NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @cbabie sorry about the Fitbit problems. GREAT JOB with the late night food! :D Thank you! :)

@cmedwards52 20 minutes adds up.

@theslightedgeforever 10 minutes isn't so bad. That's great that you got 20 minutes of unintentional exercise. I got some unintentional exercise and some intentional exercise (see below).

Hi all. Yesterday at work, I had to move some boxes and I started my Fitbit watch during the moving because I knew my heart rate would be up and it was. 18 minutes of unintentional workout, I burned 94 calories (if you believe Fitbit), average BPM of 103. I wanted to do some exercise when I got home. My original idea was to do a Leslie Sansone video but I was just too tired, so I decided to do a Yoga with Adriene video from YouTube. It was good, only 20 minutes. That was my intentional exercise. I felt like I needed to do something because I was so hungry yesterday and I turned to chocolate. :( I didn't have much, but I had some. What's done is done, hopefully today is a better day.
  • cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,563 Member
    Options
    Morning all, I am extremely tired. This VBS and heat are kicking my backside..LOL I did not go to the gym today, I went over my 10K yesterday and I need some down time today before VBS tonight. I will go back to the gym tomorrow. I didn't do that well on eating yesterday, it all started with a bagel for breakfast...no no never again...I say..LOL

@trooworld I am glad you stuck to your modified plans...great job!! it will show up in places you don't expect.

@theslightedgeforever good job for puttin' on the ritz..oh I meant shoes..LOL

@cmedwards52 You can do this...we will all do this TOGETHER!

cbabie
  • TrishasTime
    TrishasTime Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone

Sorry did not get o yesterday - GD's 17th birthday and had to wait for a 17 year old to wake up, hence late to work. I knocked off early so we were in time to go to the gold class lounge (they are at the cinema where you sit in recliners and have your drinks served to you) What the Incredibles - not something I liked AT ALL but GD enjoyed it.

Home around 7.30pm, had chines on way home but it was something pre-planned. Today (this morning in her license test) lots of things to do today, and that also includes a lot of walking, so no planned treadmill today, but back at it tomorrow and will see if work gym is open on Saturday and if so will go then.

@theslightedgeforever - love your mindset (26lbs / 11kg per year) it builds on the set of any loss is a good loss. I took the picture I made to the photoshop and they have made a photo strip, now I have to insert it a rectangular frame with enough white frame around it so people can sign it. Will send a piccy on here when finished.

@cbabie - Love the little changes and the strength of mind - what is VBS?? Also if you set your fitbit to exercise and then selected the exercise fitbit, it will come as an exercise rather than steps.

@trooworld - So you turned to chocolate - BUT you did not eat the whole block - so high five to you. You put your fitbit on for the moving boxes - another high five. Please do not be so hard on yourself.

@cmedwards52 - WE are here to support each other holistically , our journey is not just about our weight because every part of lives affect other things. So I am glad you are on board. Love your planning , allow for unplanned things that may / may not happen. I am learning that from @theslightedgeforever - as I am trying not to be a allor nothing girl as look where that got me - rotating unhealthy

Catch you all later

Trish
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good day yesterday. Got my walk in at the Park and stuck to a very healthy eating plan. Today has been really good too. Golfed with DH this afternoon and that was really nice. Home now heading for a nice hot tub and a glass of wine before dinner. Ribs (cooked in the crock pot) and a Greek salad on the menu for tonight. So that's two days in a row with exercise and I KNOW that's what makes all the difference for me. Just need to keep r goin!!
    Cheers, Carol
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I looked into doing ww years ago and it just wasn’t for me. I found the points thing really confusing. (Probably just me). That’s when I ended up find mfp.
  • theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Quick flyby here. I had guests. Didn’t eat any of the cake I made except a little sliver to taste it before serving. No exercise except a 5 min walk outside around the house. . I let the day get away from me. Another thing to add to my obstacles and solutions list.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie just start over with the next bite, cbabie. You can do this! I hope you get back to the gym tomorrow.

@TrishasTime what are chines? I wish your GD good luck on her test! Yes, that is true, I did not eat the whole chocolate--- but I did eat all that my coworker gave me lol! ;) But you are right, I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

@AmberGlitter hi there, welcome! Everyone needs to find what plan works for them. Maybe MFP will work for you? I'm glad you are here.

@theslightedgeforever good job not eating the cake, and at least you got a 5 minute walk in.

Hi all! It's weigh-in day for me and I'm happy to report that I'm down -3 lbs this week. This is despite eating macaroni and cheese for dinner last night and being -3 points yesterday. I'm down a total of -11.1 lbs, most of that has been since the family emergency has stabilized (beginning of May). I hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • cmedwards52
    cmedwards52 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All
    Could be a tough day here today but I'm going to reverse that and keep very busy, exercise and drink lots of water to make it a very GOOD day instead. Tough because tomorrow is WI day and so far its really nip and tuck for a loss on that metal beast. So, sleeves rolled up and HERE I GO!!
    Carol
  • cbabie
    Options
    Hi Guys, I am crazy busy and tired, so no gym today, but started my day with yogurt and watermelon. I have to run, but wanted to stop by and check in...(accountability)

I will try to catch up on personals tomorrow.

PS @TrishasTime VBS is Vacation Bible School.

Cbabie
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    @AmberGlitterSparkles Welcome to our group. New members are always fun because they bring energy to the group. I really like MFP.

trooworld I do that yoga with Adrienne on Fridays. Woohoo on the weight loss. Your program is working.

cbabie I saw you taunted me on Fitbit. I need to get moving, everyone is ahead of me now. lol Trooworld and I are pretty well matched.

cmedwards Did you make it through your tough day? I'm getting better on my water but still need to up it just a bit to hit my goal each day.

• trooworld
    Options
    @cbabie thanks for stopping by. Yogurt and watermelon...yum! :)

@theslightedgeforever I really like her. Thanks! Yes, it seems to be. I need to up my water as well.

Hi all! TGIF! I'm fighting cravings for "fun food" trying to tell myself to hold on, I'll have fun food on the 4th of July but my inner child is throwing tantrums and healthy food against the wall lol. I'm going to try to shovel some healthy food down at lunch today. Maybe I'll leave my debit card at home so I have no way of getting anything from the cafe at work. Have a good day!
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trooworld. Great idea on leaving the debit card at home. So what is your idea of fun food? Salty sweet creamy? Then we can help figure out what substitutes so you can buy some ingredients. Have you tried the twins banana cake recipe in the mini loaf pan It’s just mix one package of oatmeal with one egg and one mashed banana. They add fat free cool whip on top which isn’t that one zero points. So the only points you are getting is the ones in the oatmeal packet You could probably even make DIY packets and substitute stevia and they would be even less Ok that’s a sweet

Can any of you help Trooworld figure out a low point/calorie salty snack that’s fun

I did 44 minutes of walking outside in the neighborhood
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Hi everyone

I have been really busy with end of year, today was my last day. I started at 3.30am and finished at 9.30am - did some other work catch up and then was home by 11am for a sleep. That was my last end of year work, they now have a consultant in to manage that applications - woohoo. On another subject I must say I am disappointed with my weight loss this week - only 100gm and I really did put in the exercise. What gets me is that I did a sneaky way on Wednesday and was down a kg :neutral:

@trooworld - Sorry that was a spelling error - it was supposed to be Chinese :wink: GD did not pass her driving test - I am good about it as it scares me that she is on the road when she lacks focus.. Congrats on your weight loss. 11.1 pounds is over 5kgs in aussie speak. Superb effort.

@amberglitter - Welcome here - I hope MFP works for you. Some members here are still doing WW. For me I want to know the value of everything I put in my mouth rather than have some free - just my mindset I suppose.

@cmedwards52 - Good work there!.. I hope you win your battle with metal monster - let us know how you go

@theslightedgeforever - 5 min is better than sitting on the couch. How did you go today?

Catch you all later

Trish
  • cbabie
    Options
    Morning all, I didn't get on here yesterday...internet...and just plain tired. I made bad choices yesterday and know and have proven the best way to start my day. NO carbs...that sends me on a one way road to eating all carbs and little protein. I have not been to the gym since Tuesday..and I FEEL it..

@AmberGlitterSparkles Welcome to this board...I am a lifetiime member, I just don't go any more. I should because of right now, I am over my goal...so trying to do this here with all my wonderful friends..

ugh...my internet just disconnected again..so this will go when ever it becomes active again..

@trooworld you are doing so well, I am so proud of your pushing through each day.

@trishastime yea I know how I felt when my oldest grand daughter got her license. now she tells me how to drive..LOL

@theslightedgeforever you are making good progress, keep it up.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I can have fun food...I can make substitutes...fun food...cheeseburgers + fries, pizza etc. I'll be okay. If I wanted to, I could have a pita pizza or I could have baked fries with a turkey burger or lean beef burger, but I'm fine. I'm having thai spiced chicken wings for dinner which is kind of a fun food and then on the 4th I'm having cheeseburgers. Until then, if I get a craving, I'll look at my WW weigh in history see my progress and see how well I am doing and think to myself, "I don't want to mess that up". Thanks for offering to help. Great job on the walk...that sounds really relaxing.

@TrishasTime maybe you do a sneaky weigh in tomorrow and you will be down the kg again? How often do you weigh in? Now that end of year is done, will it be less busy for you at work? Chinese! OH that makes more sense. ;) Thanks, I'm happy now that my focus is on weight loss instead of elsewhere.

@cbabie are you saying that eating no carbs for breakfast sends you to eating all carbs and little protein or are you saying that eating carbs for breakfast sends you to eating all carbs and little protein? I'm confused. Get yourself back to that gym, girlfriend!!! Thank you for your encouragement. ;)

Hi all. I ate what I brought yesterday at work and nothing I didn't bring. #NSV For dinner, we did have kind of a fun food but I had the points: chicken burritos. Today, I may or may not go to BodyPump. It depends if my husband gets up to go. I hope you have a good day.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

I woke up at 7.30am which is a sleep in for me :smiley: Busy day planned for me. Food shopping Leslie Sansone video. Wait for the roof repair man to come and wait for my family to come home from their adventures.

@cbabie - Yes I agree - if I set myself up right at brekky the day seems to go easier. What is your plana bout returning to the gym. Have you scheduled it in? Did I ever mention that I am also a LTM - but now way!!! over.

@trooworld - Yes I did a sneaky weigh this morning and I back down again. I normally only weigh once a week, but I was curious as I added in the treadmill routine. Well done on your NSV :) This month is called dry July where you can choose not to have alcohol - so I am going to make it my NSV - will keep you posted

Trish

• theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Trishastime. Focus on your habits and not the weight loss. If the habits are good eventually will the weight loss will be. But it is frustrating. How was your food I take this week. Is there a reason July is dry. Oh you have opposite months than we do right? You are in winter?

Cbabie. When we know better we do better So get to the gym or go swimming or dancing. Just move your body

Trooworld. Good for you for sticking to your food plan at work

I did 60 min exercise. 5 min mini trampoline 15 min treadmill 30 min Leslie Sansone 10 min stretching Calories were good 8 cups water. Step goal met. A good day overall
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TrishasTime I slept in too, I woke up at a luxurious 8am! I never sleep past 6. ;) That's great that you are back down! Good luck with dry July...I would have a hard time with that as I like to have a wine spritzer in the evening. That would be a great NSV though!

@theslightedgeforever thanks. You had a great day, wow, congrats!

Hi all! I had a wonderful day yesterday food and exercise-wise: I knew I was going to have fun food for dinner, so to plan for it, I had a 2 pt smoothie for breakfast and a 1 pt smoothie for lunch. This left me with 20 pts for the day for a nice dinner and a spritzer. Dinner was sticky thai chicken wings (12 pts) + thai cucumber salad (6 pts) and I had 2 spritzers (5 pts), so I went into my weekly points a bit but that's okay, that is what they are there for. My only regret is that, by the time I started making dinner I was famished and I was eating some of the peanuts that I had bought for the cucumber salad (5 pts worth, to be exact). But the old me would have had breakfast and lunch and then eaten the wings and cucumber salad, not caring to fit in anything. I got in over 9,000 steps which is good for the weekend.
  • TrishasTime
    Options
    Morning everyone

@theslightedgeforever - Yes I can see what you mean about habits. If the habits are there, things will follow. Which Leslie Sansone did you do?. I did the 2mile walk which included stretchy bands. 2miles is just over 3km here. Well done on your exercise :)

@trooworld - Weekly points and the occasional fun dinner is a part of life - glad you could see the old and new self and know you are going in the right direction.

Today I have done 25 min on treadmill and 5 min stretching before work. I have incorporated exercises that the physio gave me to stop limping but gave it away when things got too busy. I was driving this morning to go to the work gym and I thought about how I would not have done this for me 6 months ago. Instead I would take the dogs or I would feel guilty all day. I am glad I am incorporating me time now

Trish
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Trooworld. Looks like we are both stepping up our game. That’s exactly what you are supposed to be doing. Preplanning to make sure your points fit in for the day. Well done

Trishastime. I do a variety of Leslie Sansone videos. Usually one that is 30 min long. Whichever comes first on my YouTube. Currently I’m doing the 4 mile walk but it’s not really 4 miles. They’ve edited the tape to be 30 min In this one she changes her routine more frequently than previous ones Good for you on your physio work. I’ve been doing my hip stretches lately each day and not feeling like an old lady when I walk or get in and out of bed Soon I’ll be working on my tendonitis It’s flared up at the moment

I did 39 treadmill 10 stretching 5 walking around outside water and food was good