• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    WW weekly meeting highlights

https://youtu.be/-5lXODV0khk
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Afternoon, I didn't get to the gym today...someone had my car and I couldn't go... I will try for tomorrow. I did go on Sunday..that is a first for me. I am usually too busy, but I made myself go the minute they opened.

@theslightedgeforever great job on the loss...I am here
    @trooworld Audio is good for reading....I used to listen to audio all the time while driving..it kept me from road rage..LOL I hope those migraines stop soon,..they are NO fun.
    @gemwolf110 Sounds like you had a great weekend. You were doing something you all liked... good for you. Yea on the food prep.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,890 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 that sounds like a wonderful camping trip. I love to camp, but don't get to camp as much as I would like to. Great job meal prepping, that's not easy after a long weekend away! :) My weekend was eh, I had a migraine all day Saturday and Sunday was just anti-climatic.

@theslightedgeforever definitely better for you that you don't like the consistency lol. Thanks for the highlights!

@cbabie that's good you went on Sunday before you got too busy. I find that if I go before I start my day, I don't make excuses not to go lol. Yes, listening to audiobooks definitely keeps me calmer! I hope they stop soon too...I have an appt with a neurologist in August.

Hi all. I hope all is well with you. I have a long day today: working 6:15-4:30 to make up for taking off Thursday and Friday this week (my brother is going to be here visiting on Thursday and Friday, well Friday is just Friday and I'm not sure if he will still be here or not). So I'll have to take less vacation time. But it makes for such a long day. I went to the gym last night after work, I won't go today, I have to drop off our ballots at the voting booth. We vote by mail but dropped the ball and didn't mail them in time, now we have to drop them off because today is voting day!!!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning! I just got back from the gym..yea me I did a programmed treadmill work out. I did 40 min today instead of my normal 30.. it feels good. I stayed on track yesterday with my eating...so need to duplicate today! LOL

@trooworld if my brother came to visit, I would have to pray over me..LOL he is way out there sometimes..LOL I hope you enjoy his visit.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    cbabie I see you made it. Yaaaaay. Good for you for going to the gym. Plus you stayed on track. Good for you.

trooworld I hope they find out the cause of your migraines. Finding the right time for our exercise is important. I've tried first thing getting up and it's just not me. It's better if it's about 30-45 min after my breakfast.

Well, back to reading about my Perfect Day and to do some journaling. I think I've been more consistent journaling this time around. I do better if I read something first and then journal about that versus just going in and trying to write something.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie wow, that's fantastic! Go, cbabie!!! Well, it turns out once my brother found out how long it takes to drive out here from Vegas, he said he didn't want to do it, so I won't be seeing him this trip. I can't blame him. He is going to be driving around the Grand Canyon all weekend, and has already done a lot of driving, so I forgive him. lol

@theslightedgeforever yes, I hope so too. The ideal time for exercise for me is first thing in the morning after I've had coffee, but unfortunately that doesn't work out because I have to get to work. So, I go after work. Are you enjoying the Perfect Day?

Hello all. Well today is my Friday, I'm off the rest of the week. As I told cbabie, my brother changed his mind and is not coming, unfortunately, but my hubby and I will probably go to the fair on Friday or the movies or something. I'm disappointed that my brother isn't coming but then again, there isn't the pressure to entertain or clean my house lol. Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I don't know how that will go, hopefully well. I haven't really eaten poorly so I expect it will go well.
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon all, I went to the gym today, but only did 30 min on the treadmill...all I had time for. I came home showered, made my protein shake and headed off to a 2 hour meeting. I am home now and just ate lunch. I have stayed OP since Monday, yesterday was hard, I really wanted a PB sandwich, but I have made a rule in my head no PB or bread for right now. I know those are my triggers so I am staying away until I get some control back into my life.

@theslightedgeforever I think I would be throwing up if I worked out after I ate...I have to do it on an empty stomach. Sounds like you are enjoying your perfect day...LOL I know you love that word..

@trooworld I am sorry you don't get to see your brother, but take this time to refresh and write your goals in a place you can see them...and focus on getting rest..I am sure WI will be good tomorrow, it really sounds like you found your sweet place as they call it...
    LOL I know my sweet place...candy corn, circus peanuts, buttercream frosting...oh no...don't eat me...Mr Bill no.....Sorry I digressed for a bit..

I hope you all have a great day!!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    edited June 2018
    Options
    @cbabie that's still 30 minutes than the people at home sitting on the couch watching tv, so congratulations! hahahaha well, I shot myself in the foot last night: I came home starving and I was going to cook but couldn't find the tofu, so I just started shoving handfuls of veggie straws in my mouth, and then pepperoni. Eventually, I stopped and made a flatbread pizza but the damage was done. I lost -0.4 lbs. I did find my sweet spot. I just have to make sure that either dinner is done when I get home, or I have a snack before I leave work.

@TrishasTime missing you, hoping you are taking time for you.

Hi all! I hope you have a good day. See my comments to cbabie for my update.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2018
    Options
    trooworld Sometimes company cancelling is a good thing. Too bad you all couldn't have met him halfway from the Grand Canyon. I don't like roadtrips so I understand. I'm getting a lot out of my journal by reading the Perfect Day and thinking about my own day. Right now I'm working on preparations and obstacles. The trick is to have everything prepared in advanced and a plan around your obstacles so you can't really be anything but successful. So I'm working on those things right now in my journal. Basically it means taking your excuses and working backwards as how you got to that excuse in the first place. Eliminate all obstacles. Well the good news is that you stopped yourself. Okay, so if I had your day, I would be journaling I didn't stay within my points because I came home starving. Why did I come home starving? Because dinner wasn't done. Why wasn't dinner done? (You fill in the blank, Troo) and keep going. Or it could have went like this... I didn't stay within my points because I came home starving. Why did I come home starving? Because I didn't have a snack before I left work? Why didn't I have a snack before I left work? (You fill in the blank, Troo) and keep going. Another thing you could have written was I started shoving veggie straws in my mouth. Why? Because I couldn't find the tofu. Why couldn't I find the tofu? (You fill in the blank, Troo) So eventually you will see some solutions to why we keep messing up. We all know what to do but for some reason we don't. So that's what I'm working on right now.

cbabie Hooray for making it to the gym. That's 30 more minutes than I did. Mr. Bill? Really? I even heard his voice in my mind. I had guests last night. That was my day. Looks like you have been successful with your PB boundary.

This is the steps I'm working with

Step #1 – Figure Out What Matters…and Focus On It
    Step #2 – Identify Steps to Success and boundaries for Your Life
    Step #3 – Create a Checklist for New Habits
    Step #4 – Prepare the Night Before
    Step #5 – Remove All Obstacles
    Step #6 – Take Massive Action
    Step #7 – Learn & Improve
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever that sounds like a great book, you are doing good work that is going to help you be successful. You can take that planning to all areas of your life.

Hi all! I had an uneventful day off yesterday, I just got the car smog checked and then went to the plant nursery and got some plants. Wasted the rest of the day lol. We did walk to dinner last night and had poke for dinner, which is relatively healthy. Today will be different: first, we are going to the gym in a little bit, then we have to return the plants because apparently my husband wanted to pick out the plants WITH me and didn't have the same vision for the plants that I did lol. So after that, we are going to the county fair and I'm not going to have anything fried. I repeat: I AM NOT GOING TO HAVE ANYTHING FRIED!!! Later, we have to go to Kohls to get some workout clothes for him. So, it's a busy day. Have a great day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Afternoon! I am sorry I didn't get on here yesterday..my morning got changed by my GD...took her to the Dr, got Groceries, did some laundry, sat and watch a movie...never went to the gym. I didn't go yet today, but have plans tonight hopefully...but it may be just another blow off day..ugh. I binged last night, but I realized that I didn't take this oil concoction that I have been taking...I really think its helping. I have tweaked the original recipe and this one seems to control my hunger. So my stomach is not growling. That is what happened yesterday...I was just plain hungry.

@trooworld Great plans you have...I hope you totally enjoy this time off with DH..You deserve and need this. Congratulations on the WL that is a loss....no matter how you slice it...

@theslightedgeforever I think you found a book you really relate too!!!! I like the steps you have written down. I am finding my way on this journey I think. I have felt so much better when I haven't been eating bread or sugar..I am not saying I NEVER will..( i did last night) I am saying it's not going to be my first go to!!

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie I'm glad you found something to help with the binging. I hope you get to the gym. I did enjoy the time off with DH.

Hello all. Well, I didn't eat anything FRIED at the fair but I did eat a sausage sandwich and it was totally not worth it! Usually, they are worth it but this one was just bad and not worth the points. :( I was so mad that I ate it!!! Tonight for dinner, I'm going to make up for it by making my own version of one of Olive Garden's new dishes which I will not name here. But it's something that has been tempting me and I found a recipe to make it 15 pts instead of the 30 pts that the Olive Garden dish is, so I think even though 15 pts is a lot (I only get 23 a day), I can make it work if I have a smoothie for breakfast and a light lunch. I'm looking forward to it after the Fair Food Fail (forever now known as FFF lol).
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld Yaaay for not eating FRIED food at the fair. That's keeping your word to yourself.

cbabie I've worked hard on my journal this week and my Trello. I've finally got my "ideal day" plans all mapped out. Today I worked on the breakfast and lunch menus, so they are all plugged in for the week along with the snacks. They probably won't change much as time goes by. It's just dinner that will change. I have a plan for weekly review all set up. To see how ideal my day has been. lol Next I'll start working on my solutions for this question. What obstacles could you foresee to food plan? What's the solution? So far I have 8 obstacles. lol
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

@slightedgeforever - Congrats on your loss :) It seems that the ideal day is helping to build a strong platform that will support you going forward

@cbabie - I was surprised to read that you needed a car to go to the gym. I thought the gym was across the road from you? "Hi five" for making your mind up to go on Sunday which I know is a busy day for you

@gemwolf110 - Sound like the dogs had a wonderful time. (and the humans as well :). Glad you did something out of the ordinary .

@trooworld - Sad to hear you have migraines back again but I a so impressed that you are still going to the gym. How is the bet against yourself going? Hope you did something for yourself as your brother was not their to be entertained

Well I knew it would come eventually. Thursday 1pm - I knew I should go home, I had hit the wall. Then I got an email saying this person had to leave and that person had to leave early. I just put my head in my hands and breathed deeply. The straw that broke the camels back is that I was not going to get the relief I thought I was. I keep getting told to hang on - help is coming - just hang in there Trish. So I exploded and went home, my boss called me at home and said that I would have relief from this thing, but as the other girls father is in hospital and prognosis is bad, can I step into her role for another week. BTW on Friday - I was at work by 8am and left at 12 noon and by 12 noon I had already done 47 hours for the week. Why did I go in on Friday - cause there was a priority issue that needed my input.

My work / life balance has been non existent for the past 5 weeks. I usually just come home to sleep and then go back to work, do the essential like shopping, go back to work. On Friday I thought I would do my community bit instead of going home to sleep and hoped it would give me a sense of balance. I am in a food and vege co-op where we bulk buy and then split according to needs. The lady who organises needs volunteers, so I spent my Friday afternoon weighing out cherry tomato, mushrooms, green beans, strawberries, spinach leaves, then helping to complete the boxes. I felt happy though tired because I did something outside of work and for my community.

Not sure how I am going to go from here. Not sure how I can keep the hours to a max of 10 per day. I need @theslightedgeforever mapping skills or road blockers, but a lot of the blockers are out of my control or are they? Lots of thinking and doing what I am good at (analysis) to work around this

Happy weekend team :)
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever that's great that you've got your ideal day plans mapped out, now to put them into action!

@TrishasTime bet against myself is going well...I'm down 3.7 lbs since starting the wager, which is more than I'm supposed to be losing at this point in the wager, so I'm doing well! I did do something fun, I went to the county fair. Regarding your work situation, it sounds like it might be time to look for another job, how would you feel about that? It doesn't sound like a healthy work environment/work-life balance.

Hello all. I am not feeling well today, I woke up yesterday with a sore throat and it continues today with a feeling of blah. We made the Olive Garden dish last night, it was really good and worth the 15 SPs it was. I drank smoothies for breakfast and lunch so that I could enjoy that for dinner guilt-free. Well, I'm going to go lay down now. TTYL.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trishastime At some point if you keep up this schedule your body will let you know and it will shut down on you. Having said that though, I remember you telling us that your job situation is an uncertain one so all hands on deck type of thing is needed. It's so hard to find the right balance. But there are still 24 hours in a day and I would write out all of the tasks that you do everyday. By tasks I mean you can have work as one big block but those at home should be written out separately. Then go back and write down if a task could be delegated. As female caretakers, we would like to think we can do it all but sometimes we just can't. Who is around to help? sometimes you have to be creative. Are people in your household old enough to cook or fix meals? Young kids can even fix sandwiches. Supposedly you are supposed to get some relief so this won't be forever. No one will give you a slot for some "fun" time. You have to take that and put yourself first. Even if it's 15 min you sit on the toilet locked inside and read a book or whatever you like to do for fun. Community bit you did sounded fun. It sounded like you liked it which was a good break for you. At some point if you don't get the promised relief, you will have to think about things more with your job. But you can't really help a coworker who has hospital visits in her life. On the other hand, those other coworkers who left early may or may not have had good excuses. Being a dependable employee is not always good because the "powers that be" will think Oh we can count on Trisha and then dump on you. Been there done that at one time. In the end, I learned we are all replaceable. So be selfish and later think about what is good for you and your family. Let the family think, how can we help out mom during this time. They might not know Mom needs some help.

trooworld Good for you on your weight loss. Any way to lighten up that recipe? Sometimes recipes get ruined a bit by lightening them but.....you planned ahead and had a couple of smoothies to make up for the points. Good for you. Yeah, putting my plans into action is where I have trouble. Practice makes perfect, right? Ideal......no perfect.
    Practice makes habits. How are you feeling?

cbabie I thought the same thing about the gym. It was within walking distance. (I can hear you responding but it's summer and too hot :) ) Put on some sunscreen and burn extra calories.

Today I worked on my obstacles and solutions. Got them all finished and transferred onto my Trello board so I won't forget what I came up with. Plus left room just in case I didn't think of all the obstacles that I could face. I found a good treadmill program to do. That was one of the things I had to figure out. Now I just say I'm going to exercise but what exactly will I be doing? What time? If something comes up at that time like an appt, then what am I going to do? I should have no excuses left as to why I'm not doing these things. lol The old me would say, I'm sure I'll find one though. The new me is saying, If I find one I will find a solution around it.

• trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever that IS lightened up! I'm fine with it being 15 SPs, it's not something I would have all the time, it will be a once in a while treat that I plan for. I was feeling bad yesterday but today I seem to be feeling a little better (although I just woke up 15 minutes ago so it's hard to say). Thanks for asking. I'm going to work today and pretending like I'm fine. If they get a whiff of me not feeling well, they'll send me home immediately. They are a bunch of germaphobes...which is fine, but my officemate isn't in on Mondays so there really is no danger of me infecting anyone today. I like this new you...you sound so strong in your thought processes!

Hello all. I really enjoyed my 4 day weekend, now it's back to work for me. I'm sure I have a bazillion emails waiting for me, hopefully, no phone messages. I hope you have a great day!
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning: I went to the gym today, but not since Thursday. Things happen...yes I can walk across the street and down the shopping plaza, but my clothes make me feel icky and don't want to walk in them that far. I will get better at this. I did lose 3 lbs this past week though. So I have set my goal to keep doing a loss and not a maintain or gain.

@theslightedgeforever Glad you are getting your ducks in a row. I do miss my treadmill at home. I will once again have that, but until then the gym it is.

@trooworld I hope you feel better and I do remember those Monday mornings..that is why I think I worked 24/7...LOL just to try to stay caught up, but I didn't. Yes for the loss, you are definitely in your groove right now.

@TrishasTime I feel so bad for you...I have been there so many times. I never looked for another job, kept thinking it would get better and it did for a time, then go back, then better, etc...when they let me go that was one of the reasons I have went through emotional hard times. I had given all I had and really got a kick in the pants when new management took over. I had so much knowledge and skill they could have put me somewhere else, but chose to say bye. It will be a year 7/7 and I still have not found work and as I look back I can't believe it's been a year. So I will keep you in my prayers and that they really do find you help. I will say though that I put myself in the same place in different places...like church, I am always the person they call when they have someone call in, etc....So it's just how we are made up I think..LOL

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    trooworld I'm glad you enjoyed your time off and I hope not too many messages for you to catch up on.

cbabie Good for you for losing weight. You must be doing something right.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie congrats on the loss and getting to the gym, well done! I do feel better, thanks.

@theslightedgeforever there were a lot of emails but no voicemails yay!!!

Hi all. I'm feeling better now (thankfully). I sold my smartwatch on eBay, it didn't track steps very accurately, and I got a Fitbit Versa. It just arrived last night. I look forward to seeing if I like it. I should like it, I have liked Fitbit products in the past. I hope each of you has a great day.