NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @steph81881 hi Steph, welcome! I hear you, I have a hard time sticking with things too...I'm not consistent. I think because I have so much weight to lose. What might help is to make small, achievable goals: celebrate every 5 lbs with a small non-food reward that means something to you. For me, I would celebrate with a nice walk in the park with my husband or a coffee out with a friend or something like that. Are you still doing WW or are you just doing MFP?

@TrishasTime maintenance is definitely better than gaining (take it from me!!!). Wow, that is expensive to retest the driver's test!!! It's nice to put a face with the name. :)

@theslightedgeforever yes good idea. Good job with the yoga. Nobody is as flexible as they used to be. ;)

Hi all! Well, I peeked at the scale and I am back down to what I weighed before weigh-in day, so that gain was just from the pasta. I'm going to BodyPump in a little bit, and then the grocery stores for healthy groceries. Later today, we are celebrating my husband's birthday by bringing food over to his brother and sister's apartment. I'm making a fresh strawberry pie with chantilly cream with strawberries I got at the farmer's market Thursday night. It should be good and worth the points to have a piece. Have a good day.
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Morning everyone

Sunday here, I am sneakily going through the photos tyring to find a picture of my husband when he was 40. There are only a few photos of hubby or me - it is everyone else :(

Chores to do today, shopping and breakfast to organise for next week

Hope you all have a good day

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    Trooworld I don’t think I was flexible when I was younger either. Lol. That pie sounded good. One thing I’m working on changing and I want you to work on it too. You told your brain I’m not consistent so the brain does things to make that a true statement. Now start saying in the past or I used to be inconsistent but I’m working on being consistent now

Gemwolf. How is your eating plan coming along this week

Trishastime Did u find the pic? I like going through old photos Although when I get to my pics I just sigh. As my youngest son put it recently Mom you used to be a babe what happened 🤔 Thank you dear you your siblings and your dad But that’s not really true. I chose to put it all in my mouth or not move my body

So no exercise for me. I took a nap and became Sleeping Beauty. So I’ve put it on my schedule to make up that day either on Tuesday or three 10 min sessions added to regular workout

Cbabie do I have to come find you again
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hi to all
    I am just stopping by to say yes I am still here but my routine is way out of whack.....
    I will try to catch up later this afternoon...

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @TrishasTime why are you looking for a photo of your hubby when he was 40? Is his birthday coming up? It's Sunday here now, I have to do chores and meal prep too. :( I hope YOU have a good day as well.

@theslightedgeforever the pie was good except I didn't have time to let it set up long enough so it was a little runny. That sounds like a good idea, "In the past I used to be inconsistent but I'm working on being consistent now" I like that! Maybe your body needed a nap.

@gemwolf110 that's great!

@cbabie uh oh. Take baby steps to get back to where you want to be. Do one good thing for yourself today and once that sticks (after a few days) add another good thing.

Hi all! Well, the birthday celebration went well. Pie turned out good and even though I used up all my weekly points and most of my FitPoints, it was worth it to spend time with family and not say, "Oh I don't want to eat that/I can't eat that". I have healthy things planned for the rest of the week. I'm determined to do all my meal prep today.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Gemwolf. Sounds like your plan is working for you

cbabie. So start with your morning routine Write it all out what your ideal morning from when you get up to lunchtime. What time is lunch. That needs to be consistent too Think of yourself in the early years at work when you felt successful. I’m sure you got up at the same time then did ABC til your lunch break. You can do the same at home Think of all the obstacles you can imagine. Write those down. Then go back and write the solution. What action will you take if that happens in order to get your tasks completed. What’s the one thing you can do in the morning that will make you feel successful

Trooworld. I’m glad you enjoyed your outing. We had the same thoughts regarding support for cbabie. Just do one thing My one thing is follow my Trello board each day and check off my checklists. Last week was so serene. I faced obstacles but had solutions for those mostly written out. The new ones I added to my list so I didn’t have to make decisions in the heat of the moment . I had already made those in advance.
  • Knokr
    Knokr Posts: 13 Member
    Hi all! I joined WW in March and am new to MFP. Free style didn’t seem to be working for me anymore so I’ve decided I need to keep track of calories too! Looking for support :)
  • Knokr
    Knokr Posts: 13 Member
    My challenges for this week are to stick to my calories everyday! I went off the rails a couple weeks ago and have slowly gotten better but this is going to be the week where I stay within my calorie range everyday, I can feel it!

I also want to do some sort of ab challenge. Either 100 crunches a day or a plank challenge... any suggestions?
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

I did 25 min on the treadmill this morning at 5kph. Feels good when you get off. The plan is the same for tomorrow.

@trooworld - My husband is turning 60 and I have a photo of him as a bub, 20 and now but want one for 40, so I can make a guest sign in book. Love the thought of that pire

@cbabie - Hope you get on schedule soon

@theslightedgeforever - Nope still looking for a photo. I love my nanna naps.

@knokr -welcome aboard.

Must run at work :)

Trish
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever it sounds like your plan is working. That's wonderful!

@Knokr welcome! Staying within your calories is definitely important. I have no suggestions for a 100 crunches a day or a plank challenge, I just go to the gym and do either BodyPump or ride the recumbent bike, but maybe you could find one on Instagram? (I guess I do have a suggestion lol) I'm sure there is one on there. Or you could make your own up: 100 crunches a day for 3 weeks and you get some sort of a reward, like a pedicure?

@TrishasTime good job on the treadmill! Oh, I see why you want the picture now, happy birthday to your hubby!

Hi all. Well, I got 95% of my food prep done yesterday, I just have to grill some chicken tonight and then I will be DONE! It is such a relief to have it done. No excuses to eat off plan now.
  • cbabie
    Morning all!!
    Thanks for the suggestions to get back what I let go. I started today, with my normal regiment...just got back from the gym. I even remembered to set my fitbit to track my walk on the treadmill. My computer is so slow....I get so frustrated trying to get on here. I hate typing on my phone, but I might have to. I wrote down my goal for July...Consistency. It doesn't matter if I set my goals for treadmill everyday, if I don't stay consistent in doing it.
    I was pretty depressed yesterday, spent a lot of time texting my oldest daughter...She is me a few years ago...so I got back some of my own advice...LOL I will be gone most of this week doing VBS at church...so great time to put some good habits back into place.

my workout today: Treadmill 2,352 0.94 miles 30:42 138 cals

@trooworld Good job on the food prep...you are in your groove.

@TrishasTime Thanks and I am determined to get on my schedule!!!

@theslightedgeforever I am working on putting my old self (schedule) in place.

@Knokr Welcome aboard. Set you challenge that you know works for you, I don't do well with challenges..LOL I love this board as there are many age groups, different places on their journey for health..etc. So I am glad you found us!!

BTW, I just saw a blog come up on my home screen...today is my someday....good read!!

Cbabie
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Good Morning Everyone

Well as you may remember, several days ago I said I'm back and wanting to get back on track. That lasted all of half a day. Boy, when you get off track, getting back on is REALLY HARD!! Had a bit of a difficult day Saturday. My cousin's Celebration of Life and it was tough. She was like a big sister to me and her death was sudden and completely unexpected. Little better now that her service is over and it was absolutely lovely. Her boys made her proud FOR SURE!! They lost their Dad just two years ago so unfortunately they've had some experience with all of this. :(

OK, time to pick myself up, dust myself off and get back to tracking, exercising, drinking water etc. etc. I know I can do this. I've done it several times before. I think the whole problem is I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO DO THIS but I know there just isn't any other way. The real difference for me is exercise. If I stick to that, everything else just seems to fall into place. So.................................. here I go AGAIN!! I think I should change that "again" to "still".

Cheers, Carol
  • theslightedgeforever
    I lost 0.5 lbs

dfawmwjd283f.gif
  • TrishasTime
    Morning everyone

Did another session at the Gym this morning on the treadmill. Tomorrow is a planned day off. Now just to control reaching for the sweets instead of the healthy snacks I bring when I am under pressure.

@theslightedgeforever - Woohoo!!! - big high five there. I know you have worked hard :)

@trooworld - Well done on the meal prep _ I plan my receipes for the week but do not do meal prep for dinner (just lunch and brekky)

@cbabie - Sorry to hear that you were down yesterday and I am glad that your daughter supports you

Carol - Welcome back - remember we never fail until we actually give up. I was looking through some photo albums last night and my thought was also - just how many times are you going to go through this until you learn it is a forever things :(

Catch you all later

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2018
    @Knokr Welcome to the group. Which part of freestyle do you think didn’t work for you? I’m starting to eat more of those kind of foods only portion controlled to fit within my calories I think a reward plan might be good for a challenge. Maybe smaller rewards and bigger ones. That way if you don’t do it one day in a month you don’t lose all the reward for your hard work of 29 days. We usually tend to focus on what we didn’t do

Trishastime. Yippee for your treadmill workout. That’s a great idea about a 60 bday party My DH still has a couple of years to go but I think how can he be that old. Lol. I of course didn’t age. I need to write this idea down on my Trello board or poof the thought will disappear

Trooworld at first I was bummed about only half pound then reminds myself that’s still 26 lbs a year. Been along while since I’ve done that. Now I’m thinking ever? 26 lbs will show up inside and outside my body yaaay on your meal prep I agree so important

Cbabie. Typing on the phone. It gets better. I had to start doing it when my computer screen broke You know the whole when life gives you lemon thing..... yes consistency. I think we all need more of that. Although I’m doing better on that since my plan kicked in. Habits are starting to form. It seems easier. I think the biggest thing I’m learning is being flexible to move around my daily schedule when unplanned distractions arise. Plus preplanning the night before when I have planned events that interfere with my regular schedule Such as I just did. Otherwise my stuff won’t get done I’ll start to think what a failure I am and down the rabbit hole I go Yaaay for your treadmill and checking in here. Those two things are important

Cmedwards. So this time around you shoot for 3/4 day or a whole day. Give up the all or nothing thinking. Think NOW. What can I do now to help me on my journey. Past is gone even if you messed up 15 min ago. I’m at a 10 day streak which I never thought possible. Inconsistency used to be my middle name Have I done it perfectly? no but I’m farther down the road a bit instead of just sitting on the side. You can do this. Sorry for your family’s loss Tough on the children no matter the age. I’m the same way with exercise. The domino effect Just consider yourself on a commercial break. Now back to your regularly scheduled program

I did 30 min treadmill 5 min walking outside around the house 10 min stretching
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I'm sorry you were depressed. I hope YOU can find your groove soon. I'm glad you were able to talk to your daughter and get your own advice back. :)

@cmedwards52 I'm sorry for the loss of your cousin. Yes, it is difficult to get back on track after being off track, but not impossible.

@theslightedgeforever thanks for the highlights and congrats on the loss! Great job. You shouldn't be bummed about 1/2 a pound. Like you said, it adds up...yesterday on Connect (the social media platform on WW), one of the most successful WWers posted that she lost an average of .37 lbs a week because it took her so long to lose her weight, but did she regret that it took so long now that she is at her goal weight? Nooooo. And a healthy rate of loss is .5-2 lbs a week, so you are well within that range. Kudos to you! :)

@TrishasTime great job on the treadmill! It's easy to reach for sweets when we are stressed, isn't it? I eat leftovers from dinner for lunch, so I don't have to meal prep lunches. I am just doing instant packets of grits with vegetarian sausage patties + an apple for breakfast, so easy peezie.

Hi all. I went to the gym last night and walked on the treadmill. I will *try* to do a Leslie Sansone YouTube video tonight when I get home, but I have something I have to do, so I may not have time tonight. I am currently -2 for the week but I will catch up today I think. Luckily, I've prepped healthy meals to get me through until weigh-in day.
  • cbabie
    Morning all! I went to the gym today, but my fitbit didn't transmit right to my fitbit app...it's weird..it only has be on the elliptical (NOT) and only taking 234 steps, however, the steps are correct on my actual fitbit...not sure why it recorded it that way. So last night after taking over 14K steps, and putting on VBS at church, I was tired and hungry. So I really wanted the mini cakes that are in my fridge...well I didn't do that well, but better. I had a bowl of Shreaded frosted mini wheat's..but still wanted that cake, but CHOSE watermelon instead...then went to bed. So little changes...

@trooworld yes my daughter should have advise, I have been coaching her my whole life..LOL Good job on the gym!!

@theslightedgeforever I will do typing on my phone as a last resort..LOL Good job on the activity. Wow 26 lbs would get me to my goal...I never looked at it that way. Thanks!

@TrishasTime I am so glad you like your treadmill and you are using it..GREAT JOB...I have the same problem with sweets...they just keep calling my name.. LOL I should tell it like I used to say to my children..You call my name one more time and your in BIG trouble..now go to your room and don't come out until I tell you too. LOL

@cmedwards52 So sorry for your loss, it really is tough to lose someone close and unexpectedly. yes exercise...I just keep saying, okay I did it today, now Lord, help me do it tomorrow. I woke up singing this song from years ago...One day at a time, sweet Jesus, that's all I am asking of you....so one day at a time..one step at a time..you can do this!!!

Cbabie
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    I knew this was the place to come back to!!

THANK YOU all for your wonderful words of encouragement. Exactly the same things I would have told any of you. Now I just need to listen to all of you AND myself!! I've just finished planning and tracking for today and as a result, can clearly see how these pounds have found their way back "home". So now to STICK to my plan and add a treadmill or Park workout (even just 20 minutes will work). I choose Park if the weather will permit. Raining here in the beautiful Fraser Valley of British Columbia.

Thanks again - have a wonderful day!
    Hugs, Carol
  • theslightedgeforever
    Trooworld. Thank you for pointing out 0.5-2 lbs is in the acceptable range. I always think 1-2 I have to catch up on a Leslie Sansone video that I missed on Saturday. I’m trying to meet my exercise minutes goal. So now I’m breaking that up into 10 extra minutes a day. It’s not so much

Cbabie. Good for you for choosing watermelon over cake. It’s the little choices that will get you there

Cmedwards. Sounds like you have a solid plan I’m good at planning; execution seems to be the problem but that was the old me. Sometimes I think of having to do this forever and can I really do it. It’s overwhelming. So I remind myself we arent promised even tomorrow. All we need to do is take care of today. I’m breaking my habits down to mini ones if I have to. If I feel a bit of resistance I ask myself what’s the least you can do Sometimes it’s “go put on my workout shoes”. It only takes a bit of forward momentum. Sometimes I’ve done 5 minutes and walked back out. But it’s the habit I’m aiming for Quality will come A walk in the park sounds nice. Does it usually rain a lot there this time of year?

Today was an off day for intentional exercise but I ended up with 20 min anyway