NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Trooworld Gemologist sounds interesting. Plus getting to work with all those stones. You go girl on your organization. I always do better on my health journey when I’m organized. Supposedly there are 72 Rocky steps I was told We are on a historical roadtrip sort of. We just left Salem MA and saw all the history there. We are now heading back down and going to stop in NY for about 4 hrs. One day I hope to do this on this on the West coast So many places I’ve wanted to see Finally made it to the east coast.

Cbabie. Just keep working at it and those two lbs will come off. Go make a salad.

I’ve tracked last two days. I’m trying to keep that part going. Steps were good yesterday. Today probably not. I’ll be doing a lot of sitting in the car

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - Looks like you got this ! :) Good job on the gym and fruit bowl

@theslightedgeforever - well done on tracking alhtough I imagine how much you are moving, you will be losing heaps

@cbabie - Howlong before DH can retire?

Very very busy at work at the moment - home at 10.30pm and leave again shortly at 6pm - will wave as I pass by

Trish
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever actually I work in the gemological library, I work with books about the stones lol. I always feel a lot better when I am organized too. Good for you for tracking the past two days, that is hard while you are on vacation!

@TrishasTime thanks! Have a great day.

Hi all. The celebration went well. I did indulge a little but I am not negative in my tracker any longer, I have 3 FitPoints and 0 Weekly Points. I will weigh in tomorrow. Not sure how this weigh-in will go, but I tried. I went to the gym again last night and did the elliptical for the first time in several years. I've never done it more than 5 minutes, it's too hard for me. I only did it for 5 minutes last night. I hope to build on that the next time. I also did 26 minutes on the recumbent bike. Have a great day.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Morning all! I thought I got on here yesterday. sorry..I had a horrible headache. It was windy and cold here..lots of crud in the air. I tracked everything yesterday, but didn't go to the gym. However, I did go for a walk..had to walk off some energy.

@TrishasTime DH could retire now, but wants to get the most for his bang and it will most likely be another 3 years.

@trooworld I bet you have fun in your job...I know there is stress or drama, but you enjoy your interest!!. I am happy to hear you tried the ellipitcal. I hate that machine and it hates me...LOL

@theslightedgeforever maybe next week a salad...not this week.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime. I doubt I will be losing heaps as almost every meal is out. But I’m hoping the gain is not too much.

Trooworld. The elliptical is hard for me 5 min seems like forever. I’m much better on a treadmill

Cbabie. I was having that same thought about salads this week. This next week I won’t be moving as much so I will need to eat some salads. Being in a new hotel every night has taken its toll.

I did well with my steps yesterday despite riding in a car for 8 hrs
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie sorry you had a headache, I hope it is better now. I'm glad you got a walk in. I do have fun in my job. I had a lady call yesterday and tell me she is "growing gold" lol (not possible, of course). We get some interesting calls! Yeah, so far I share your sentiments about the elliptical but I know it burns a lot of calories, so I'm trying to try it out.

@theslightedgeforever 5 minutes seemed like forever to me, too. I think that is why it was such a victory to last that long lol.

Hi all. Well, those two hamburgers out caught up with me: I gained what I lost last week, I'm up exactly 2.1 lbs. :( I did the best I could through all of the celebrating. This week will be better, there are no celebrations. I should be able to stay on track.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning to all!
    I went to the gym this morning and worked out with the trainer...he worked my shoulders and core/rear area. Wow I was struggling..I used to be able to do what he had me do with no issues. He is trying to strengthen my shoulder so I won't keep having issues. Came home feeling it..LOL I will say I have had no PB for 2 days..I feel like it's my one thing that will create in me the bad go to when things fall apart..or I am in a rush...so I am trying to nix it for now until I am in a better place and can handle a small amount and not eat the whole jar.

@theslightedgeforever I think you are doing great!! Regardless of the outcome, you have put this in the forefront of your decisions...

@trooworld Sorry for the loss, but it's most likely will be gone soon as you are tracking and know what caused it. You did what you had to do and that is called life and we all have one..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie you will probably need to feel it for a while, it may take some time to get readjusted to exercise. It's normal to feel some amount of soreness but if it is true pain, that's another matter. Great job on no PB! Have you tried PB2? Thanks, I'm sure I will get it off soon.

Hi all! No exercise for me yesterday, I went to the dentist and had a painful cleaning done. It was just a regular one but I hadn't taken good care of my teeth since the last one so I had a lot of plaque build up and it hurtttttt. Today is BOKWA day at work, so I'll be sweating! That's the thing that is sort of like aerobics or Zumba but you make letters on the floor with your feet. I enjoy it. Have a good day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all
    Well I lost it yesterday...I was watching a TV show with my DH and it totally stressed me out...so yes I got into the ice cream PB and cookies....I woke up so mad at myself...and then I could hear myself say...I will not walk in self pity..nor gossip will I eat...so new day and yes I know what derailed me. I did not have anything good to eat for my dinner...I made wings and pizza for my family and had no meat or veggies for me to eat...

@trooworld Thank you for the encouragement...even though I blew it...LOL yes I used to only eat PB2, then someone told me it caused liver damage..so I quit eating it..I have to do research on that because I know I CRAVE PB...since I can remember I have always eaten PB. I hope you enjoy your Zumba thing...! Sorry about you cleaning...I was supposed to go in Jan, but don't have the income to do so...they will chastise me..LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie today is a new day, start fresh. Be kind to yourself. Would you be mean to your friend? I hope you aren't being mean to yourself. I hope you found something to eat for dinner. Regarding the PB2, I just did a quick lookup and found this page on a nutrition site that might help you feel more comfortable: http://blog.nkdnutrition.com/aflatoxin-powdered-peanut-butter-dangerous/ It explains where this fear came from and how realistic it is (I don't think you have anything to worry about but you could look up aflatoxin for more info). I did enjoy the bokwa. More on that in a second. Yeah, that cleaning was bad. lol

Hi all. Well I went to bokwa, the aerobics class, yesterday at work. It was great exercise. I'm glad it is only 30 minutes, I don't think I could last an hour lol. The weather is supposed to be really warm this weekend here: in the high 80s. I'm going to really enjoy it, sit out on my porch with a book. I wish I had some money to do something but unfortunately I don't get paid until next Friday so I won't be doing anything.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone
    Getting back to normal hours now. My biggest news is I completed my 5km walk - first organised event is some 4 years.. Red faced - I made it in 55 min. The time can only come down from here. So proud of myself!

@trooworld - Sorry to hear that your planned weight loss did not go as expected. Glad you are getting more moevement into the day

@cbabie - Sorry to hear that a TV show distressed to that extend, but as trooworld says, today is a new day. Do not be hard on yourseld

@theslightedgeforever - Hope you are travelling safe

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Hello all. My son graduated yesterday so that is behind me

Trooworld So work hard this week and you will lose some weight.

Cbabie. That’s good that you are going to the gym. That should help with the stress

Trishastime. Way to go on your 5K. I hope one day to run one All the way through. One day.

• trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime CONGRATULATIONS!!! You should be proud of yourself! Way to go.

@theslightedgeforever congrats to your son! Yes, I am doing something different this week: I am weighing in every few days (but not putting it in the Weight Watchers app, I'm putting it in an Android app called Libra). I'll only weigh in officially once a week.

Hi all. As predicted, the weather was nice and I sat on the patio. I hope to do it again today, but I've got meal prep to do, so we'll see.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Hi all. Just a quick checkin to say I'm doing well. I think I told you that I decided to weigh myself every few days, well according to these measurements, my weight is trending down so I'm encouraged. I'm supposed to have pasta tonight though, so that might not help things. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all:
    sorry I wasn't here over the weekend. I have been doing life. LOL I went to a revival on Friday night with some friends, Saturday, cleaned house, laundry, etc...Sunday, church and cook dinner...but all in all it was a good weekend. I didn't go to the gym Sat or Sun, but went this morning. My stamina is coming back..YEA.

@TrishasTime Yea for you for finishing. Sometimes it's the act of completion that is more satisfying than the task. I am so proud of you!!

@trooworld I love your look at life. Glad you enjoyed your class. That will be my next move up in my physical fitness journey is to add a class at the gym once a week...baby steps.

@theslightedgeforever So glad the graduation is over...and life will somewhat go back to normal for you. LOL

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie glad to see you back and glad you had a good, busy weekend. That's great that your stamina is coming back! Thanks, yes, I did enjoy that class. Did you see what I said about PB2 a few posts back? If not, you may want to go back and read it.

Hi all. I went to the gym last night and had a goal of staying on the elliptical for an extra minute for a total of 6 minutes and I met that goal (that's a hard machine for me)! I also did 36 minutes of the recumbent bike. I will try to do the same tonight...possibly 7 minutes on the elliptical. I'm having a pretty good WW week: I did eat all of my weekly points and about half of my FitPoints but I haven't eaten all of my FitPoints. Unfortunately, I will eat most of them tomorrow as I have a luncheon at work and they are serving fried fish and chips. :( There are no alternatives to those items, that is what is being served...get this: it's a "reward" for completing a 5K! Anyway, I have enough FitPoints. Have a good day, everyone!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning!
    @trooworld LOL I laughed so hard at your comment about the reward for the 5K walk. I so love your sense of humor. I saw that , but haven't read the link yet. I will as you know I LOVE my PB..LOL On this journey I have learned I can't any longer have a list of foods I can't eat because I am FAT...I have to have a list of foods I love and balance with exercise and understand that any food unless I am allergic to it...I can have in portion sizes or bites. Sometimes it's just a bite of something that I need and because I have said no for so long I eat the WHOLE thing.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie ;) I'm glad I got you to laugh! It sounds like you have a healthy attitude towards trigger foods.

Hi all! Well...they changed the food that they are serving as the "reward" for the 5K at the last minute, which I am glad for, to your choice of roasted chicken or sausage + baked beans and potato salad + dessert. I will have the chicken with my beans and potato salad. I will give my colleagues my dessert. I think I "earned" enough of a reward already! ;P My plan of weighing in every few days is working, I think. It is helping keep me on the straight and narrow: since last Thurs, I have lost 2.8 lbs (but some of that will likely disappear when I officially weigh in tomorrow thanks to my "reward" lunch today! :# ).
  • cbabie
    Options
    Went to the gym, my DG wanted to do the bike too...ugh I hate the bike...but did 15 min on that and 30 on the teadmill...

@trooworld yea they changed the menu!!! The thing is that I see and hear from your post is that you are aware...so that is the best you can do!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie Yay for going to the gym!!! Yes, that is true, I am doing the best that I can do, making the best choices I can!

@gemwolf110 wow that is a busy schedule! That's great that you still get a workout in. I have Mother's Day plans: I'm going to a blues festival on Saturday and then on Mother's Day, we are going to make Italian food for my mother-in-law at my sister-in-law's apartment. How about you?

Hi all! I have a fantastic weigh-in this morning: I lost -2.7 lbs from last Thursday! This is proof that my recipe of tracking + going to the gym when I can + weighing myself every few days is working. By the way, at the luncheon? They almost starved us the portions were so small lol. So there was nothing to worry about there! ;) I even had dessert with nothing to worry about. Have a great day, everyone!

@TrishasTime I hope you are okay...where are you?