starting day out with good intentions and know someday it will end with them.

@trooworld Well enjoy your night out with your friend. I hope you have a great time and good food low in points..LOL

@TrishasTime Great job on the walk..it is a big deal. I am so happy you can do that now.

@theslightedgeforever I will check the boards...I am sure you are above me..LOL

cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie good intentions...I know all about them see below lol. I hope your day goes well.

Hi all. Well, my friend texted me to say that she and her boyfriend and some of her friends were going to a hamburger restaurant for lunch and would I be interested in going there instead of dinner? Her treat. Well, since dinner was going to be her treat, too, and this is what she wanted to do, I felt obligated to do it so I agreed even though I didn't know any of these people and it ended up not even being a celebration of my graduation at all but just eating cheeseburgers. At least I walked to the place, so I got my steps in (ended the day with 10,500 steps). I also got to meet her new boyfriend, so that was nice.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

@trooworld - Firstly congratulations on your graduation. It was such a shame that your celebrity dinner was hijacked.

@cbabie - It starts wtih brekky, moves tolunch and soon it will be the whole day. Remeber eating one good meal is better than none

@theslightedgeforever - Hope the pain clears up soon. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself and out seeing lots of things

Hitting the lollies at the moment, but hope the exercise compensates a little. Packed my lunch today, so I should be good

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. What was your graduation for? Congrats. Oh good news on the relative. Nice step count

Cbabie. I’m above you on Fitbit right now. Wait a couple of weeks.

Trishastime. Lollie=frozen thing on a stick?

I’m currently in Rhode Island. Yesterday was Philly. Seeing and learning more history and I ran up the Rocky steps. Didn’t stop and my thighs were burning about 3/4 way. I had to sing the song to myself to keep going though. Lol. Tomorrow onto Salem Massachusetts to see that part of history

Tracked my food today
  • joeyslosingit
    joeyslosingit Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    F
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    WW weekly meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/0cF3_-Z49Kw
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime thank you, yes lol.

@theslightedgeforever I am graduating as a gemologist (the study of gemstones and diamonds), technically my diploma is: graduate gemologist. Thank you! The Rocky steps are quite numerous, correct??? What an interesting trip you are on. Thanks for the highlights.

Hi all. Well, I got done yesterday what I've been putting off for a while: I put up an organization system for my cardigans and scarves and put all my clean clothes away. AND I put all of my jewelry back in the jewelry mirror thing I have, so everything is accessible! Such a good feeling to be organized. I am pretracked for the next two days, -10 in points unfortunately but hope to earn FitPoints to knock out that negative number. Have a great day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon! Sorry, my Monday mornings are usually busy and I forget to get on here. I have gained 2 lbs, and feel so icky...but I know I put it on slow, it will come off slow and I have to keep trying. Never give up.

My DH is asleep on the couch. I wish we could retire him. He is always so tired anymore. Concerns me.

@TrishasTime Thanks for the encouragement. Great job on packing your lunch. I always did better when I made my lunch. It was usually a really GOOD salad..people would often want some. I haven't made those really since I was let go,

@trooworld Congratulations on getting your diploma. I am so happy for you!!! I know you have been wanting to get that and it's always a sense of accomplishment to check something off our list. Maybe that's what got you organized...LOL...you have a sense of order in your life..Chaos always makes me eat...

@theslightedgeforever LOL Rocky....I loved those movies...Great job

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie all we can do is try, right? NEVER give up! Thank you, yes, you could be right, it was a weight lifted off my shoulders for sure! Chaos does make me eat too.

Hi all. Last night after work, I went to the gym for the first time in months (probably for the first time since my family member went into the hospital, so that was Feb 13th). I did 36 mins on the recumbent bike, according to my watch, I burned 236 cals. Today, we are celebrating finishing my degree. I am making a gluten-free almond cake (someone at work has celiac disease) and bringing a fruit bowl. I will have a small piece of the cake (if I want) and some fruit. Other people are bringing stuff as well. With FitPoints, I brought that negative number down, I am now at -1 for the week and I hope to catch that completely up today with another visit to the gym. Have a good day!