NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,598 Member
    Options
    Morning: Went to the gym....I left with my legs shaking..LOL Came home and trying to eat something different. I ate greek yogurt with peaches and a boiled egg. Trying to get me back again. I know I am only trying to eat my stress and hurt away...that just causes me more Debbie downers because I can't get into my clothes. So it's time to break that cycle. One day at a time, One thing at a time.

@trooworld I am glad to hear the depression is gone...Do you have any lemon oil? I really only use Young Living as I know the quality, but lemon is a great mood up lifter. I know when all you want to do is crawl into bed, no one things about how to not get into bed.

@theslightedgeforever yes I forgot to tell you yea for walking around outside....I need to go do that today, but I have been so busy that I have gotten my 10K steps in the last couple of days.

I am so happy to have this group to share our days and activity with.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    gemwolf I guess what I'm asking is do you put the oils ON the pet. Like for anxiety, for instance.

cbabie So what are you going to do about your eating? In your journal list your top 3 excuses of why you can't stick to a healthy eating plan. So excuse #1 is you are trying to eat your stress and hurt away. You realize you can't do that, right? It will always be there unless you make changes in your environment that is causing you stress and hurt. It's not other people or things but our reactions to other people and things. Instead of eating a lot, go write down your feelings about whatever. Some starter lines.....It makes me angry when....... or It makes me sad when ......... I am feeling overwhelmed with ........ Good news is that you went to the gym and burnt off some of those calories.

trooworld ....and then yesterday I did absolutely nothing. But that's why this is called a process. So I went in on my journal and listed my excuses for not doing what I said I was going to do. That's all they really are. EXCUSES. So then I journaled some solutions to those excuses so I can keep moving forward. I say 0.6 loss is still a success for you. You are headed in the right direction.

• TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@trooworld - Glad you are starting to feel better. High five on your loss!!!!!

@cbabie - You went to the gym! You had a nice lunch - one step at a time :) Please do not be so hard on yourself

@theslightedgeforever - Yes indeed this ia process and hopefully we are all heading in the right direction.

For my - Ijust worked 2 11 hour days, came home last night to be told our water heater is broken. Let me tell you that cold showers are not invigorating like you see on TV. I have to go back to work again this morning so DH is staying home for the plumber to come. (thank goodness he will be here at 7.30am) then DH will go to work and work lateer to compensate the time.

Trish
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,154 Member
    Options
    @cbabie wow you must have worked out hard! lol That's great that you ate something different. They say "For things to change, you need to change!" duh huh? But true! I'll check to see if I have lemon oil. Thanks! I'm glad to have this group as well.

@theslightedgeforever at least you are working on changing though. And it IS a process and will take time to break those habits. Thanks, it's actually 3 losses in a row! :)

@TrishasTime thank you! Oh no, a broken water heater...cold showers do not sound invigorating I'm sorry!!! I hope it gets fixed soon.

Hi all. Happy Memorial Day weekend to those in the states. I actually have to do some work for about 3 hours tomorrow. But that will make up for leaving early on Tuesday. We are supposed to go over to my sister-in-law's house for a bbq on Sunday. I really don't want to go, I just feel like vegging at my house all weekend, but DH already committed us. :(
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning! I went over a little on calories last night, but made lots better choices. My thighs hurt this morning...I told you he was cruel. LOL

@trooworld I know, I like staying at home vegging too!!! Luckily my DH and what family lives here understand we just don't do get togethers...finally! LOL

@TrishasTime Oh yea I hate those cold showers...we have hot water hogs in this house and we have to time when people take showers and dishwashers, etc. My DH has it on scald and its a 50 gallon tank...but still. I swear one takes an hour shower... So I am glad it will get fixed early and your DH doesn't have to miss too much work.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trishastime I hope you found some time to rest your body and are making good food choices. Yes, cold showers are not fun.

Trooworld What's your plan for the Memorial Day get together? Will you be exercising before you go? What will you be eating?

cbabie Better choices is a good thing. I should have been a Kennedy. I like family get togethers. I wish my dh would have ours on SCALD, instead it's FREEZE. I'm in and out in about 2 minutes. I'm like what's the point of the heater? He says it's just me. Well, it's me that is freezing. He says saves money. :neutral: Whatever.

• TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi Guys

I just wanted to sleep in today - but nope - need to leave in 30 min to take GD to her driving lesson. The instructor is taking her the route that the driving test follows. I did a 42 hour week last week and when Ileft at lunchtime yesterday to let the plumber back in so he could install the new hot water system - I had done 44 hours this week. Mind you - there is no lunch break in there :(

Was goingto do HBF walk / run for a reason tomorrow - but my body is telling me NO.

@trooworld - I do not like family get togethers much. We have a couple of family members that do not know when to stop drinking and it can go from hero to zero in a second.

@theslightedgeforever - Have you finished reading the book yet? I am like with the shower. We have our spa set at 40 degrees Celsius - and it still not hot enough for me in winter

@cbabie - Hope your thighs feel better soon - they say the first 2 days are the worst :(

So... they made another section merge and subsequently another 3 people lost their job this week :(

It has been 3years of this stress - will I or will I not have a job next month

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie you are making progress!!! Take a hot bath with Epsom salt. Or maybe one of your essential oils helps? Yeah, you are lucky you don't have to do get togethers! lol

@theslightedgeforever my knee is giving me trouble, so I don't know about the exercise. I may ride the bike at the gym if I have time. My husband is making ribs to bring and I think there is going to be potato salad and baked beans. I am bringing a chicken breast for myself and maybe a fruit salad or something.

@TrishasTime you must be really stressed, working all those hours and not taking a lunch. It doesn't help that they let people go either. I wouldn't like being around those family members either.

Hi all. I sure am not looking forward to working on a Saturday. :( But luckily, it's only for a few hours. Hubby and I are supposed to go to BodyPump in a little while but I don't know if I want to go because of my knee, I don't want to aggravate it. I may offer to go to the gym and ride the bike while he does the class. I hope you all have a good Saturday.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime Listen to your body. It knows better than our minds do. I'm doing a chapter a day and then doing the homework and action steps in my journal. Is there some place better that you could work? Living under that stress and uncertainty can be very hard on the body. Although if you keep at it, they just might keep you?

trooworld Your husbands menu sounds good. lol I would be having a small portion of that, I'm sure. I'd take those foods over dessert any day.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all! No gym today or yesterday...I didn't get home until after midnight last night and woke up to a phone call at 3am...UGH...But keeping my good attitude to keep pushing forward.

@trooworld I love the deserts...homemade Ice cream...jello cake...I could go on..LOL Take care of your knee...knee replacement is no fun..

@TrishasTime I agree with the slightedge....that stress is awful..I know I lived it too...now I just wonder how we pay the bills each month...but God has provided each day. I said a prayer for you and your job.

@theslightedgeforever My DH has 3 women in the house and it's easier not to listen to them scream about hot water..LOL or he would have no water heater...

Cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

Woke up and the weather still sucks, I am glad I chose not to do the fun walk. I spent yesterday on the couch with a blanket and feel less tired. I feel that I could do that for a week.

@theslightedgeforever - It is unfortunate that this is the current situation for all large corp and government departments at the moment. They have all relied on the mining industry which is not as "profitable" as it was 3 years ago and therefore the government is continually requesting the departments to tighten their belts. Tighten their belts quickly means getting rid of resources :( So it is everywhere.
    What sort of homework - thinking things through before they happen sort of thing?

@trooworld - How is the knee?? If you really feel you need to go and have dicky knee - use the barbell to do your lunges. That way your knee is not taking all the weight and you can still do the lie down presses etc (x body pumper here)

@cbabie - Hope everything is okay - phone call at 3am is not normally good news

@gemwolf110 - My sister is in doterra oils and when I need something - I ask her, so I think it is a similar thing.

Trish
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever my plan, and I'm sticking with it lol, is to bring a piece of bbq chicken breast (made with sugar-free bbq sauce) for me and a fruit salad to share. I might have a little potato salad and beans, but overall, I'm sticking with my food.

@cbabie oh no! I'm sorry you didn't get good sleep. I love desserts too. But I love money more lol and I'm going to win my money so I'm going to stick with my eating plan for today! ;) My knee problems don't stem from anything structurally wrong, or from arthritis...it's a result of having 225 lbs of weight on them (or so my doctor keeps telling me :( ). I'm hoping some of this weight comes off and my knees won't hurt so often.

@gemwolf110 are you talking to me, gem? If so, no I have not. Tell me more.

@TrishasTime sometimes we need to do that. My knee feels better today, I'm glad I did not go to the class. That's a good idea to use the barbell, thanks.

Hi all. I did not go to BodyPump, I did an hour on the recumbent bike! That's the longest I've ever done on the bike. My feet were going numb by the end. lol I think I will either go for a short walk or go to the gym today, not sure which. I want to earn some more FitPoints. I've got 52 so far this week, but my goal is to get 87 by the end of Wednesday. Have a good day, everyone!
  • LoreA1960
    LoreA1960 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am new to Weight Watchers again, but have used MFP to lose my first 100 lbs. I had major surgery and started to gain some of the 100 back so I decided to join WW with my friend. In the first 3 weeks of WW I've lost 11.2 lbs. I do still track my calories on MFP though.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

It is Monday here in OZ . Looking a at a new brekky routine, leaving english muffin out and introducing a smoothie with Kale, Watermelon, Strawberry and Pineapple with coconut water.

Does any have a healthy receipe for Smoothies?

@LoreA1960 _ Welcome - we are a mixture of WW and MFP but we have all followed WW at some time even if we are not doing it now

@trooworld - How did you end up a the dinner party. How is you knee today? Hpw do you determin a fitpoint, is it by time or the amount of calories burnt?

@gemwolf110 - Morning - how are you going this week, what are you plans

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Hm....I thought I checked in yesterday but I saw 8 notifications and thought WHAT? Guess I didn't.

cbabie So make it back to the gym today. Don't let that become a habit. Make your health a priorty.

gemwolf How are things with you?

Trishastime Seems I hear about sucky weather from alot of people. Sorry about the mining industry. What sort of thing do you all mine? That's how America was with coal. It's not coming back even though some people hope and dream. They have found alternative things to produce cheaper. Corporations and government are all about the profit no matter how many are hurt. Are there any new industries or fields you could retrain in? Homework: Things like that or writing in my journal about current situations I face that are keeping me from my goal. Today's lesson was about hunger. Different types of hunger. Feeling hungry everyday should be a normal part of life. I'm more of a grazer type eater so I never really feel hungry. But it works for me when I stick to my plan. So I don't know how I feel about the subject of hunger. There are lots of smoothie recipes on Pinterest. Here's one

https://pin.it/cpvdlcbbbcx6az

trooworld Just keep working on those FitPoints. Did you stick to your plan? It's great you had a plan to begin with. That's half the battle.

@LoreA1960 Welcome to the group. What an accomplishment. 100 lbs. You can get off the rest that you need to. You sound determined. I'm following a "count calorie" program that focuses on fiber, fruit and veggies. That's my ideal program anyway. I'm looking at WW Freestyle recipes on instagram to give some ideas. I used to do WW but then became prediabetic and dr wanted me to start counting carbs and do a modified carb program.

WW meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/mTTGziQNFL8
  • danawest16
    danawest16 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can I join this group?
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hi @danawest16 welcome!! Yes anyone can join and wewould love yo have you here..we each try to post every day, I dont always make it...lol..
    @LoreA1960 welcome...congratulations on the 100 lbs!! I am glad you are here... I achieved lifetime...byt it was the high end of goal... I felt better when I weigh 20 pounds less than I do right now.. so that's what I'm working on and I have thought about going back to WeightWatchers

I didn't go to the gym today either..but I usually don't on Sunday's.

@TrishasTime I dont have any good smoothie recipie... I do the same thing over and over again frozen strawberries, protein powder sometimes kale , a banana Frozen and some amazing grass greens..that's my smoothie.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 what is the cool azul cream or panaway roller for?

@LoreA1960 welcome! Congrats on losing 100 lbs, that is awesome! AND 11.2 lbs on WW!!! I'm glad you decided to join us here on this discussion board. Please come back. ;) I'm on WW, I do online only. I love the program!

@TrishasTime I did very well at the dinner party, I stuck to my plan and had 1/4 c of potato salad, 1/4 c of baked beans, as much fruit salad as I wanted, and a bbq chicken breast...NO cake, NO monkey bread, just one beer and one glass of wine! ;) Knee feels okay. The FitPoints are determined by time, I guess. I just put the time in and it figures it out via the website. That smoothie sounds delicious! I do smoothies sometimes. Sometimes I do:
    2 Tbsp PB2/PBFit + 1 banana + 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder + 1 scoop vanilla protein powder + 1/2-1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt + water+2 handfuls of spinach= yum!

@theslightedgeforever I did stick with my plan. My fruit salad that I brought was delicious! My husband surprised everyone (even me, I didn't know he made it) and brought monkey bread, and my sister-in-law had chocolate cake there, but I stayed out of both and just had my chicken breast that I brought, the fruit salad, a little of the potato salad, and a little of the baked beans. So proud of myself! Thanks for the highlights!

@danawest16 welcome to the group, more is more as Tony Duquette (jewelry designer) says! We are glad to have more.

Hi all! As you read above, I had a great NSV yesterday with the family get-together: I stayed with my program, stayed out of the ribs and other goodies and stuck to my food for the most part. These are the kinds of decisions that will help get me to my goal, I'm confident of that. Another thing that will help get me to my goal is to meal prep, which I desperately need to do today. It will suck the life out of me, but I need to do it. Have a great day!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @danawest16 Welcome to the group. We always love to have more support from people who are making the same journey we are and be able to support them.

cbabie Smothies....I like to chew my food. I have resistance to smoothies and I don't really know why. I'm sure it's all just psychological. lol I think because I enjoy sitting down to a good meal and if all I have in front of me is a glass, that's not a meal. Told you it was all in my head. :)

trooworld You are really rocking your plan. Keep it up. I would have went for the monkey bread and no wine or beer. lol That's why this journey has to be a personal one. One size doesn't fit all. It's just important that we find OUR plan that will keep us healthy. I got excited yesterday looking at Instagram. I was looking at one of the ladies I follow and she had been doing a #oneingredient WW challenge. It happened to be lentils. I had never thought about eating lentils for breakfast. But the way she made them with eggs I thought hm....... I think I will try it. So I checked out another recipe. I was thinking about cooking up a bunch of lentils and bagging them and sticking them in my freezer so they can be ready at a moment's notice. One of the best things I did was cut up some red, yellow, and green peppers into different shapes (diced, strips, rings) and then freeze them. Cooking is going so much faster and it makes me want to try new things. I didn't grow up in a healthy food home. I'm late to that party but I'm learning.

gemwolf You know life will always get in the way of well-intended plans. Plus there will always be "things" you want to add to the wedding which costs money and sometimes life eats up our money too. lol Most important is that you and your fiancé love each other and want to spend the rest of your life together. There will never be a perfect time. Does he do your health journey with you?

Well, off to do something else. Make good choices today.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 thank you for the information! I will take a look.

@theslightedgeforever yes indeed, not one size fits all! lol I didn't grow up in a healthy food home either, so I know what you mean. That is a great idea to cut up and freeze the peppers. Way to set yourself up for success!

Hi all. I didn't get all the food prep done yesterday, I did get a lot done. I made zero point breakfast sausages out of 99% fat-free ground turkey breast for breakfast this week. I'll have it with instant grits with a piece of Velveeta cheese and maybe some fruit. I went to the gym yesterday morning, went for a walk with the husband and the dog, and then walked to the store. By the time I had done all of that, I was too tired to do too much food prep. lol Have a good day, everyone!