NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,784 Member
    @cbabie that's a good idea. Maybe I'll put a sticker on the calendar at work for every day I DO NOT eat free food. Yay for going to the gym!

@TrishasTime indeed! I'm glad you got some rain. Have a good day!

@theslightedgeforever unfortunately, my weeklies were spent elsewhere :( . Yes, perhaps I do need to explore that. Great job with the walking and yes, you get to try again each day so yay. I hope you check in. ;)

Hi all. They say in order to change to actually have to do things differently, so yesterday, I did things differently. I decided that my measly goal of 6,000 steps wasn't good enough. I wanted more. So, I took several 7-minute breaks throughout the day when I thought nobody would miss me and walked around the parking lot outside. When I got home, I took the dog for a 20-minute walk. It all added up because I had 10,550 steps yesterday! I'm going to try to do it again today. Have a great day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,547 Member
    Morning!
    I just got back from the gym and am charging my fitbit....I have so much in my brain that I need to do. I have to get back to using my Trello Boards in the right manner. I used them like clockwork when I had a 9-5 job...so it's time to think like that again. Every day new tweaks come into my life and mind. I am grateful for those.

@TrishasTime I agree with slightedge...no HOT summer, No Hot summer... Hope you had a good day at work.

@theslightedgeforever okay, we will give you one day reprieve...if you just can't get on here...but while on vacation, keep in touch, you will thank us for it later. LOL

@trooworld Yea for you!!! great job on the steps. the one thing that I am learning is that I had good habits when I was working my old job...because I HAD to, but after I got let go and trying to find a new me and new way of life, I lost some of those. I feel like I have a new breath of life to get it right this time. So each day I keep moving into what I call my better half of myself. Forgetting those things which are past and unhealthy and pushing forward into the better years of my life.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie routines are good to have, they keep me sane. ;) I think you are moving into good habits now, you are on a good roll now!

Hi all! Well, I made an attempt to get as many steps as I could yesterday but it was a more sedentary day at work due to projects and my schedule at work, so I ended the day with around 9,400 steps. Still an improvement on the old me. Hopefully, today won't be as sedentary at work and I can afford to walk around more. I weighed in and I gained +0.8 lbs. It's not ideal, but the good thing is that I get a new chance to get it right. I think the big problem is that I pretrack things and eat for that plan, and dinnertime comes and my husband changes the plan on me/wants something different and it ends up being substantially more points than what was planned, which puts me in the negative. I think that is the biggest thing that gets me, but not the only thing. Of course, there is the free food that I eat of my own volition. I don't know what to do about the times when DH changes the plans. Any suggestions?
  • cbabie
    Morning! I didn't go to the gym today, I was up all night with my daughter. She was having severe leg cramps. I also ate a bagel for breakfast. I know not the best thing, but we are low on food and I don't wan to go to the store. I cleaned my room and rearranged my desk and prepped my mind for new things to come!!

@trooworld Great job on the steps, that is a good day for me these days. LOL I used to get that or 10K every day, but since not working ( 9 months now) I think its a good day to get 6K. I am making my 10K about once a week. yes this is a new chance to have a better week. The thing with DH is tuff....he is the one that cooks right? Or does he just eat what "sounds" good at the moment. I was thinking, maybe if you can't change DH, maybe the breakfast or lunch the next day is light? Or find something as a back up plan that is low in points and have that ready for boost to get you through the day?

Okay, well I need to jump in the shower and pretend I am human..:)

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning all

I have been extremely busy this week teaching someone a process that I have been doing for 18 years from a document that has never been updated. It has involved long concentrating hours, then coming home and dialing back to work to get some of my own work done, so we are talking a minimum of 12 hour days. Food and exercise and being on the computer other than for work have gone out the window bu just wanted to let you know I am still here.

Hope everyone is all okay - got run back to work

Trish
  • trooworld
    @cbabie ouch I hope the leg cramps go away and your daughter feels better soon. Get some sleep! We share cooking duties. We have leftovers from dinner for lunch the next day, so it wouldn't help to have a lighter lunch the next day. It would help the NEXT day's numbers to have a lighter breakfast, but it wouldn't help that day's numbers. I don't know what to do.

@TrishasTime oh my, you sound really busy! I hope you make some time for YOU! Take care and come back to us when you can. Thanks for checking in.

Hi all! Well...yesterday, I didn't have that many steps (only like 4-5,000) because of my work schedule and because after work, we had things to do. I hope today things will be different. I get off today at 3pm, so there should be plenty of time to get home and go for a walk.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,196 Member
    Trooworld. Excellent job on the extra steps.

Cbabie. You would laugh you were saying I have so many things to do in my brain. I thought get them out of your head and onto Trello. Then your next sentence was that. Lol. I just used mine. I can’t just let my good habit go while on vacation. I’d get nothing done but just going with the flow. (That’s sort of the point of vacation but.....). Sounds like you are coming up with some plans for your life.

Trooworld. DH changing your plan Yeah I know all about that. So let’s brainstorm.

1) eat what you already preplanned and let DH eat whatever he wants
    2) have a backup meal in the freezer
    3)eat more zero point foods for breakfast and lunch
    4) eat half portions of DH new meal and supplement with zero point foods
    5) talk with DH about how he sabotages you when he changes plan for the night
    6)Fill in other suggestions

Trishastime. Most important at times like these is to eat as healthy as you can and squeeze in small amounts of exercise when you can

So I’ll try to check in regularly
  • cbabie
    Morning gals!

I was up a lot last night as well and my face shows it..LOL the older we get the less we can handle those all nighters. I am sitting here eating a protein bar...nothing sounds good...so decided it was the BEST choice.

@TrishasTime I remember those days all to well. I hope you get to relax some over the weekend.

@theslightedgeforever yes please check in...and I am SLOWLY getting my routines back

@trooworld sounds like you and theslightedge make a good team for solutions..LOL

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

So nice to see everyone here again

@theslightedgeforever - Safe travels - how long do you need to travel before you reach your children's home

@cbabie - It seem as each year passes, our body protests about alot of things that was nothing when we were in our 20's.

@trooworld - You are doing great with your steps - keep it up. I set a clock for a quick walk every 40 min, It is beneficial for your body to get a break from siting and your eyes from the screen

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend

Trish
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever thanks! Can't do 0 points foods for lunch (I eat whatever I ate for dinner the night before for lunch, so that is not negotiable), but I could eat 0 points foods for breakfast. The problem is that the only 0 points foods for breakfast are eggs and I hate eggs unless there are cheese on them and cheese has points! lol I like the idea of having a backup meal in the freezer and eating half of whatever it is DH wants to eat and supplementing with 0 pts foods. I also would like to talk to him about the sabotage. Thanks for your suggestions, I hope you are having a good time!

@cbabie yay for making the best choice! Sorry you were up a lot last night. :(

@TrishasTime that's a great idea, maybe I will do that. Thanks!

Hi all. Well I went to a bokwa class at work yesterday (my work offers different "wellness" classes/options, including meditation, yoga, massage and now bokwa). If you've never heard of it, it's a bit like a cross between traditional aerobics, jazzercize and zumba but you don't have to be super coordinated to do it. The movements are all based on letters you make with your feet on the floor (L, C, G, a box). It's high energy and I really like it. It's only a 30 minute class, but it's better than doing nothing. I got over 11,000 steps yesterday thanks to that class and walking around a bit. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Morning: Yesterday, I had life hit me and I went to bed and then it was like NO, I am not doing this, so I went walking. I walked the canal near me and ended up in a park that is by my house. It was a nice walk and took me out of my mood...didn't eat the whole house either.

@trooworld The class sounds fun, I am not coordinated at all and could finally do step class years ago. I enjoyed it depending on the instructor. I like that you are trying to find a solution to DH and his meal plans..LOL Great job.

@TrishasTime I like your idea of 40 min Internationale walks..sounds great. I might have to try that.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie wow, that's fantastic that you did something different when the blues hit! WTG! Yes, that class was fun. I am not coordinated at all, I can't do Zumba, I can't do any of the dancy-type stuff, so this is right up my alley!

Hi all. Well, I had a pretty big NSV this weekend: I stayed within my points both Friday and Saturday! I usually go over my points on both days. I can't remember a day when I earned a blue dot on either a Friday or a Saturday ever, and I earned a blue dot on both days! For the first time in weeks, I have weekly points left (11). I'm going to try to hold onto them.

Well...have a good day.
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - doing a happy dance for you - well done :0 that is a huge NSV

@cbabie - That initself was a huge step forward - I am so proud that you chose to do that

I onlyhave to work 2 days this weeks as we have a public holiday on wednesday and I took annual leave for thursday and friday. I definately need the break

Take care

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Quick check in. I’ve done about 10 days worth of steps in 2 days. My legs hurt so bad. Yesterday the family and I went hiking for almost 4 hrs and today I’ve walked all over Washington DC. So last two days 47000 steps. Heading to my daughters house tomorrow so hopefully some downtime and I’ll read over personals.
  • trooworld
    @TrishasTime thanks! :) Enjoy your days off. I also have some free time this week, kind of: I'm off half day today because the maintenance people are coming to fix our dishwasher and I might be off half day on Weds.

@theslightedgeforever thanks for stopping by. Wow, that's a lot of steps! I love DC, I used to live there when I was 18 for about 6 months with my brother.

Hi all. I didn't walk much over the weekend: 5,000 steps on Saturday and 6,100 on Sunday. I was busy with household things. I hope to step it up this week. Have you heard of HealthyWage or DietBet? Well, there is StepBet by the same people of DietBet. StepBet, you wager $40 that you will walk xxx steps a day for 6 weeks and if you make your goal every week (you get one free day a week), you get to split the pot with the other winners. I'm thinking of doing it. From what I'm reading, you don't win much money, it's more a way to keep me moving. Anyway, here's the link if you want to check it out for yourself: https://stepbet.com/
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. That’s great on your two blue dot days on the weekend No on dietbet or stepbet I’ve tried something simular with a friend and losing the money didn’t seem to motivate me. One week she paid the next week me.

Trishastime enjoy your time off. Make good choices and get in some exercise My kids moved to the east coast. It’s my first trip here. I havent even been out on the west coast. Just usually stay in the middle and south Lol. One day I hope to see California

Cbabie. That’s great that you went out and walked instead of just laying in bed.

Today no exercise I am resting.
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever yeah, I *think* it might motivate me because money is a little tight/I like money, but I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it. CA is beautiful, but I live out here so I'm a bit biased lol. Good for you for resting. It sounds like you need it.

Hi all. I actually rolled over a point from yesterday, yay me! That's the first time that has happened in a while. This is the most successful I've been in a week for a long time. I feel really good about it. Today will be a challenge as there will be free food for a coworker/friend's birthday. I am bringing something very special that everyone (including me) loves and that I don't bring often: my husband's homemade lemon bars. I will indulge in just 1/2 a bar, possibly. I don't know, I might not; if I eat one, I might be tempted to eat more. One serving is 10 points, so I don't know if I even want to have 1/2 a serving. I do love them though and they are a two or three time a year treat. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Morning all! yesterday was a bust, I seemed to be doing for others and not myself. So I didn't get on here yesterday.

@trooworld I am so happy for you on your NSV Great job!! I like the "earned a blue dot" keep hitting your sweet spot as they call it and you can't be stopped!!!

@TrishasTime Yea on only having to work 2 days this week.. I hope you enjoy your time away from work and get some much needed R&R.. :)

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie well I hope today, you get to do for yourself. You've started it out right by stopping by here. Thanks!!!

Hi all. I was right to be concerned about that birthday celebration yesterday at work. Although I was better behaved than I have been in the past, I still had more than I planned. :( I had two half portions of lemon bar and two half/third portions of cake. Plus an empanada. Oh well, today is a new day and I tracked it all. I hope you all have a great day!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. I don’t know that anything motivates me. I remember me turning down a trip to Hawaii about 32 years ago if I would just reach my WW goal. 25 lbs was all I needed. Now look at me. Yay on rolling over a point. That’s great. Just keep at it. Back to the free food plight I see. Have you figured that out yet?

Cbabie. So make a list of things you want to do for yourself and start checking those off. You can do for others after you are done or a one for me one for you approach (better three for me one for you) but I know. Baby steps.

I’m going over calories but still tracking. That’s progress from last vacation